inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Journey Faves!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/29/04 at 6:34 pm

I chose "Separate Ways"...it Rocks!

Subject: Re: Journey Faves!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/29/04 at 6:36 pm

I absolutely LOVE this band!  My favorite is "Don't Stop Believin'", followed closely by "Faithfully".  8) 8) 8)

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/29/04 at 7:24 pm

Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'!  Actually, anything from this great band.  I had every album they recorded and played them until I practically wore them out.  I almost punched someone out at a party once because they spilled beer on my beloved Steve Perry!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/29/04 at 7:33 pm

Open Arms

Written By: Xcess-N-Htown on 04/29/04 at 8:08 pm

One of my favorite bands back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Saw them every time they came to Houston.

Written By: Vapor Trails on 04/29/04 at 9:25 pm

Only The Young, Girl Can't Help It, Whose Crying Now (Awesome Guitar Solo)

Written By: AL-B on 04/29/04 at 9:38 pm

"Stone In Love," "Feelin' That Way/Anytime"

Written By: NbC on 04/30/04 at 5:17 am

Other:

In A Lifetime

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/30/04 at 7:23 am

Who's Cryin' Now

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/04 at 8:17 am

I went with Seperate Ways. I really can't listen to Faithfully anymore (even though I love the song). That was mine and my ex's song.  :(

Cat

Written By: stingr22 on 04/30/04 at 9:36 am

My second favorite band!  I chose "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" also.  My favorite Journey song is "After The Fall."

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/30/04 at 1:06 pm

My favorite Journey song is "After The Fall."

Good choice, Stingr22!  8)

Written By: Cheetara on 04/30/04 at 1:39 pm

Separate Ways

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/30/04 at 2:14 pm

Open Arms

Written By: Lanie on 04/30/04 at 6:01 pm

Faithfully

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 4:50 pm

Open Arms

Written By: goldie on 06/20/04 at 6:54 pm

I love all of Journey's songs...as long as Steve Perry is doing vocals...but Stone in Love is my all time fave!!

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/20/04 at 10:05 pm

Oh crap...I submitted for "Send Her My Love" while forgetting about "Only The Young"...that's my fave. :)

Written By: Fett69 on 06/21/04 at 3:36 am

And this would be my fave all-time band!  Hard to pick just one, but I voted "other" and went with me & the wife's song: Why Can't This Night Go On Forever

I'm just glad to see Journey get some props!  They've pretty much been lumped together with the cheesy stuff, like Mullets, as something you're not supposed to admit you ever liked.  Great to see some proud fans!!  ;D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/21/04 at 6:50 am

Faithfully

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/21/04 at 11:52 am

Steve Perry has gotta be one of the best vocalists I know of.  My fav song on the list is Separate Ways, love how he sings on that one.  But my favorite song of theirs is "Ill Be Alright Without You", because of the overall sound even though he doesnt exercise a lot of vocal chops on that one.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 06/21/04 at 3:59 pm

Separate Ways

Written By: Koop on 06/21/04 at 6:14 pm

Any Way You Want It

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/21/04 at 7:45 pm

And this would be my fave all-time band!  Hard to pick just one, but I voted "other" and went with me & the wife's song: Why Can't This Night Go On Forever

I'm just glad to see Journey get some props!  They've pretty much been lumped together with the cheesy stuff, like Mullets, as something you're not supposed to admit you ever liked.  Great to see some proud fans!!   ;D

Great choice there, Fett69!  I love Journey and am not at all embarrassed to admit it!  8)

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/21/04 at 8:24 pm

Can I vote all of the above?  Okay, I chose "Send Her My Love".  Thats the kind of song that sends chills down my spine.

Written By: RockNRollPrincess on 06/21/04 at 8:37 pm

Hey guys! How R u? I'm Jenny, I'm 15 yrs old and I'm new to this board :) :-\\.
That's really cool that u guys like Journey! I'm signed up with their offical website, and there're great ::)! They've been my fav. group for a long time now.  They're great musicians and great men!
It would be nice if they had a new album lol!! This is really cool site, and its nice to know that the people here  r nice :)....!!
lI hope to be posting more ;)! Have a good night u guys!
                          ~-Jenny-~

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/22/04 at 9:34 am

Other: Chain Reaction

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/22/04 at 10:17 am

Other:  "Ask The Lonely".  I also love "Lights"

Written By: Hairspray on 06/22/04 at 1:22 pm

All of the above, but especially "Stone in Love". So, I voted "Other'. ;)

Written By: woops on 06/22/04 at 4:29 pm

"Open Arms" is an OK ballad, but I can't stand Steve Perry's voice.  :P  :-\\

Journey isn't my cup of tea.

BTW, it has nothing to do with mullets.  :D

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/22/04 at 11:01 pm

I voted for "Open Arms"...one of THE classic love songs, IMO!  :D

But, I've GOT to give "Faithfully" an honorable mention too, since that was the first song hubby and I danced to when we first met.   :-*

Course, I also quite like "Separate Ways"...decisions, decisions, decisions....  :-\\

Written By: zcrito on 06/22/04 at 11:40 pm

I'm just glad to see Journey get some props!  They've pretty much been lumped together with the cheesy stuff, like Mullets, as something you're not supposed to admit you ever liked.  Great to see some proud fans!!   ;D

So true. This band always takes a beating from people who don't like them. Especially on VH1's "I Love The '80s".

Anyway, for a '70s song, I always liked their "Feeling That Way", but for the '80s, I'll go with (and voted for) "Any Way You Want It".

:) ;D

Written By: Atari on 06/23/04 at 11:40 pm

Who's Crying Now. I still remember the exact spot I was when I first heard that song (in my mom's car at Fruitbasket Flowerland).

2nd favorite: I'll Be Alright Without You. I like Steve's tenor much more than his annoying soprano. When his voice changed around the time Escape was released, he bacame my favorite vocalist. Frontiers was their peak, IMO. I think Raised on Radio was good vocally, but the songs were a bit weak due to the pinnacle lineup being fractured (Steve Smith and Ross Valory were fired).

Obscure favorites: Only Solutions and 1990s Theme (TRON movie soundtrack), Troubled Child, Frontiers (the song).

Written By: eighties lady on 06/23/04 at 11:41 pm

Faithfully!  Followed by Open Arms :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/09/04 at 1:34 pm

"Open Arms" and "Faithfully"

Written By: SmithsGirl on 07/09/04 at 6:04 pm

I totally couldnt vote. It's impossible for me. I love them all to much to choose just one. There should have been an "All of the above" option  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/24/04 at 11:06 pm

I totally couldnt vote. It's impossible for me. I love them all to much to choose just one. There should have been an "All of the above" option  :)

SmithsGirl
I wish there were more like you...some think they were nothing but a "Corporate" band ::)

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/24/04 at 11:19 pm

Love this band!  So many wonderful tunes, hard to pick just one.  To narrow it down a bit though...

"After the Fall" is my favorite Journey tune; followed closely by "Stay Awhile", "Lights", "Who's Cryin' Now" & "Girl Can't Help It".

Written By: RojoP on 11/25/04 at 10:53 pm

Send her my love

Great band - seen them with Steve Perry and the other Steve.  I miss Steve Perry.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 12:09 am

Open Arms, of course.

Tanya

Written By: RojoP on 11/26/04 at 8:48 am

Thanks to my wife -

Back in 2000 - 2001 my wife and I went to the "Arrival" tour when they were with John Waite and Peter Frampton.  They were having a "Make A Wish" drawing where you paid 5 dollars with a chance of winning 2 backstage passes to see the members of Journey.  Well, my wife actually won the backstage passes and we got to meet all the members - pretty cool.  We bought a concert shirt and had them all sign it and took lots of pictures.  Very memorable!

Written By: Xonnie316 on 11/26/04 at 8:51 pm

This is a great band, has a good blend of tracks, but my personal favourite is :

Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 4:19 pm

"Separate Ways" is my favourite :)

Check for new replies or respond here...