inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Survivor

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 1:30 pm

I like them ALL but "The Search Is Over" is my favorite  ;)

Subject: Re: Survivor

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 1:32 pm

I'm a softie for those ballads. I chose the Search is Over.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 1:32 pm

Have to agree with you there. I do like Eye of the Tiger but it did get OVER PLAYED and OVER PLAYED and OVER PLAYED!!!

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 1:39 pm

Have to agree with you there. I do like Eye of the Tiger but it did get OVER PLAYED and OVER PLAYED and OVER PLAYED!!!

Cat
It sure did :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/27/04 at 1:42 pm

You've gotta stop picking the songs that I pick!  (j/k) ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 1:44 pm

You've gotta stop picking the songs that I pick!  (j/k) ;D
Maybe we should start a radio station together :)

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/27/04 at 2:30 pm

The Search is Over.  I saw them many years ago, '82 I think, when they opened for Pat Benatar.  They were awesome!

Written By: Fallen Angel on 04/27/04 at 2:31 pm

The Search Is Over

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 2:33 pm

I guess we're all softies for the ballad. :)

I'm a softie for those ballads. I chose the Search is Over.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 2:38 pm

I chose "eye of the tiger" *snicker*

I totally agree about it being played to death however I did a dance routine to that song so for me its memories  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: woops on 04/27/04 at 4:49 pm

"Eye of the Tiger"  8)

"Burning Heart" second

Written By: Cheetara on 04/27/04 at 5:04 pm

Eye of the Tiger

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 10:50 am

It's always amazed me just how much both lead singers sounded so much alike.

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 05/26/04 at 4:25 pm

"The Search Is Over"

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/26/04 at 8:47 pm

Burning Heart is probably my fav on the list.  My overall fav probably is Is This Love.

The only one I hear overplayed, basically every day, is High On You.  The other songs I never hear anymore.

Written By: Lanie on 05/26/04 at 9:52 pm

"The Search Is Over"

Written By: Hairspray on 05/27/04 at 12:23 am

The only one I hear overplayed, basically every day, is High On You.  The other songs I never hear anymore.

With me it is the opposite - I hear the others played regularly on 80's request shows but hardly ever hear High On You. It also happens to be my fave. :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/27/04 at 7:32 am

All of them

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/27/04 at 9:41 am

The search is over

Written By: Tbullsr on 05/27/04 at 11:41 am

Eye of the Tiger. I was just listening to it.

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/04 at 11:59 am

THE EYE OF THE TIGER
Yo, Adrian!!!

Written By: DJ on 05/27/04 at 9:55 pm

I like all of their songs.  I have seen them in concert and they are great!  You can actually hear the vocals; they're not drowned out by the music being too loud.  Also, they actually sound like they do on their recordings.  Some music is so doctored up that when they go live it sounds nothing like the recordings.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/04 at 11:53 am

I like all of their songs.  I have seen them in concert and they are great!  You can actually hear the vocals; they're not drowned out by the music being too loud.  Also, they actually sound like they do on their recordings.  Some music is so doctored up that when they go live it sounds nothing like the recordings.
Was the lead singer the original "Eye Of The Tiger" guy...Frankie Sullivan, or "The Search Is Over" one...Jimmi ???

Written By: Climber on 05/28/04 at 9:12 pm

Was the lead singer the original "Eye Of The Tiger" guy...Frankie Sullivan, or "The Search Is Over" one...Jimmi ???

Dave Bickler was the original lead singer.  Jimi came on board for the Vital Signs album.  Jimi is the one I've seen in concert several times.  I'like to go again if they ever come back here.

Climber/DJ

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/04 at 10:24 pm

Dave Bickler was the original lead singer.  Jimi came on board for the Vital Signs album.  Jimi is the one I've seen in concert several times.  I'like to go again if they ever come back here.

Climber/DJ
Thanks Climber ;) So who is Frankie Sullivan?.....and I call myself "RockandRollFan"  ::)

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 05/29/04 at 1:02 am

Climber/DJ

I read an article that said Bickler sang those radio jingles for the Bud Light salutes "Real Men of Genius", most of which are pretty funny.  As for the song poll, I would have to go with "Poor Man's Son", which never got the play it deserved.

Written By: Climber on 05/29/04 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Climber ;) So who is Frankie Sullivan?.....and I call myself "RockandRollFan"  ::)

Hey, I'm a rock and roll fan, but I don't know a whole lot about many bands.  I know about this one because they were my favorite band thru jr & high school.  THey're still in my top ten right now.
Frankie Sullivan is the lead guitarist.  He formed the band with the keyboardist Jim Peterik (I forget what year).  They write or co-write most of the songs together.  Jimi Jamison also worte or co-wrote some of the songs after the Vital Signs album.

Written By: Climber on 05/29/04 at 12:10 pm

I read an article that said Bickler sang those radio jingles for the Bud Light salutes "Real Men of Genius", most of which are pretty funny.  As for the song poll, I would have to go with "Poor Man's Son", which never got the play it deserved.

I hadn't heard that about the radio jingles, but I'm not surprised; it does sound like him.  Jimi Jamison also did some commercials.  We have a skiing area in our state that he did the jingle for a few years back.  He also did the opening song for Bay Watch, unfortunately.

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/21/04 at 2:32 pm

"Rise Of The Pfizer"

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/survivor20.shtml

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/21/04 at 11:37 pm

eye of the tiger :)

Written By: Alice on 09/22/04 at 5:54 am

Having heard just two songs of theirs, "Eye Of The Tiger" (1982) and "Burning Heart" (1986), I go for the first as it simply rocks! I like its splendid intro very much. I don't mind it being over played at all.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/22/04 at 7:47 am

Eye Of The Tiger

Written By: mandamoo on 09/22/04 at 8:10 am

Another one for Eye Of The Tiger

Written By: Doc Brown on 09/22/04 at 6:56 pm

Are you guys aware that that really IS Survivor playing on that Starbucks commercial? They follow a guy to work as he's drinking a single-serve can of SB's iced coffee, psyching him up with a doctored-lyrics version of "Eye Of The Tiger", then they switch to another guy with an SB can in the elevator. That's my favorite of their songs too, but I sound better singing my 2nd favorite, "The Search Is Over". Just thought I'd share that one for some laughs!

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Whisper on 09/22/04 at 7:08 pm

The Search Is Over

Written By: whistledog on 10/06/05 at 10:13 pm

Survivor had 18 chart hits.  It's hard to choose just one, but it can be done:

Is This Love from their 1986 album When Seconds Count.  It was their 14th hit, their 8th top 40 hit, and the last top 40 hit they would have.  It's such a fun happy song.  I just love it so much :)

Check for new replies or respond here...