inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Little Mermaid" and "Roger Rabbit"-subliminal messages?!

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 6:20 pm

I remember going to see "Roger Rabbit" and "Little Mermaid" with my little cousin back in '88 and '89.  And I have to admit to loving both of these movies.  But, about ten years ago, there was this scandal going around that there was a nude scene in "Roger Rabbit", and some other selatious stuff.  However, I did catch a glimpse of Jessica's Rabbit's, erm...."special place" after she and Valiant were thrown from the car.  I don't fancy girls, but I had to see it out of shear curiosity.  I was pretty shocked!  But there were some other stuff mentioned in the movie, such as Donald calling Daffy a "n*****" at the beginning of the film, a phone-sex number, people getting muredered on a train in Toon Town, and a naked reflection of Jessica Rabbit when she's singing in the club.

Also, there have been some talk about a priest with a "boner" in the "Little Mermaid", as well as a "penis" in the castle!  I have to say when Ariel got her legs, and she was stnding up, I was a little stammered to see that she was completely naked from the waist down.  You couldn't really see anything, but you almost did.  But the "Boner" and the "Wee-Wee".

Subject: Re: "The Little Mermaid" and "Roger Rabbit"-subliminal messages?!

Written By: berkley98 on 04/27/04 at 7:14 pm

If you go to www.snopes.com you can search the movies and find out about the ones you mentioned as well as others.

berk

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 7:21 pm

Great link Berk  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: Heather on 04/27/04 at 9:17 pm

Truly disturbing!  And we always think in terms of Disney films as being wholesome family entertainment!

For the record, I can sort of remember the "nude lady" picture in "The Rescuers", and as a little kid in the theaters, it kind of shocked me.  And, I just watched that one scene in "Aladdin", the "good teenagers take off their clothes" scene in the balcony, and it was actually, "good kitty, take off and go" or something.  And I cannot believe that the "phallic" thingy in the castle escaped me all these years!  YIPES!!!  And the priest's "boner"!

All I can say is......WEIRD!!!!

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 8:40 am

I have a copy of the Little Mermaid before they edited the other copies and the "boner" could also be construed as a knee (if you were a kid w/ an innocent mind) b/c he is moving when it appears for about a second. There is also a penis in the castle in some of the posters of The Little Mermaid. But they were quickly pulled...I have the poster.

I don't remember the naked women in the Rescuers.

Written By: Heather on 04/28/04 at 11:40 am

It's 4 a very split second, but the producer, I think, took that scene out.  They gave a reason why that picture was there on Snopes.com, but it isn't very clear.

BTW, Snopes.com is a pretty intersting site.  Go check it out!

Written By: becca on 08/31/04 at 3:12 pm

y do u make such a big deal about it its just a stupid thing that the writers added in for laughs personaly i think its kinda funny too  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 3:23 pm

I think Snopes exaggerate a lot but is quite funny somehow.  ;D

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/04 at 7:22 pm

Animation artists work very, very hard drawing those thousands upon thousands of cells.  I don't begrudge them for getting their kicks by slipping a couple of dirty ones in now and again.
8)

Written By: Hairspray on 08/31/04 at 11:28 pm

I don't begrudge them for getting their kicks by slipping a couple of dirty ones in now and again.

Well I do.  >:(  No one has the right to expose children to any of it. Children's entertainment should be clean and innocent. If they want to get their kicks, they should move on to adult oriented entertainment or get a life. Nothing personal, Max

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 6:36 pm

If you go to www.snopes.com you can search the movies and find out about the ones you mentioned as well as others.

berk

Snopes... good site, good site.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/08/04 at 7:27 pm

Yeah right! And Elmer Fudd looks like a walking wee-wee. ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 7:31 pm

Yeah right! And Elmer Fudd looks like a walking wee-wee. ::)

;D That was very funny IG.

Howard

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/08/04 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, Howard.  :)

;D That was very funny IG.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 7:48 pm

Thanks, Howard.  :)

You're welcome. ;)

Howard

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/13/04 at 4:40 pm

There is no such thing as a subliminal message.    

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 7:46 pm

There is no such thing as a subliminal message.    

I can't even read what it's saying? ???

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/13/04 at 8:44 pm

I can't even read what it's saying? ???
Howard

Me either but its saying "  There is no such thing as a subliminal message.  "

Written By: Mayleneo on 09/13/04 at 9:06 pm

Well I do.  >:(  No one has the right to expose children to any of it. Children's entertainment should be clean and innocent. If they want to get their kicks, they should move on to adult oriented entertainment or get a life. Nothing personal, Max

Nothing personal also :D, but i gotta take up for Max here...the thing is that i bet you money that not little kid was the one that wass like...hey look at that penis in the castle..or oh my god that priest knee looks like a boner....so the whole thing about ..."exposing the kids" doesnt wash......because  its adults that are going out of their way to notice stuff like that....and if an eight year old is noticing the "penis in the castle" then clearly they were exposed to something long long beore they got a hold of a disney tape:)

Just my retarded two cents:)

Written By: DaChazman on 09/14/04 at 4:42 pm

There's a lot of subliminal things in disney movies and other stuff. In The Lion King, The stars in one scene spell out the work sex. In a book (the ones with pictures of characters and you need to press one to make a sound) sound like one of the characters was saying 'Squashed Bananas Up His Arse".

About The Rescurers one, that one is true. just look on snopes.com and see for yourself.

Written By: Avonne Waddell on 02/14/05 at 4:36 pm

Ok, folks. I've done a little bit of research on the subliminal messages. The scene from "Alladin" Wasn't supposed to be heard as "Good teenagers take off your clothes". It was really "Good kitty, take off and go." The scene from "The Lion King" when the dust spelled out S-E-X was said to be just dust (even though I don't believe it) and on the Little Mermaid, it was just plain artwork. I know you have all heard this, but if you haven't there you go!

Written By: Skippy on 02/14/05 at 5:46 pm

Probably better than 90% of these claims are brought by greedy nitwits filing frivolous lawsuits hoping to cash in on megabucks, with the help and encouragment of unscrupulous, unethical lawers of course.

Written By: Dreidan on 08/01/09 at 10:34 pm

you are totally wrong i own the original roger rabbit...........  leave it be and get a fin life and daffy and donald are not at the begining of the film its almot half way though and he does NOT say N*****!!!!!!!!!!!! your all wrong fricken losers... im watchin roger rabbit right this second and didnt see a dam thing you said!!!!! lmao you only see what u wanna see...

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/02/09 at 11:05 pm

Dreidan, none of these things can be seen unless you have nothing better to do in your life than watch these DVDs on Super-Slo-Mo. OTOH, if you turn on the subtitles for Roger Rabbit, you will see that the only N-word Donald calls Daffy is "Nitwit". If you don't believe me, snopes.com has the proof.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: karen on 08/03/09 at 7:07 pm

Ok, folks. I've done a little bit of research on the subliminal messages. The scene from "Alladin" Wasn't supposed to be heard as "Good teenagers take off your clothes". It was really "Good kitty, take off and go." The scene from "The Lion King" when the dust spelled out S-E-X was said to be just dust (even though I don't believe it) and on the Little Mermaid, it was just plain artwork. I know you have all heard this, but if you haven't there you go!

It actually says SFX (for special effects)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/23 at 6:26 am

I have seen advertised in London the release of the new remake (live action) of "The Little Mermaid", and I wonder will there still be subliminal messages contained within?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/23/23 at 12:01 pm

This was a popular book in 1974 when subliminal messaging was all the rage in print ads.

https://pictures.abebooks.com/isbn/9780451098870-us.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/23 at 12:51 pm

This was a popular book in 1974 when subliminal messaging was all the rage in print ads.

A long time ago, when I first moved into London, the first book I read was "The Interpretation of Dreams" by Sigmund Freud. Since the I have always been in the multi visions of an image, think of the surreal art of Salvador Dali. This here is one book I would like to read...

Written By: Howard on 05/23/23 at 3:38 pm

I am not sexually aroused by this photo.

Check for new replies or respond here...