inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad A** Rocker Chics

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/30/04 at 3:39 pm

Pat Benetar

Subject: Re: Bad A** Rocker Chics

Written By: woops on 04/30/04 at 3:54 pm

Other: Jane Wiedlin & Belinda Carlisle  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/30/04 at 3:57 pm

Pat is STILL rockin'....I like the Wilson sisters a lot too AND Lita sure rocked....especially with Ozzy on "Close My Eyes Forever"....

Written By: Dagwood on 04/30/04 at 5:47 pm

Tough choice...I had to pick Pat Benatar, though.

Written By: Lanie on 04/30/04 at 5:49 pm

Pat Benetar

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/04 at 5:59 pm

Pat Benatar

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/31/04 at 12:15 pm

Pat Benatar with Joan Jett behind her (I just got a twisted thought there!)

Tanya

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 4:07 pm

other:  Lee Aaron.  Not only was she hot and a great singer, but she was also born in the same city as me  8)

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 5:10 pm

other. ima go with the bass player for the 90s heavy metal band white zombie.

http://www.monochrom.at/cracked/reviews/C_WhiteZombie.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OUE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

she's a cool cat too. i saw them play once too and she was bangin' on the bass while chit-chatting with the people in the front row. i like it when you're a big star but can still be down-to-earth with the fans. and it made me sorry i hadn't shoved my way through the mosh pit.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 5:16 pm

wikipedia tells me her stage name is sean yseult, and her real name is shauna reynolds. so you know where to mail your fan letters, locks of hair and stuff.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 5:36 pm

other. ima go with the bass player for the 90s heavy metal band white zombie.

http://www.monochrom.at/cracked/reviews/C_WhiteZombie.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OUE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

she's a cool cat too. i saw them play once too and she was bangin' on the bass while chit-chatting with the people in the front row. i like it when you're a big star but can still be down-to-earth with the fans. and it made me sorry i hadn't shoved my way through the mosh pit.
Sean Yseult is the bass player's name..kinda weird, a gal called Sean.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 5:42 pm

How about Pacific Northwest-area all-female grunge band L7? I think their song "Pretend We're Dead" kicks a$$!

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 5:42 pm

kinda weird, a gal called Sean.

oh, they'll turn up occasionally... :)

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/blade_runner/sean_young/bladerunner1.jpg

i bet sean yseult is some weird h.p. lovecraft reference or something.

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/28/05 at 5:29 am

8) Ann and Nancy Wilson RULE!!!!!!!!!!!  Best female voice and Guitar...............no contest to me....saw them in concert SEV times...the quality of voice range and ev thing else just cant compare..Stevie Nicks can sing too tho...

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/28/05 at 8:14 am

Other: Jane Wiedlin & Belinda Carlisle

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/28/05 at 8:17 am

How about Pacific Northwest-area all-female grunge band L7? I think their song "Pretend We're Dead" kicks a$$!

L7 are definily bad A** chicks. Saw them live at a music festival in the 90s. They were great. That Bricks Are Heavy album is still very listenable & i still have it in my collection.

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/28/05 at 8:22 am

From the above list the biggest bad a** of them is definitly by far Joan Jett. She was in The Runnaways & produced albums for punk bands such as The Germs, back when punk was actually bad a**, nasty & snotty.

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/28/05 at 8:32 am

Tony Stewart & Tia, you 2 are right on the mark, most of the canditates on the list aren't bad a** at all. I don't know what everyone else is on about & it's like saying Barry Manilow is a bad a** LOL. But L7 & Sean Yseult are right on the mark, but not 80s or 70s though.

Written By: Tia on 11/28/05 at 8:46 am

Tony Stewart & Tia, you 2 are right on the mark, most of the canditates on the list aren't bad a** at all. I don't know what everyone else is on about & it's like saying Barry Manilow is a bad a** LOL. But L7 & Sean Yseult are right on the mark, but not 80s or 70s though.

well, pat boone did do that heavy metal cover album. :D

i was looking at some white zombie bios and i think the first white zombie album with sean yseult on it was 1989, a little demo or something. so i can just edge in on a technicality. but yeah, WZ is very 90s though.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/28/05 at 5:52 pm

A 90's era band called the Toadies had a bad a$$ female named Lisa Umbarger playing bass!! The Toadies totally kick a$$. Anyone here ever hear their "Possum Kingdom" song...one h*ll of a heavy rockin' bad a$$ tune...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/29/05 at 8:21 pm

The THOUGHT of Pat Boone doing anything remotely 'heavy' makes me wanna retch!

Written By: Tia on 11/29/05 at 8:50 pm

The THOUGHT of Pat Boone doing anything remotely 'heavy' makes me wanna retch!

then this should be the nastiest thing you've set eyes on since that picture of the tumorous eyeball...

http://www.rossetta.com/niceguy.jpg

"Pat Boone is now an instrument of the Devil. He has "sold his soul for rock and roll," singing Satanic songs on his Heavy Metal album.
Pat appeared in public wearing a black leather vest and temporary tattoos. The Bible Clearly States that only sinners could wear black leather. And we all know that tattoos are sin.

Our children must be protected! When a highly respected man of God such as Pat Boone steps over to the dark side, those with weaker testimonies will fall as well.

Sister Rossetta and the Pat Boone Boycott Committee will be on hand to protest Pat Boone's appearance on Larry King, July 26th. Look for bullhorns and bibles! "

Check for new replies or respond here...