The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Trying to find the name of a toy, please help.

Written By: Gpallen on 11/11/02 at 03:40 p.m.

I'm trying to recall what an old toy was called.
It was a brightly colored (like neon green) almost submarine shaped plastic toy that had a string running through the top part. On the bottom of it was a detachable black plastic hook (sorta shaped like a W in that it had a hook on the left and the right), that was used for picking up objects such as the "bucky ball like" pink or green spheres that were included with it. (These could be split apart and you could mix up colors, or place action figures inside )

But the toy worked by tying part of the string spool (a rectangualar black spool.) on to a door knob or other object. Then you back away to reduce the slack on the string and to race the "Inster proper toy name here" off the ground. The "sub thing" was weighted, so that when you lifted the string higher than the door knob, it would zoom towards the door knob, or if you held it lower it would zoom back to you., and you could make it swoop down and pick up the bucky ball like things.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I mainly need the name so that I can know what I'm looking for.