inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Duran Duran "Greatest Hits" DVD!

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 5:29 pm

Another thing........did any of u........especially Rio Rhodes, Absolutely Vile and all other Duranies........get the "Greatest Hits" DVD by Duran Duran?!

I bought it a few months ago, and once u get past the "Easter Eggs", boy is it worth it!

Esp. "Liberty"!

Subject: Re: Duran Duran "Greatest Hits" DVD!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/27/04 at 7:07 pm

I haven't got the DVD, and if it weren't for the Easter Eggs, I probably wouldn't even be considering it. I'm still not sure if I want it or not.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 8:54 am

I am very behind on my DVD collection, but that is one of the first ones I want to get.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/28/04 at 11:23 am

I just have it on VHS right now. I'm in no rush at the moment to get the DVD.

Rio

Written By: Heather on 04/28/04 at 11:30 am

Rio, the DVD is alot better than the VHS casset, b/c it has a ton of bonus features, including a "Day in the Life" featurette, an interview w/ Nick & Simon about the making of "7 & the Ragged Tiger"(totally worth it just 2 see Nick wiggle his eyebrows and saying, "There goes the telly-phone!"), an interview w/ Andy, Roger and Si about the making of "Wild Boys" (didn't much care 4 this one, b/d Nick & JT weren't there) and a few alternate versions of "New Moon On Monday", "Girls On Film", "Union of the Snake" and "Planet Earth"....oh, and there's a short interview of Andy and JT talking about "View To A Kill".  That's all on Disc #1.

On Disc #2, there's a special segment where they talk about the making of the "Liberty" album.  This is my personal fave, b/c Nick and JT looks superb during the interviews.

These are hidden "Easter Eggs", which I have to look at again, but I will get back 2 u real soon to help u out!

Written By: Cheetara on 04/28/04 at 12:18 pm

Right now, I'm debating to get the DVD or not.  I love Duran Duran...don't get me wrong.  I just haven't decided yet. :-\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 1:15 pm

I will probably be getting it soon...I don't have much of a music DVD collection....I have a grand total of ONE....Led Zepplin, that I recieved last Christmas

Written By: dcs84 on 10/22/04 at 2:29 am

I bought this a while ago and agree that it is one of the best dvd music promo compilations of a single band.  I have always loved the "New Moon on Monday" video, the dvd has something like five versions of this song including one that goes on for about seventeen minutes, it's just amazing the costumes, the location shots, and that 80's european new wave feel, I don't know about anyone else, but didn't Europe just glow in the 80's.  Europe suited the 80's and the 80's suited Europe like a 'hand in glove'.

Written By: Hairspray on 10/30/04 at 8:11 am

It's an eggsellent addition to any Duran Duran collection. 8)

Written By: ladylebon on 10/30/04 at 4:27 pm

Hi im a newbie on here and i just wanted to say Hi*waves* and that i agree about the greatest dvd, its fab :)

Written By: Alice on 10/30/04 at 4:48 pm

I think any video DVD or VHS Duran Duran release is worth having as they are one of the groups with some of the best videos ever made. My favourites are: "Planet Earth" (1981), "Girls On Film" (1981), "Rio" (1982), "Union Of The Snake" (1983), "The Reflex" (1984), "The Wild Boys" (1984), "A View To A Kill" (1985) and "Ordinary World" (1993).

Check for new replies or respond here...