inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nightmare on Elm Street

Written By: Cheetara on 04/28/04 at 12:19 pm

Are there any hardcore Freddy fans out there like myself???!!  Which movie was your favorite?

Mine:  Nightmare on Elm Street 3:  Dream Warriors

Subject: Re: Nightmare on Elm Street

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 12:38 pm

I consider myself a hardcore fan. I follow the sub plots and all.

My favorite is also Dream Warriors, but I do like The New Nightmare as well as a close second.

My least fave is Freddys Back:NoES 2
http://www.mediocreminds.com/03q3/misc/pcs/freddy_krueger.jpg

Are there any hardcore Freddy fans out there like myself???!!  Which movie was your favorite?

Mine:   Nightmare on Elm Street 3:  Dream Warriors

Written By: Cheetara on 04/28/04 at 12:56 pm

I thought the latest sequel Freddy vs. Jason was cool because it reminded us how Freddy (as evil as he is) always maintained a sense of humor. 

The only thing missing was a referee:  Michael Myers.  LOL haaaaaaaaaaa

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 1:38 pm

I think Freddy should take on Leatherface, PinHead and the TAll Man too...lol.

I like FVJ also, it was more humorous than the Ft13 movies. But I love Freddy's dark wit.

I also find the whole storyline of how Freddy came to be very interesting too. I like how each of the movies advances that storyline.

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/28/04 at 1:40 pm

I remember seeing a Nightmare on elm street movie in the theatres that was in 3-D.. Did it come out on VHS like that?  Did anyone else see it in 3-d :o

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 1:57 pm

I saw that one in 3-D. 8) But it was only at the tail end that it went 3-D...That was Freddy's Dead: Final Nightmare.

Written By: resinchaser on 04/28/04 at 2:33 pm

I think the original was the best one.

Written By: Cheetara on 04/28/04 at 3:07 pm

I never had a chance to see the NOES in 3-D.  They were scary enough...imagine in 3-D... Wow...  :o ;D

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/28/04 at 3:11 pm

I never had a chance to see the NOES in 3-D.  They were scary enough...imagine in 3-D... Wow...   :o ;D

Yeah, it was pretty neat for back then. It took you into Freddy's Hell/dream dimension to see how Freddy sold his soul to become immortal.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/31/04 at 12:14 pm

The original was the best one - sorry! The only other one to be considered is NOES3: Dream Warriors.

Tanya

Written By: Powerslave on 08/03/04 at 6:37 pm

"Dream Warriors" was the best of the original series, but "Freddy vs Jason" is the best slasher film ever. The cornfield massacre scene is genius.

Written By: Sentimentalist on 08/03/04 at 10:02 pm

I think the original was the best one.

I completely agree!  And to prove how tastes differ from person to person, my least favorite was #3.
God lyk!

Written By: Harmonica on 08/03/04 at 10:07 pm

Mine:   Nightmare on Elm Street 3:  Dream Warriors

Strange my favorite was part III too....I doubt for the same reasons but I really liked the unity of the group members the formation of brotherhood if you will the way they were determined to stop Freddy and kill him for good.

And how could anyone say they liked part V, it was Soooooo Stupid!

and The New Nightmare was weird because it was so serious when all the rest including part one had quite a bit of comedy in them.

I own all of the Nightmares and I enjoy them.....I like the humor in them.

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/04/04 at 8:17 am

Yeah the Nightmare series definitely had a sense of humor about them. But I thought the New Nightmare was a good flick, even though it was darker.

Written By: onaree on 08/04/04 at 9:02 am

I liked Freddy's Dead.  The 3-D part was awesome.  I even liked FvJ

Written By: Huw on 08/04/04 at 3:00 pm

Got to be the original....  :)

Huw

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 08/07/04 at 10:41 pm

I love Freddy! and I love them all but I guess my favorite would be I think it was called The Dream Child the one with Alice she has a baby.

Written By: Lanie on 08/08/04 at 12:41 pm

I love Nightmare On Elm Street!!! I guess I would have to say my favorite is Nightmare on Elm Street 3:  Dream Warriors. :)

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/20/07 at 6:27 pm

I saw A Nightmare On Elm Street two years after its release when it was on tape.  It scared the living daylights out of me at 9 years old.  I couldn't go to sleep.  i have to tell my father to leave the light on because I was afraid that Freddy was going to pull me inside the bed the same way he did Johnny Depp.  LOL

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/07 at 8:44 pm

The original is the best.

Check for new replies or respond here...