inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need the name of this tune

Written By: DrWizard on 04/23/04 at 8:58 pm

It appears in the fab sci-fi movie The Hidden. The singer is a girl, Nina Hagen's voice style. This song appears when the mature man with this alien inside steals the Ferrari just after killing the new owner and his car dealer.

Anyone could help me out?

Subject: Re: Need the name of this tune

Written By: Rush on 04/23/04 at 9:48 pm

I haven't seen the film in a long time but here are three songs from the soundtrack:
“On your Feet” from Shock Paris, “Weapons of Love” from The Truth and “Still in Hollywood” by Concrete Blonde. 

My guess would be on Concrete Blonde.

Written By: DrWizard on 04/24/04 at 4:27 am

Thanks for the reply Rush, but it's not the tune I'm talking about.  :(

Concrete Blonde sounds rock music, even punk music, whereas this one sounds more kitsch-pop (don't know another way to define it LOL). The other songs you mentioned have men as lead singers.

Don't you have the movie just to check it out?

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/26/04 at 8:03 am

I have the movie recorded somewhere I'll check it out in the next week and see what I can come up with for you.

Written By: DrWizard on 04/26/04 at 10:05 am

Thanks Rubixgirl, I have the movie too, but it's in VHS and in a very poor condition after more than 15 years, so I can't read the tiny distorted letters of many songs that appear during the final credits. :-\

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/06/06 at 10:11 am

never heard of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...