inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song from Video in 1983?

Written By: godzillakungfu on 05/06/04 at 3:47 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a new member that needs help trying to name a song and find the artist or group.  What makes it hard is there are no lyrics that I can remember.  So, what I will do is describe the part that I remember and try to describe the beat as best I can.  Sorry if this doesn't work and thanks for any help. 

Basically, the hook goes roughly bomb ma ma bop bo over and over about four times.  Then there is an electonic voice that counts  4 different nuimbers like 93 pause 46 93.  The video was played around the time Malcol Mc Claren's Buffalo girls was big.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
GKF

Subject: Re: Song from Video in 1983?

Written By: MereBear22 on 06/13/04 at 10:52 am

Can you describe what the artist looked like? That would help, since I have a photographic memory  ;)

Mere

Hello everyone,

I am a new member that needs help trying to name a song and find the artist or group.  What makes it hard is there are no lyrics that I can remember.  So, what I will do is describe the part that I remember and try to describe the beat as best I can.  Sorry if this doesn't work and thanks for any help. 

Basically, the hook goes roughly bomb ma ma bop bo over and over about four times.  Then there is an electonic voice that counts  4 different nuimbers like 93 pause 46 93.  The video was played around the time Malcol Mc Claren's Buffalo girls was big.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
GKF

Written By: godzillakungfu on 07/19/04 at 10:27 pm

What I remember most is that they were dancing in what looks like a mosh pit.  The video was in a club with punk rockers.  What stood out was a girl in a see through shirt with a mowhawk that flashes quickly in front of the screen.  It was an electronica song.  It sticks in my mind because i always knew people that would break dance to the song even though it wasn't in the rap/hip-hop genre.  It was one of the first videos on MTV.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/19/04 at 10:32 pm

I don't recall ever seeing a video for this song, but the song kind of sounds like "Beat Box" by Art of Noise.

Written By: godzillakungfu on 07/23/04 at 8:40 pm

Thank you Dj Midas.  I've been trying to find this song for 21 years.  The tune always stuck in my head but I never caught the name. 

GKF

Written By: zcrito on 07/23/04 at 10:36 pm

Nice work DJ. It doesn't sound familiar to me...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=vG7O91k9L7&ean=698458301420

:(

Check for new replies or respond here...