inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BOYS IN MAKEUP!!!!!

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/22/04 at 6:45 pm

Back by popular demand! (Vile) ;D

This is one of my favorite subjects to talk about, and think about, like I'm sure others do! So, The question is, who are your favorite painted boys? You know they drive you crazy! You think about them all the time, so, reveal who they are here!

Oh yes, and please feel free to leave pictures!!!! DON'T DROOL TOO MUCH!!!!

My favorites are:

Adam Ant (First and foremost!)
Martin Gore
Nick Rhodes
John Taylor
David Bowie
Gary Tibbs(an ant)
Terry Lee Mail (another ant)
David Sylvian

And there are probably more! I just can't remember them all now!

Oh yeah, how do you post pictures up here now? Some have tried and can't do it, so I'm just curious.

Rio

Subject: Re: BOYS IN MAKEUP!!!!!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/22/04 at 6:55 pm

You know my favourite!!! It's the one and only genius behind Depeche Mode...

MARTIN L. GORE!!!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 04/22/04 at 8:55 pm

Boy George! :P ;D

Howard

Written By: Meltd0wn on 04/22/04 at 9:58 pm

OK, I have to be the Metal rebel here with my FAV list, LOL.

This is what I call "boys in Makeup" hehe.

Peter Criss
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/peter.gif

Gene Simmons
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/gene.gif

Paul Stanley
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/paul.gif

Ace Frehley
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/ace.gif

Eric Carr
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/eric_carr.jpg

Vinnie Vincent
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/vinnie-vincent.jpg

Alice Cooper
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/alice_cooper.jpg

& King Diamond

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/KD-conspiracy.jpg

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/23/04 at 8:10 am

I also like Brett Michaels and CeCeDiville from Poison.
http://www.animalrecords.com.br/vozes/BrettMichaels.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:6LIbE1RQrREJ:www.wbnq.com/poison-band150.jpg
http://www.firstlight-laser.com/pics/poison.gif

Written By: Huw on 04/23/04 at 3:16 pm

You know this is a subject I can't resist....!

The truth of the matter is that the best made up men were from the '70s. Namely Bowie at the time of Aladdin Sane and Marc Bolan of T. Rex.

In the '80s, Marilyn, David Sylvian and Adam Ant were all pretty good with the rouge and mascara. Boy George was, erm, variable. Robert Smith of The Cure was possibly the worst made-up man I've ever seen....  :D

all the best
Huw

Written By: duranchick on 04/23/04 at 4:16 pm

John Taylor was the best with Brett Michaels as a very close second.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 5:05 pm

Paul Lekakis! ;D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/26/04 at 9:50 am

OK, time to revive this topic!! We need pics of boys in makeup!!! ;D

This is for you, Rio...

A very lovely picture of Nick Rhodes, and another picture of Martin Gore for good measure...:)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: gina on 04/26/04 at 11:51 am

boy george!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/26/04 at 2:08 pm

Vile, that is one of my absolute fav pics of Nick!!! You are good!!!

Keep 'em coming! I like what I've seen so far!!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/26/04 at 2:41 pm

OK, by special request (Rio)...a picture of Martin Gore. Awwwwww...relaxing Martin...;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/26/04 at 2:50 pm

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice Vile! Martin just belongs in a bed! When he isn't in a studio anyways!

Rio

Written By: Huw on 04/26/04 at 3:30 pm

I always thought Marilyn wore makeup well. Maybe Marilyn isn't know in the States? He had a brief pop career here in the UK. Truth is, he looked better than he sounded...  ;) (if you're reading this Marilyn, that's meant as a compliment!)

http://www.apeculture.com/cleavage.jpg

best wishes
Huw

Written By: Bobby on 04/26/04 at 4:27 pm

I thought Boy George was quite adventurous with the old make-up box. My dad had the album with those men from Kiss with their make-up on.

I find there is a striking resemblance between Marilyn and Marilyn Manson - Creepy!  :o

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/26/04 at 5:26 pm

I thought Boy George was quite adventurous with the old make-up box. My dad had the album with those men from Kiss with their make-up on.

I find there is a striking resemblance between Marilyn and Marilyn Manson - Creepy!  :o

I think there's a striking resemblance between Paul Stanley (of KISS) and Tim Curry as Dr. Frank N. Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show... :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/26/04 at 5:36 pm

Tim Curry is totally creepy with a Capitol 'C'. Have you seen him as the clown in Stephen Kings "IT" and as Satan in "Legend" ?  YIKES!

SmithsGirl

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 9:10 pm

I always thought Marilyn wore makeup well. Maybe Marilyn isn't know in the States? He had a brief pop career here in the UK. Truth is, he looked better than he sounded...  ;) (if you're reading this Marilyn, that's meant as a compliment!)

http://www.apeculture.com/cleavage.jpg

best wishes
Huw

That picture can't be a guy.That's a girl. :o

Howard

Written By: Huw on 04/27/04 at 8:02 am

I'll have to know that I deliberately picked that picture as it's one of Marilyn's less feminine shots! I mean, by his standards the makeup is positively restrained...  ;D

best wishes
Huw

Written By: Cheetara on 04/27/04 at 1:17 pm

My vote will always go to Martin L Gore.

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 1:30 pm

Rio Rhodes can put any picture she wants as long as the moderators allow it.

For the record, Rio Girl, I HATE NICK RHODES, so please never post any pictures of him again!!!

He is not nearly as good looking as Simon LeBon!!!

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 1:54 pm

Thank you Rush/Vile. That guest is just trying to stir up stuff. So I will ignore them.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 1:55 pm

Eeeerrrmmm..........are you Rio's guardian, or something?!

Can't this "Rio Girl" speak for herself?!

And, I never want to see Nick Rhodes anywhere on this board AGAIN!!!!!

I love every part of this site, and I do not need any "Nick Rhodes" CRAP poluting it!!!

Rio Rhodes happens to not be online at the moment, and if she were, I don't think she'd appreciate this insulting bull!!! Please stop!!

And just for that...a present:

http://www.myobsessivefascination.com/pages/nick115.jpg

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 2:03 pm

Thank you Rush/Vile. That guest is just trying to stir up stuff. So I will ignore them.

Good idea. I'm just trying to stick up for a friend. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/27/04 at 3:44 pm

Yeah.....sweet.....now, could somebody PLEASE post a nice, juicy, luscious picture of Simon?!  And get rid of that disgusting human being, Nick Rhodes?!

Geez, I wasn't asking for any hostility, just pictures! I rather there not be any hard feelings between people on the boards. Just because you don't like Nick Rhodes doesn't mean you have to bash any one else who does, ok?

If you want a picture of Simon up here so badly, put one up yourself! Like others are doing! No hard feelings, k?

Oh, and by the way, take a hint, my name is RIO RHODES

Always has been, always will be. 8)

Rio Rhodes

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 3:53 pm

Rio Rhodes

Couldn't have said it better Rio.  8)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/27/04 at 3:56 pm

Rio Rhodes

Couldn't have said it better Rio.  8)

Thank you! Thanks for sticking up for me too! You and Vile! I would have done the same thing for you too!

Rio

Written By: Lanie on 04/27/04 at 4:01 pm

Yeah.....sweet.....now, could somebody PLEASE post a nice, juicy, luscious picture of Simon?!  And get rid of that disgusting human being, Nick Rhodes?!

Geez, I wasn't asking for any hostility, just pictures! I rather there not be any hard feelings between people on the boards. Just because you don't like Nick Rhodes doesn't mean you have to bash any one else who does, ok?

If you want a picture of Simon up here so badly, put one up yourself! Like others are doing! No hard feelings, k?

Rio Rhodes

Very well said Rio!  ;D :D

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 4:01 pm

Rio.......I kind of stuck up for you, too, but that's okay.  The "Arcadia" person is gone.  She posted on the "Missing Topic" post, right after that epic take on the history of DD (which is way off, if you ask me!), that she's leaving.

She shouldn't have said all those mean things.

BTW, I can't officially register, b/c I stilllive with my parents (unfortunately) and therefore, I can't register on message boards.  That is why I am only here as a guest.

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 4:13 pm

Thank you! Thanks for sticking up for me too! You and Vile! I would have done the same thing for you too!
Rio

No problem what so ever. Anytime!  :)
Now, here's a pic of my fave JT in make up
http://www.nightboat.com/jtpen.jpg

And here's one for Rio
http://www.templeofsaintnick.com/images/face.jpg

And Vile
http://www.martingore.net/welcome/photos/portraits/images/martin25b.jpg

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 4:22 pm

Nick and JT are too cute for words!  They are such lovely men.  BTW, did you guys know that John was in some movies?

First, he was in "Sugar Town" (a great movie, by the way, staring one of my favorite actresses, Roseanna Arquette) in 1998/99.  A year later, he was in two indie flicks, "Four Dogs Playing Poker" (which has been on cable alot lately, mostly on Showtime and The Movie Channel; he is so hot, especially when he's eating the pizza!), and another one with Barbara Hershey, which I'm not too familiar with.  And that same year he had a small part in "Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas", a very cute film, but worth it to hear JT say, "How old did you say you were?"  At the end of the year, and the beginning of 2001, he appeared in two consecutive VH-1 movies; first, he played a very sexy ghost of Xmas present in "A Diva's Christmas Carol"(this is my personal favorite of JT's films, even though he's only in it for a couple of minutes) and he played a rock star who trashes a hotel room, but gets his commupence in "Strange Frequency".  And he did a straight-to-video movie called "Vegas C.O.D.", which I cannot find anywhere!  And, he guest starred on one of the final eps of Fox's "That '80s Show".  I love that he's back with Duran Duran making music and all, but I really hope he does some more acting.  And, I would love to see Nick break into acting, as well....(maybe even do a sexy love scene or two...)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 4:23 pm

Rio: You are so welcome! :) That idiot really made me mad!!! And I knew you wouldn't appreciate her comments so I had to step in! :) That's what friends are for, right? (Sorry to quote an icky song, but...) ;D

rubixgirl: Thank you for that DELICIOUS picture of Martin!!!! I nearly fell to the floor! I love it! Mmmmmm...<drool...>

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 04/27/04 at 4:33 pm

I don't understand that outburst by Arcadia Powerstation (ominous username), Rio Rhodes. I do understand that you are a class act for what you said and how you said it - Well done Rio.  :)

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 4:41 pm

Yeah, I knew about some of them, but not all. Thanks Heather.

Nick and JT are too cute for words!  They are such lovely men.  BTW, did you guys know that John was in some movies?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 4:46 pm

I don't understand that outburst by Arcadia Powerstation (ominous username), Rio Rhodes. I do understand that you are a class act for what you said and how you said it - Well done Rio.  :)

Yes, I agree, but failed to say anything.

GOOD GOING, RIO!!! YAY!!!!

I liked what you said. Very diplomatic of you! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 4:55 pm

Again, Rio Rhodes, very well said!  U GO, GRRRRL!!!!

Also......."Diva's Christmas Carol" hasn't been on alot this year, b/c they had to make room for all this "Fabulous Life Of..." and Britney Spears crap!  And, it's kind of hard to find on DVD/video.....so, b/c it's been on alot lately, I highly recommend "4 Dogs Playing Poker".  John has a small role in it, but theres a scene where he's in a car with his partener eating pizza.  Boy, I love watching men chew!

Written By: Rush on 04/27/04 at 5:41 pm

....Back to topic.

What about Steve Strange from Visage (Remember "Fade To Grey"???)

Here is a pic of him

http://members.tripod.de/ChrisStrange/vispics2/images/stespan2.jpg

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 5:56 pm

Ahhhhh, yesssss//he is rather yummy, I MUST SAY!!

Ya' know, there are some men who look good in make-up, and there are others who look MMMMMAAAAARRRRRVVVVVEEEEELLLLLOOOOOUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 6:51 pm

Ahhhhh, yesssss//he is rather yummy, I MUST SAY!!

Ya' know, there are some men who look good in make-up, and there are others who look MMMMMAAAAARRRRRVVVVVEEEEELLLLLOOOOOUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!

Yeah, like Nick Rhodes! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 7:42 pm

I'll have to know that I deliberately picked that picture as it's one of Marilyn's less feminine shots! I mean, by his standards the makeup is positively restrained...  ;D

best wishes
Huw

you mean Marilyn Manson? can't be....?  ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 7:44 pm

Why do some guys look like gorgeous girls? I mean,it was very hard to tell back then... ;D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 7:52 pm

best wishes
Huw

Howard

No, that's not Marilyn Manson, it's Marilyn. Just Marilyn. '80's UK pop singer. He was in Band Aid!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 7:59 pm

best wishes
Huw

Howard

No, that's not Marilyn Manson, it's Marilyn. Just Marilyn. '80's UK pop singer. He was in Band Aid!

Absolutely Vile

I almost drooled till I saw those big muscles... ;D :P

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 9:25 pm

best wishes
Huw

Howard

Absolutely Vile

Howard

And the chest hair too maybe?? ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 9:37 pm

In all honesty.........in 1985, when Arcadia formed,and Nick Rhodes had the longish black hair, and the eccessive makeup, that really turned me on.  That is one of my alltime fave Nick Rhodes looks!

He actually reminded me a little bit of Johnny Depp from "Edward Scissorhands", only slightly cuter.

The "Election Day" video where he's walking around with the candle holder and when he's acting as the "lion tamer" are a couple of stand-out moments 4 me.

Also, Robert Smith from the Cure is one of my celebrity crushes for some odd reason.  Theres just something about him.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 9:45 pm

Ahhhhhh...

After much searching, I have found a picture of someone who could quite well rival both Nick Rhodes and...<gasp!> yes, even Martin Gore (although that's a hard act to follow!!)! A man after whom Nick must have modelled his look! None other than...

DAVID SYLVIAN!

(You'll like this one too, Rio...;D)

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 9:56 pm

David's pretty hot........but Nick is still the hottest in my opinion!

Written By: Lanie on 04/27/04 at 10:34 pm

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite pictures.  :D
http://lanie2247.250free.com/nickjt.jpg

Written By: Lanie on 04/27/04 at 10:35 pm

RubixGirl,thanx for the yummy pic of John!  ;D

Written By: Rush on 04/27/04 at 11:42 pm

Here is an 80's picture and recent one (At first I wasn't even sure it was him) of Pete Burns from "Dead or Alive"!!

Written By: Bobby on 04/28/04 at 4:01 am

Cor Flippin' 'Eck! Pete Burns in the second picture looks like one of those rubber-masked celebrities in Bo Selecta! What a state!

Written By: Heather on 04/28/04 at 8:07 am

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I just ADORE that picture of Nick & John!!

How freakin' ADORABLE are they?!

Pete Burns used to be kinda' hot back in the '80s.......but now, he's kind of scary!

BTW, Lanie, nice pic of JT for your icon!

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/28/04 at 11:17 am

Ahhhhhh...

After much searching, I have found a picture of someone who could quite well rival both Nick Rhodes and...<gasp!> yes, even Martin Gore (although that's a hard act to follow!!)! A man after whom Nick must have modelled his look! None other than...

DAVID SYLVIAN!

(You'll like this one too, Rio...;D)

Vile!

I totally agree with what you said about Nick modeling his look after David Sylvian's somewhat. The resemblance is very striking! I do like David Sylvian, he is a hottie! He doesn't break my top 3 though! That is unshakeable!!

Rio

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/28/04 at 12:00 pm

These are all really great posts! I'd post pictures if I could right now, I'm not on my own personal computer yet, but when I am, then I'll post like a madwoman!!

I do like all the guys of Duran Duran looks wise, even Simon! I'd post one of my fave pics of Si if I could!Maybe someone can post a pic of him up here too.

Like I said though, no one takes the place of my Adam Ant! He is in my opinion, God's gift to women! Me especially!! Don't I wish! 8) 8)

Who else in here does like Simon? Gotta show him some love too!!

Rio

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 1:43 pm

I can't believe how much David looks like Nick. Amazing!

Pete Burns has really distorted his look now. At some point in the 90's he went a little overboard w/ the cosmetic surgery.

Simon is cute, no doubt, but my fave is JT. (Yummy pic Lanie  :-* )

Written By: resinchaser on 04/28/04 at 2:46 pm

Motley Crue and Blackie Lawless (WASP) are a few of my favourites.

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 3:06 pm

Who else in here does like Simon? Gotta show him some love too!!

Rio

How's this for Simon love?? ;D

http://www.angelfire.com/music3/DuranDuran/images/simonStudio.JPG  http://www.duranduranfans.com/albums/Simon_Le_Bon/Duranasty_-_Simon_1.jpg
http://www.duranduranfans.com/albums/Simon_Le_Bon/Photo_Story_-_Simon_6.jpg   http://www.duranduranfans.com/albums/Simon_Le_Bon/Chartbeat_-_Simon_2.jpg

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/28/04 at 3:26 pm

More Simon love...

(But, pssssssst...I think she's gone now!!) :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: sarah_duranna:) on 04/28/04 at 6:40 pm

simon is so hot! he doesn't wear a ton of make up, but he is still the sexiest man from the eighties.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 7:41 pm

best wishes
Huw

Howard

Absolutely Vile

Howard

And the chest hair too maybe?? ;D

Absolutely Vile

No,I wouldn't go that far. :D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 7:43 pm

Here is an 80's picture and recent one (At first I wasn't even sure it was him) of Pete Burns from "Dead or Alive"!!

If I couldn't tell without looking at the name,I'd swear that is a gorgeous woman. ;D

Howard

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/29/04 at 11:28 am

Pete Burns is going to be the next Micheal Jackson if you ask me.(Plastic Surgery- wise). Wow, he doesn't look like a man, but the feminine features of his face are starting to, ummmmm.....cave in maybe?

Rio

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/29/04 at 11:56 am

Pete Burns is going to be the next Micheal Jackson if you ask me.(Plastic Surgery- wise). Wow, he doesn't look like a man, but the feminine features of his face are starting to, ummmmm.....cave in maybe?

Rio

I think "cave in" is a good way to put it.
Oh, I came across this pic for you.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2002/01/18/adamant.jpg

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/29/04 at 12:25 pm

Thank you Rubixgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are soooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! My heart just skipped a beat when I saw him!!! I needed that! Perfect way to begin my day!!
Good Lord he is hot!!!!!

Rio

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/29/04 at 12:44 pm

You are welcome...its always nice to start off the day like that

Thank you Rubixgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are soooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! My heart just skipped a beat when I saw him!!! I needed that! Perfect way to begin my day!!
Good Lord he is hot!!!!!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/29/04 at 12:52 pm

You are welcome...its always nice to start off the day like that

Yes, I agree...so here's a couple of pictures for you!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/29/04 at 1:53 pm

Thanx Vile...I especially like the bottom pic. Yum-my! :-*

Written By: Cheetara on 04/29/04 at 5:17 pm

Vile...you are the greatest!!  Thank you for sharing those pics!!  ;D John T is soooo darn yummy!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/29/04 at 9:23 pm

You're welcome girls. :) And now for some self-gratification... Mmmmmmmm...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/30/04 at 2:52 pm

And now for some self-gratification... Mmmmmmmm...

Absolutely Vile
:D..lol..
Here's some other pics of boys in make up...
http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/images/wham.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/a.w.o.l/human.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/30/04 at 8:21 pm

And now for some self-gratification... Mmmmmmmm...

Absolutely Vile
:D..lol..
Here's some other pics of boys in make up...
http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/images/wham.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/a.w.o.l/human.jpg

I'm afraid Geoge Michael never even wore makeup but on the bottom those are 2 girls. ???

Howard

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/01/04 at 11:58 am

*ahem* BUMP

I really do like those pics of Martin Vile!!! You can't go wrong with Martin topless!!!!! ;D

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/01/04 at 12:33 pm

*ahem* BUMP

I really do like those pics of Martin Vile!!! You can't go wrong with Martin topless!!!!! ;D

Rio

No you can't, so here's some others...;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/01/04 at 5:59 pm

Is Martin Vile your husband,Absolutely? :D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/01/04 at 6:05 pm

Howard

No.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/01/04 at 6:09 pm

Howard

No.

Absolutely Vile

Since you both had the same last name,I thought. :D I'm sorry! ;D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/02/04 at 11:41 am

Howard

No.

Absolutely Vile

Since you both had the same last name,I thought. :D I'm sorry! ;D

Howard

No no no...Rush is my husband. Martin's surname is Gore, not Vile. He's from Depeche Mode! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/02/04 at 3:56 pm

ah...I see...Marty Gore,heh?  ;D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 9:20 am

ah...I see...Marty Gore,heh?  ;D

Howard

<giggle> Marty...awwwwwwww...that's cute! ;D It reminds me of a fan site devoted to him called "Martie Heaven." I think, though, that if I ever had the honour and privilege of meeting him, I'd probably just call him Martin. :) (Or, if I'm really dumbfounded, "Muh...muh...muh...muh...") :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/04 at 10:53 am

<giggle> Marty...awwwwwwww...that's cute! ;D It reminds me of a fan site devoted to him called "Martie Heaven." I think, though, that if I ever had the honour and privilege of meeting him, I'd probably just call him Martin. :) (Or, if I'm really dumbfounded, "Muh...muh...muh...muh...") :P

Absolutely Vile

I wonder how Rush copes with all this idol worship, Vile, lol. My girlfriend is always harpin' on about Colin Firth or that bloke from Wet Wet Wet, Marti Pellow (though she says he's let himself go a bit these days) and I can honestly say I'm reaching for the medicine cabinet by the end of it.  :D

She gets it back though. We were walking along where I caught eye on a pub sandwich-board advertisement where a woman's cleavage was hanging out and she had to drag me up the road.  :D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 11:15 am

I wonder how Rush copes with all this idol worship, Vile, lol. My girlfriend is always harpin' on about Colin Firth or that bloke from Wet Wet Wet, Marti Pellow (though she says he's let himself go a bit these days) and I can honestly say I'm reaching for the medicine cabinet by the end of it.  :D

Well, usually he's like, "Oi! Stop that! No drooling!" :) I think he takes my idol worship with a grain of salt. Besides, I do most of my drooling when he's not looking. ;D ;)

She gets it back though. We were walking along where I caught eye on a pub sandwich-board advertisement where a woman's cleavage was hanging out and she had to drag me up the road.  :D

Good for her! I'd have done the same. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/03/04 at 8:13 pm

So,you 2 have any kids( sorry but I feel like staying on this subject)  :D

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 9:14 pm

Howard

No.

Aren't we supposed to be talking about boys in makeup?? Just wondering...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/03/04 at 9:29 pm

Howard

No.

Aren't we supposed to be talking about boys in makeup?? Just wondering...

Absolutely Vile

I'm sorry,I wandered off. :-[ :(

Howard

Written By: Lennox_626 on 05/04/04 at 10:26 am

Johnny Depp in Pirates Of The Caribbean. Sorry if that's not in the 80s, but I think he looks awesome. Especially in Sleepy Hollow. Back to the 80s I would say Adam Ant and David Bowie.

Love Heather-Lily
xXx

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/04/04 at 10:36 am

Johnny Depp in Pirates Of The Caribbean. Sorry if that's not in the 80s, but I think he looks awesome. Especially in Sleepy Hollow. Love Heather-Lily
xXx

But in alot of his movies he does sport the make up, but not heavily so.
http://user.chollian.net/~blurain/movie/Edward%20Scissorhands.jpg

http://www.flirtatious.org/johnny/Pictures/Captures/21JumpStreet/32.jpg

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/04/04 at 12:03 pm

Here's another who I think looked great in makeup...even better than he does without!

Love And Rockets' Daniel Ash

(And if anyone can find a better picture of him, I'd appreciate it because I wasn't having much luck!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/04/04 at 12:46 pm

Here ya' go..
http://www.danielash.org/img/ash3.new.gif   http://www.danielash.org/img/solo/D.Ash3.jpg

Here's another who I think looked great in makeup...even better than he does without!

Love And Rockets' Daniel Ash

(And if anyone can find a better picture of him, I'd appreciate it because I wasn't having much luck!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/04/04 at 1:34 pm

Thanks, rubixgirl! :) Not bad at all! :)

(I hope that's not real fur!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 1:40 pm

OK, I have to be the Metal rebel here with my FAV list, LOL.

This is what I call "boys in Makeup" hehe.

Peter Criss
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/peter.gif

Gene Simmons
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/gene.gif

Paul Stanley
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/paul.gif

Ace Frehley
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/ace.gif

Eric Carr
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/eric_carr.jpg

Vinnie Vincent
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/vinnie-vincent.jpg

Alice Cooper
http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/alice_cooper.jpg

& King Diamond

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Meltd0wn/KD-conspiracy.jpg
Great choice, MeltdOwn....Kiss ROCKS!

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/04/04 at 1:53 pm

No problem...and I hope its not too. But it was the best pic of his face.

Thanks, rubixgirl! :) Not bad at all! :)

(I hope that's not real fur!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/04/04 at 5:34 pm

Wow, Daniel Ash is really drool worthy!!!!! Thanks for those pictures Vile and Rubix Girl!!!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/04/04 at 6:07 pm

Wow, Daniel Ash is really drool worthy!!!!! Thanks for those pictures Vile and Rubix Girl!!!

Rio

You're welcome. :) He may not be as great looking as some of our other examples, but he's definitely still worth a mention!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/04/04 at 6:16 pm

You're welcome. :) He may not be as great looking as some of our other examples, but he's definitely still worth a mention!

Absolutely Vile

Yup! Honorable Mention! ;D

Rio

Written By: Howard on 05/04/04 at 8:52 pm

Here ya' go..
http://www.danielash.org/img/ash3.new.gif   http://www.danielash.org/img/solo/D.Ash3.jpg

Wow,I could never tell whether that's a boy or a girl! :o

Howard

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/05/04 at 8:41 am

You are welcome.

I know there are some more honorable mentions out there, just can't think of them right now.

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/04/04 at 10:39 am

Bringing this topic back from the depths of Page 14...

Here's someone I think looked fabulous in makeup when he wore it from the late '70's to early '80's: Warren Cann...drummer for Ultravox. He didn't look too bad without it either! Makeup suited him a lot more than it did Midge, but then Midge had that awful thin mustache to go along with it as well. Icky.

Anyway...here's Warren from the back cover of the Vienna LP, 1980. Check out the strking eyes!! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/04/04 at 11:34 am

Wow! He really does have great eyes!!! Yet another droolworthy boy in make up!!!! Nice one Vile!!!!

Its nice to see this beloved thread back on page 1 again! Just where it should be!!!!!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/04/04 at 11:39 am

Wow! He really does have great eyes!!! Yet another droolworthy boy in make up!!!! Nice one Vile!!!!

Its nice to see this beloved thread back on page 1 again! Just where it should be!!!!!

Rio

Yes, I'm glad this page is back in its rightful place. I really wish I could find more pics of him from back then, but I can't. There are plenty of him without makeup though! Or I could just post pictures of the band and go, "That's him on the left..." or something. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/04/04 at 12:05 pm

http://www.khanada.net/john50.jpg

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/04/04 at 12:06 pm

http://www.khanada.net/1985.jpg

I have to go with this lovely man.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/04/04 at 12:08 pm

Here's another picture of the beautiful man.

http://www.khanada.net/john54.jpg

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/04/04 at 12:23 pm

I have to agree w/ JTH. He is my fave, especially that first pic....YUM-ME! :-*

P.s.
That's for reviving this thread Vile.  :)

Written By: Lanie on 06/05/04 at 12:41 am

Great pics,JTH!!! :)

Here are some pics for Rio...

Written By: Lanie on 06/05/04 at 12:44 am

And one for you,Vile!  :) :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/05/04 at 1:22 am

<GASP!> <drooooooooooooooooool...> :) :) :) Thank you!!!!!!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/05/04 at 6:59 am

Great pics,JTH!!! :)

Here are some pics for Rio...

Those are nice pictures of Nick.

Written By: Ronald1707 on 06/05/04 at 10:53 am

Definitely Pete Burns of Dead or Alive!

Written By: Lanie on 06/05/04 at 1:46 pm

<GASP!> <drooooooooooooooooool...> :) :) :) Thank you!!!!!!

Absolutely Vile

You're welcome,Vile!  :)
Here's another one for you!  :)

Written By: Lanie on 06/05/04 at 1:46 pm

Those are nice pictures of Nick.

:)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/05/04 at 6:38 pm

You're welcome,Vile!  :)
Here's another one for you!  :)

<drooooooooooooool...> Ohhhhh baby!!! ;D

THANK YOU!!!!!! I'll try and find some pictures of John for you that haven't already been posted. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Lanie on 06/05/04 at 7:24 pm

<drooooooooooooool...> Ohhhhh baby!!! ;D

THANK YOU!!!!!! I'll try and find some pictures of John for you that haven't already been posted. :)

Absolutely Vile

You're welcome!!!  :) I can't wait to see them!!  :) :) :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/06/04 at 12:20 am

Hey Sylence...I found a good picture of John! :) He's not wearing any makeup in this one, unfortunately, but I think he looks good anyway. Enjoy! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Lanie on 06/06/04 at 2:22 am

Thank you!!!!! That's one of my favorite pictures!!!!!  :-*  :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/06/04 at 7:06 am

http://www.khanada.net/john48.jpg

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/06/04 at 7:07 am

http://www.khanada.net/alone24.jpg

Written By: Lanie on 06/06/04 at 7:22 pm

Thanks for sharing the yummy pics of John,JTH!!!  :) ;D :D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/07/04 at 10:35 am

Any time.  ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/07/04 at 4:02 pm

http://www.khanada.net/arcadiapromo.jpg

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/08/04 at 9:45 am

Ditto!  :-* :-* :-*

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/08/04 at 11:18 am

And now for something completely different...

A PICTURE OF ULTRAVOX!!! ;D

http://www.music-autographs.com/images/stuff/wallpaper/ultravox_800x600.jpg

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/08/04 at 1:40 pm

Oh My GAWD!!!!!!!!

(Wiping drool off my face and keyboard)

Thank you Sylence!!!!! I haven't looked at this page in a bit but I am glad I did now!!!!! I love those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick in the Arcadia era is one of my favorites!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Rio

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/08/04 at 1:59 pm

I think the bigger the hair and more glam the make up the better. :-*

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/08/04 at 2:36 pm

And now for something completely different...

A PICTURE OF ULTRAVOX!!! ;D

http://www.music-autographs.com/images/stuff/wallpaper/ultravox_800x600.jpg

Absolutely Vile

Thats a great pic Vile!

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/08/04 at 4:20 pm

Thats a great pic Vile!

Rio

Thanks. It's a bit squished because it's been scaled down from desktop size. And I wanted to put someone else up for a switch. :) I don't know if they're wearing makeup because it's black and white, but one looks like he is and that's why I posted it (the one on the far right - Warren. See the other photo I posted before.) :)

Guess what's on my desktop now! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/08/04 at 4:47 pm

Oh My GAWD!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Rio

Your welcome.

Written By: Lanie on 06/08/04 at 4:49 pm

Oh My GAWD!!!!!!!!

(Wiping drool off my face and keyboard)

Thank you Sylence!!!!! I haven't looked at this page in a bit but I am glad I did now!!!!! I love those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Rio

You're very welcome,Rio!!  :) :)

Written By: moonbaby345 on 06/09/04 at 6:26 pm

Bret Michaels

Written By: kimbr85 on 06/12/04 at 2:17 am

BOY GEORGE!!!!

He set the precedent....there had been boys before him to wear makeup...but he brought it to the forefront and made it a popular thing.

Written By: cheryl on 06/13/04 at 1:03 pm

Boy george was my fav for a long time. Then I got into rock & I have to say the boys of Kiss & Alice Cooper. I actually walked around with alice cooper makeup on & in the early 80's my cousin had the famous kiss makeup set & we had a ball with that. In jr high, i went as gene simmons for halloween & I got pretty good at doing his makeup & hair.    ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/13/04 at 1:23 pm

BOY GEORGE!!!!

He set the precedent....there had been boys before him to wear makeup...but he brought it to the forefront and made it a popular thing.

No no no....

It was David Bowie back in 1972 when he had his Ziggy Stardust persona who brought the whole men wearing makeup and gender-bending to the forefront. That was the birth of Glam. Since then, bands like T. Rex, Roxy Music, and Gary Glitter began to follow suit. After that, in the late 70's - early 80's, came the birth of the New Wave/New Romantic movement. That's when you had groups like Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, Japan, Duran Duran, and...yes...Culture Club. They continued the trend. But it was Mr. Bowie who started it all...and gained a lot of controversy for it as well!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 06/13/04 at 1:51 pm

No no no....

It was David Bowie back in 1972 when he had his Ziggy Stardust persona who brought the whole men wearing makeup and gender-bending to the forefront. That was the birth of Glam. Since then, bands like T. Rex, Roxy Music, and Gary Glitter began to follow suit. After that, in the late 70's - early 80's, came the birth of the New Wave/New Romantic movement. That's when you had groups like Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, Japan, Duran Duran, and...yes...Culture Club. They continued the trend. But it was Mr. Bowie who started it all...and gained a lot of controversy for it as well!

Yes I agree, along with the Aladdin Sane persona. However, I think Boy George is such a personality, I could never dismiss this guy.

Written By: Hairspray on 06/13/04 at 3:46 pm

It is accurate to say that Boy George brought it back to the forefront in the 1980's.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/13/04 at 5:01 pm

It is accurate to say that Boy George brought it back to the forefront in the 1980's.

What about groups like Duran Duran and The Human League? Nick Rhodes and Phil Oakey were wearing makeup before Boy George! Remember, Culture Club didn't emerge 'til 1982. Duran Duran and The Human League were both 1980-81!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Hairspray on 06/13/04 at 10:51 pm

What about groups like Duran Duran and The Human League? Nick Rhodes and Phil Oakey were wearing makeup before Boy George! Remember, Culture Club didn't emerge 'til 1982. Duran Duran and The Human League were both 1980-81!

Absolutely Vile

In my humble opinion, there's a difference in the way they all presented themselves. Boy George clearly set-out to make more than just a fashion statement of slight rebellion. First impressions can be definitive. He set out to cause controversy by attempting to make one guess his gender, initially. ;) That is why, IMO, he stands-out as the main performer to have brought it out in the open in the 1980's. Through the magic of MTV, it was ever so much more prominent. I still remember to this day when kids would see Duran Duran, they would be immersed in the beauty of their videos - knowing these were men; whereas, with Boy George's videos, they were preoccupied trying to figure out if the performer was a guy or a girl. I think, ultimately, that's where the distinction lies.

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 9:56 pm

How about Pete Burns? ;D

http://www.deadoralive.net/news/007.jpg

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/20/06 at 6:10 pm

Robert Smith looks great w/ makeup! I thought he looked good in The Lovecats video! :)

I have a photo of the front and back of Peter Schilling's 1984 album 120 Grad- and on the back photo- it looks like he's been slapped with 2-3 lbs of makeup and if it is makeup- it looks BAD on him: http://photobucket.com/albums/b359/AbsolutelyFabulousFan/?action=view&current=120Grad.jpg

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/20/06 at 6:16 pm

Pete Burns's forays into plastic surgery:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/006483.html

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000253.html

Written By: whistledog on 03/20/06 at 6:31 pm

Pete Burns's forays into plastic surgery:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/006483.html

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000253.html

He looked much better in the 80's.  He sure went crazy with the lip injections ;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/20/06 at 9:10 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Carl on 03/21/06 at 12:54 pm

Dee Snyder, least we not forget
Prince wore also I believe

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/21/06 at 2:31 pm

Dee Snyder, least we not forget
Prince wore also I believe

forgot about Dee there for a minute...

Written By: Carl on 03/21/06 at 2:42 pm

What about some of the members of Morris Day's group The Time?

Written By: Delilah on 03/22/06 at 7:30 am

Pete Burns was so pretty back then...why would he get surgery to make him ugly???  There's also been rumors going around that Simon and John from Duran Duran recently got plastic surgery.  If this is so, then this is another classic example of already good looking guys getting surgery they don't need.  If anyone needs to get plastic surgery DESPERATELY, it's Nick Rhodes.  HE needs to correct that enormous honker at the tip of his face, his bad thinning hair, those enormous fish lips and his height!!

Written By: JoSi DD Girl on 03/22/06 at 12:38 pm

Pete Burns was so pretty back then...why would he get surgery to make him ugly???  There's also been rumors going around that Simon and John from Duran Duran recently got plastic surgery.  If this is so, then this is another classic example of already good looking guys getting surgery they don't need.  If anyone needs to get plastic surgery DESPERATELY, it's Nick Rhodes.  HE needs to correct that enormous honker at the tip of his face, his bad thinning hair, those enormous fish lips and his height!!

??? Erm.....a tad harsh there, girl... ::)...but oh-so-very true!!

Nick should really think in terms of spending some of his millions on maybe fixing his many physical imperfections!

:-* 8) John and Simon, on the other hand, are perfect in every way!

Written By: Delilah on 03/22/06 at 3:25 pm

;)Couldn't have said it better myself, sweetie!!  **smooch**

Simon and John are the most important eliment of Duran duran!!  The other guys are just window dressing!!!

BTW....did you happen to know that Si and John are the only TALL members of DD and the other guys are all SHRIMPS???!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Subject: YIKES!!!!!

Written By: JoSi DD Girl on 03/22/06 at 3:28 pm

:D  What is this world coming to????  ???  Nick has the worst end of it, though, because he's drastically ugly on top of only being about....2'3'' or so.....he has bad hair, no woman will ever go out with him and he's got a huge nose!!!

Written By: Kiki on 07/03/06 at 6:04 pm

Nick Rhodes is still with Duran Duran?!?!  I figured they had gotten rid of that little troll by now!

Written By: MewMewkara on 08/18/06 at 8:08 pm

John Taylor is my favorite. He's so hot.  :-* http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/love7.gif

Written By: MewMewkara on 08/18/06 at 8:51 pm

Whoops, I forgot to post my pictures

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/SteelAngel_05/johnc.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/SteelAngel_05/john007.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/06 at 9:47 pm

I wore make up in the '80s.  Not in the Pete Burns tranny fashion, more in the Robert Smith pre-Goth fashion.  It was a strategy against the rednecks.  I figured if I was a little weird they'd keep hassling me, but if I went over-the-top weird, they'd get a kinda freaked out and back off.  Had varying degrees of success with that. Of course, they still rattled by intheir souped-up Monte Carlos and yelled "Hey f*ggot!"  They did that before I wore black lipstick and goth assemblages for second-hand boutiques in Cambridge.  It didn't seem to matter that I wasn't gay. They were gonna say it anyway!
8)

I never called myself a punk or a goth (the term goth was barely in currency then).  I just said it was "a statement of my individuality and belief in personal freedom."  A few years later, Nicholas Cage's "Sailor" character said that very thing about his snakeskin jacket in the Lynch movie "Wild A Heart."  I never had a snake skin jacket, but I did have a respectable black trenchcoat, but I never really looked good in anything!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...