inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Lost Boys.(An amusing tale probably more for the English among us!)

Written By: Gis on 05/18/04 at 6:38 am

I must share this one with you.........
I have a black and white movie still from The Lost Boys by my desk at work and one of the guys I work with asked me one breaktime which band Eddie Izzard used to sing with (for those who don't know him he's a very very funny English comedian.) So I said 'none that I know of why?' and he replied 'but you have a picture of his band on the wall by your desk' I managed to establish he thought Kiefer Sutherland was Eddie Izzard and had thought they were a band.When I said no it a film The Lost Boys with Kiefer Sutherland he asked if it was about JM Barrie and Peter Pan  ::) He did admit that the 80's had passed him by somewhat !
Anyway anyone else a fan??

Subject: Re: The Lost Boys.(An amusing tale probably more for the English among us!)

Written By: Powerslave on 05/18/04 at 7:26 am

Hang on, this guy lived through the 80s without The Lost Boys? That's like going through the 60s without the Beatles.

Subject: Re: The Lost Boys.(An amusing tale probably more for the English among us!)

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/18/04 at 8:16 am

Geez when was Eddie Izzard ever that thin? ;)

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/18/04 at 8:20 am

I'm not from England, but I am familiar w/ Eddie. That story is too funny. Though if he was at least in jr. high in the 80's he should remember the Lost Boys. At least hearing about it. Unless he didn't remember much of anything else.  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/18/04 at 1:54 pm

I never knew Eddie Izzard was in a band? :o

I thought he was just a drag queen comedian? ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/04 at 5:53 pm

Heh heh. I can see the likeness now you mention it, Gis.  ;D

Izzard is a great comedian, very witty but he rambles on a bit.

Written By: onaree on 05/18/04 at 7:38 pm

I guess my question would be, "what planet did this guy live on?"  The Lost Boys was one of the coolest movies ever made!

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 11/03/04 at 5:11 am

I never got to see The Lost Boys in the 80's, I wasn't old enough, I was only 10..I had to wait for 4 to 5 years to finally see it, which was when I was about 14 or 15.  It was worth it though.  It's a wicked film and the soundtrack is good too.....

Check for new replies or respond here...