inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were those neon elastic bands called?

Written By: Smurfy on 05/17/04 at 2:38 am

Hi ! I just discovered this site, I was cleaning my room when I started finding a ton of those neon elastic bands. They're made from nylon or some sort or stretchy material. You could weave them together to make belts, headbands, bracelets or just simply wear in your hair (if you used more than one, they were great for high side ponytails!) Just wondering if anyone remembered what they were called?  :)

Subject: Re: What were those neon elastic bands called?

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/17/04 at 10:19 am

Don't remember the name but I do remember those bands.

Written By: pedestrianwolf on 05/17/04 at 2:52 pm

Hi ! I just discovered this site, I was cleaning my room when I started finding a ton of those neon elastic bands. They're made from nylon or some sort or stretchy material. You could weave them together to make belts, headbands, bracelets or just simply wear in your hair (if you used more than one, they were great for high side ponytails!) Just wondering if anyone remembered what they were called?  :)

you're not talking about jelly bracelets, are you?

Written By: Smurfette on 05/17/04 at 5:12 pm

you're not talking about jelly bracelets, are you?

Nope but i had those too! These are nylon stretchy neon elastics that were great for Barbie's hair, or my own side ponytails...and they came in box sets, with beads and little plastic hoops, so you could make fashionable neon belts, purses, headbands...anything you wanted to!! I think they were called Hot Bands or something with "hot" in it..well thanks for replying...

Written By: AL-B on 05/17/04 at 10:26 pm

Poison and Warrant ;)

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/18/04 at 11:29 am

Dont know if its what youre talking about, but I remember these things they only really sold on the night of July 4th before the fireworks.  Youd see these glowing pieces of red, blue, and green lace all over, and youd wish your folks would buy you one too.  People would wear them as necklaces, bracelets, shoelaces, just whatever.  They told you to put them in the freezer to help them keep longer.  I dont think it really worked.  I just about remember what they were called, I know it was something "lace".

Written By: Smurfette on 05/19/04 at 11:55 pm

Okay...well i finally got around to taking a picture of the elastics...This was a belt I must've made and some leftover elastics. They're made of nylon material...Hope this helps...they came in a box with beads and little hoops, so you could make cool stuff! Thanks for replying guys..this place rocks!

Written By: rae on 11/03/05 at 10:34 pm

hot loops!!!!!

GO TO MAKINGFRIENDS.COM

Check for new replies or respond here...