inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone been to any good 80's nights lately??

Written By: Gem on 05/07/04 at 10:52 am

I went to Pop Tastic 80's in Clapham and was really dissapointed - no decor and they played music from the 70's & 90's????? There's nothing wrong with 70's & 90's, but I was there for the 80's tunes and didn't hear any  :-[

I've also been to School Disco and can promise you that I'll never be back! Full of hideous boys acting like they're all 16 again! There's nothing worse I promise you  :P

Club Fantastic @ Sound could have been OK if it wasn't so commercial.

You must be sick of me moaning by now, hahaha! Well I did have a great time last weekend, I went to Frankie Goes...to London @ Club Colosseum in Vauxhall. It was amazing  ;D Fantastic Decor, the staff were great, almost every person there was dressed up in proper 80's gear. Timmy Mallet Headlined and it's Bucks Fizz next week so I'll definitely be back for more. My friend found out about it coz she saw a white Capri with the advert painted on the side driving round London - Fantastic  :D

Subject: Re: Anyone been to any good 80's nights lately??

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/07/04 at 11:27 am

I recently particiapated in an 80's fashion show. It was just 5 winners in an 80's makeover contest that a local radio staion put on. We got 80's clothes from Goodwill and 80's hair and makeup from a salon here in town. And then the winner of the fashion show won a $100 gift cert to Goodwill, $!50 gift basket from the salon and an Atari 2600 w/ 2 joysticks and paddles and 54 games. I came in 2nd.
But after the show, they had an 80's cover band that was really good.

Written By: Lennox_626 on 05/07/04 at 3:32 pm

:P I'm having one in the summer. It's ages away yet & I'm so impatient so my mum & dad might let me have it in June or something. It's sort of a fancy dress as well. You have to come dressed as someone from the 80s. I can't wait! It better turn out good. I'm going as Annie. Who'd have guessed?

Written By: Dude111 on 01/21/22 at 8:16 pm

I would love going to a nice 80s party!!!

Really at an 80s party you could hear music from the 70s also but they shouldnt play stuff newer than 1989 (If it was a good party that is)

Written By: Howard on 01/22/22 at 6:58 am

I would love going to a nice 80s party!!!

Really at an 80s party you could hear music from the 70s also but they shouldnt play stuff newer than 1989 (If it was a good party that is)

You'd have to go to a club where they play just 80's music all night.

Written By: Dude111 on 01/22/22 at 5:41 pm

Ya and hopefully records (Analogue) so it sounds as good as it did then :)

Check for new replies or respond here...