inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop Of Horrors"

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 5:18 pm

Sorry 2 keep popping up like this, but I just love being able to communicate via-computer!

This is such a fun place!

Anyway, have u guys ever seen these movies:

"Fright Night", "Deadly Friend", "A Chorus Line" and "Little Shop Of Horrors"?

These r such underrated films, and I watched them almost everyday.

Movies like "Friday The 13th", "The Lost Boys" and "Dirty Dancing" are all among my favorites, but these other movies were really great too, in my opinion, and weren't as big.

Subject: Re: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop Of Horrors"

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 7:15 pm

"Fright Night", "A Chorus Line" and "Little Shop Of Horrors"?

These r such underrated films, and I watched them almost everyday.

How are these movies underated? Most of them are now cult classics. Especially Little Shop of Horrors. It has a fan base around the world. Even to go as far as dressing up as one of the characters and going to the theater to 'participate' in the movie.

SmithsGirl

Subject: Re: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop Of Horror

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 7:33 pm

How are these movies underated? Most of them are now cult classics. Especially Little Shop of Horrors. It has a fan base around the world. Even to go as far as dressing up as one of the characters and going to the theater to 'participate' in the movie.

SmithsGirl

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is famous for people dressing up and participating in screenings of it. It's one of those "You haven't lived until..." things. Unfortunately, I haven't lived. :( I've seen the film, but only in the comforts of home.

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Re: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop Of Horror

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 7:39 pm

SmithsGirl

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is famous for people dressing up and participating in screenings of it. It's one of those "You haven't lived until..." things. Unfortunately, I haven't lived. :( I've seen the film, but only in the comforts of home.

Absolutely Vile

Yep that movie as well Vile,although "Heather' had not mentioned that movie. I would LOVE to attend the one on Rocky Horror picture show. That would be awesome. They hold both movies to participate in here in Toronto all the time, as well as LOTR and Star Wars (just to dress up though), but nobody would ever come with me..they would think I was nuts...I think it would be a blast!  ;D

SmithsGirl

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 7:47 pm

I would LOVE to attend the one on Rocky Horror picture show. That would be awesome. They hold both movies to participate in here in Toronto all the time, as well as LOTR and Star Wars (just to dress up though), but nobody would ever come with me..they would think I was nuts...I think it would be a blast!  ;D

SmithsGirl

I'd love to see a screening of Rocky... but they hardly ever have them here! (If they did, I would hope a friend of mine who's "a regular Frankie fan" would tell me!) I know they have them in Toronto, so that might be my only hope.

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Re: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop Of Horrors"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 8:09 pm

I LOVE RHPS. Saw it many times (but didn't dress up  :-[) The local college did the play a couple of years ago and yes, we went and yelled at the actors on stage-but I did get up to do the Time Warp.  ;D

As for the other movies mentioned:

I'm sure I have seen "Fright Night" but don't remember it. A Chorus Line I thought sucked only because I saw the play on Broadway and the movie just didn't cut it for me. As for LSOH, I don't think I have ever seen the orginal with Jack Nickelson as the patient but I have seen the one with Rick Moranis. The BEST part of the movie was Steve Martin singing "The Dentist Song" (Bill Murray played the part Jack did in the orginal).

Cat

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 9:28 pm

Sadly, I haven't seen "Rocky Horror" yet, but I would like to, b/c my friend have told me about it.  I also love that song "Time Warp"!

"Fright Night" has got 2 b one of the scariest films ever!

Especially these two scenes:

1.  This character, Evil Ed, is turned into a vampire, and he attacks one of the vampire killers played by the late great Roddy McDowell and is stabbed to death.  He then progressively turns back into a human then dies, which is actually very sad.  But the special effects during the "transformation" are pretty cool.

2.  And the vampire's "friend"is stabbed by Charley, and starts to deteriorate before out eyes.

"Deadly Friend" is one scary movie, but there is one scene that always kept me up at night:

The menacing old lady is visited by Sam, shortly after she is ressurected by Paul,and she throws a basketball at her face, and the old lady's head explodes!!!  BOOSH!!!!  Complete w/ blood splattering all over the place, and she walks around headless for a few seconds, until she finally collapses.  (I've been hit in the face w/ a basketball, and the worst that happened was that I almost recieved a broken nose!)

I personally felt that the stage production of "Chorus Line" was more exciting than the film, but I also loved the film.  And "Little Shop Of Horrors" is one of my faves!

I think some of the best stuff to come out are often underrated by the press, but adored and worshipped by fans.

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 8:33 am

Fright Night...loved it! Here's a link to what the movie is about, b/c I think someone said they couldn't remember if they'd seen it or not...http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089175/

RHPS...I would love to "experience" that movie. I've only watched it at home, along w/ all the specials they did for it.

Deadly Friend...was really good. The basketball scene was incredibly gross, but that's what you gotta love about that movie. Sad ending though.

LSOH...didn't see the orginal, but the one Rick Moranis was great! The Dentist Song was hilarious!! I also like the song Suddenly Seymour (she goes from soft and wispy voice to strong and resonanat)

Chorus Line...I did enjoy the movie. But I could tell when I watched it the actual production of it would be alot better.

Written By: Heather on 04/28/04 at 11:15 am

Ya' know what my fave song from "A Chorus Line" is?  Believe it or not...."T*** & A**"!  My mommy thinks that it's wrong 4 me 2 love that song so much b/c she knows how I feel about that sort of stuff, and she, too, has objections 2 it......but that song is just so funny.  When I went 2 see the show on Broadway, I don't seem 2 remember that song in it.....I think it was just "Dance:10, Looks:3" or something.  I doubt that they used "T&A" on B'Way, b/c I remember there being a ton of kids in the audience.

I have yet 2 see "LSOH" on B'Way, b/c I have GOT 2 see all the special effects and stuff, and just to experience in live.  BTW, "LSOH" is back on B'Way!  So happy!

Subject: Re: "Fright Night"/"Deadly Friend"/"A Chorus Line"/"Little Shop O

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/04 at 12:51 pm

Ya' know what my fave song from "A Chorus Line" is?  Believe it or not...."T*** & A**"!  My mommy thinks that it's wrong 4 me 2 love that song so much b/c she knows how I feel about that sort of stuff, and she, too, has objections 2 it......but that song is just so funny.  When I went 2 see the show on Broadway, I don't seem 2 remember that song in it.....I think it was just "Dance:10, Looks:3" or something.  I doubt that they used "T&A" on B'Way, b/c I remember there being a ton of kids in the audience.

I have yet 2 see "LSOH" on B'Way, b/c I have GOT 2 see all the special effects and stuff, and just to experience in live.  BTW, "LSOH" is back on B'Way!  So happy!

That is funny because my mother was the one who INTRODUCED me to that song. She had the soundtrack. When I saw it on Broadway, they did do that song.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/09/04 at 3:49 pm

I have seen Fright Night (many, many times), A Chorus Line, and Little Shop of Horrors (many, many times as well).

I can't recall Deadly Friend. Most likely I did see it. It's not popping in my head right now.

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/09/04 at 3:51 pm

Absolutely Vile

I've seen the movie many times and participated as a guest in a theater production of it. I dressed up (b/c it was halloween) as a slut-angel with wings. Best time ever!

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...