inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite 70s year ?

Written By: Starro23 on 06/11/22 at 4:19 pm

What is it ?

Subject: Re: Favorite 70s year ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/22 at 3:13 pm

All of them!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/24/22 at 10:53 am

Having experienced the entire 70's decade as a preteen/teen/young adult (ages "going on" 10 to "going on" 20), I can say there were good and bad things about every year in the 70's.

What I will say - as in all decades, things kept changing throughout the 70's.  A LOT.  The world looked a lot different on Jan 1, 1980 than it did on Dec. 31, 1969.  This is not limited to pop culture or fashipn.  There's no question that society itself went through a lot of changes.  And those of us my age lived through it.

All that said, I don't have a favorite year.  I'm just glad to have experienced the 70's at the time I did.  A good thing IMO.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/22 at 2:11 pm

Having experienced the entire 70's decade as a preteen/teen/young adult (ages "going on" 10 to "going on" 20), I can say there were good and bad things about every year in the 70's.

What I will say - as in all decades, things kept changing throughout the 70's.  A LOT.  The world looked a lot different on Jan 1, 1980 than it did on Dec. 31, 1969.  This is not limited to pop culture or fashipn.  There's no question that society itself went through a lot of changes.  And those of us my age lived through it.

All that said, I don't have a favorite year.  I'm just glad to have experienced the 70's at the time I did.  A good thing IMO.

I don't remember too much of what was going on in the world in the early '70s since I was only in first grade when the decade began. (Oh crap. I just dated myself again. I hate when I do that.)

I had a lot of changes that decade since I went to 9 different schools (in four different states) from Dec. 31st, 1969 to Jan 1st, 1980. (I went to another one in the '60s and one more in the '80s before graduating.) The fact that I did go to so many schools, it kind of helps me with my memory. For instance, when something happened, I recall being in a certain school-which means a certain grade. Then I can tell what year it happened. (Does that make sense?)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/22 at 11:18 am

I had a lot of changes that decade since I went to 9 different schools (in four different states) from Dec. 31st, 1969 to Jan 1st, 1980. (I went to another one in the '60s and one more in the '80s before graduating.) The fact that I did go to so many schools, it kind of helps me with my memory. For instance, when something happened, I recall being in a certain school-which means a certain grade. Then I can tell what year it happened. (Does that make sense?)

Cat
I use the same principal as you to remember the years, songs, films, events, etc, where I was at the time, school, work position, etc. Not just for the 1970s but for the years of my life.

Written By: Cherie70 on 12/19/22 at 5:35 pm

What is it ?

The entire Decade.

Check for new replies or respond here...