inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Funny Ebay..

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/26/04 at 10:58 pm

This isnt really 80's related but I wanted you all to see this..it is so funny  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4146756343

Subject: Re: Funny Ebay..

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 8:32 am

That is pretty funny. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 1:48 pm

I'm surprised my sister didn't send me a copy of this. She usually sends me a link to anything outrageous, unusual or funny on e-bay.

Cat

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 2:43 pm

hehe  :D

SmithsGirl

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 8:28 pm

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! This guy is POPULAR!!! As of this moment, the wedding dress listing has had over a million hits! All I can say is, WOW!! That's more hits than any other eBayer (including me) could hope for!!! I wish him luck (not that he needs it) and I'll miss the listing once it's over! The end result will be interesting to say the least!!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/28/04 at 9:26 am

Now it's over 2 million hits!  And he started it at 1 dollar and its up to 23,000!!  Holy cow!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/28/04 at 9:59 am

Now it's over 2 million hits!  And he started it at 1 dollar and its up to 23,000!!  Holy cow!

It was up to almost $100,000,000 at some point last night, but it's been fluctuating ever since. eBay has stepped in and started cancelling the joke bids. Now the dress is at a modest...$25,000, or thereabouts. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 12:34 pm

That is still amazing.  :o

It was up to almost $100,000,000 at some point last night, but it's been fluctuating ever since. eBay has stepped in and started cancelling the joke bids. Now the dress is at a modest...$25,000, or thereabouts. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/28/04 at 1:45 pm

This guys going to be on the TODAY show now!  And a few radio stations...this is so funny.  All because he was funny guy.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 1:47 pm

That's great!  Thanks, JennParkandKyan

Written By: gamblefish on 04/28/04 at 3:29 pm

Too funny!!

Now it's at $15,000 with almost 5 million hits...

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/28/04 at 3:37 pm

Too funny!!

Now it's at $15,000 with almost 5 million hits...

Yeah, the price has dropped considerably since eBay stepped in and cancelled all the joke bids. But still, the guy's a celebrity!! Every eBay seller is going to want to be like him! I don't think selling on eBay will be quite the same. We'll see!

Not bad for a guy who just wanted to get rid of his ex's wedding dress for baseball tickets and beer! Unfortunately for him, though, he IS known now, so everyone will know what the guy in the dress looks like! I think he wanted to remain anonymous!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/28/04 at 3:39 pm

5,003,225 hits and counting!!! Oh, and he's going to have his own website soon: www.theebayweddingdressguy.com

It's not up yet, but keep looking! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 4:01 pm

Simply amazing.  :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/28/04 at 5:44 pm

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!

The final price is $3,850 (unless eBay haven't finished sorting through the joke bids yet), and it's had 5,813,829 hits and counting. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/04 at 8:59 pm

I have to wonder if this is a scam like the beanie baby thing a few years ago.... go had a bunch of counterfeit beanies and posted an auction with a funny description about selling off his wife's collection and that he had no idea what it was, he just wanted to get rid of it.  Turns out later the rare beanies were junk, and his wife knew all along about the auction, it was just a lot he picked up at a yard sale.

Written By: sttev on 11/11/04 at 10:34 am

Saw this on ebay...

Is spider man 80's?? Well apparently this is spiderman artwork for one of the films.. probably didnt make it to press though  ;D
Does he normally do that??

check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3852348126

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/04 at 8:58 pm

Darn.... available only to the UK!  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...