inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Dads of the 80's

Written By: eightiesfan on 05/19/04 at 11:06 am

If I had to pick my favorite, I guess it would be Danny Tanner and the other 2 guys from Full House, because everyone in that house looked like they were having so much fun most of the time!  :D

Subject: Re: TV Dads of the 80's

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/19/04 at 11:24 am

Jason Seaver

Written By: eightiesfan on 05/19/04 at 11:32 am

Duh! How could I have forgotten Dr Heathcliff Huxtable from The Cosby Show?  He is one of THE funniest tv dads of all time.

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/19/04 at 11:49 am

I chose Steven Keating.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/19/04 at 12:31 pm

The Seaver house was pretty much run by Carol...she seemed to always be putting her husband down >:( Steven Keaton and that whole clan were just kinda unbelievable, kinda like that horrid theme song "And There Ain't No Nothing...."  :P  Dan Conner was alright...esecially for having to deal with Rosanne but,...I suppose the most stable and loving was Danny Tanner...and THAT is why I went with the wild....Al Bundy :D

Written By: eightiesfan on 05/19/04 at 12:40 pm

Here's another one I should have put on the list: the HOTTEST TV dad of the 80's, Tony Micelli, from Who's the Boss?

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/19/04 at 12:53 pm

Danny Tanner was sooo awesome as a dad he had to take care of 3 kids (4 including the other Olson sister pretending to be one united Olson. 
Plus taking care of business with their dog comet.

And his two siblings Joey and Jesse.

Danny Tanner, I wish you were my dad.  Just PLEASE PLEASE don't do your stand up comedy routine away from Full house.  Your repressed obscenity is too much for anyone.

Written By: zac on 05/19/04 at 12:59 pm

Not that iI would ever want to be part of the family but Al Bundy rocks my day.

Written By: eightiesfan on 05/19/04 at 1:01 pm

Danny Tanner was sooo awesome as a dad he had to take care of 3 kids (4 including the other Olson sister pretending to be one united Olson. 
Plus taking care of business with their dog comet.

And his two siblings Joey and Jesse.

Danny Tanner, I wish you were my dad.  Just PLEASE PLEASE don't do your stand up comedy routine away from Full house.  Your repressed obscenity is too much for anyone.

I liked Bob Saget on America's Funniest Home Videos too - it was hysterical the way he'd do all these different voices during the video clips.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/04 at 9:37 pm

Duh! How could I have forgotten Dr Heathcliff Huxtable from The Cosby Show?  He is one of THE funniest tv dads of all time.

I know, I was gonna say!  Actually I strongly dislike "The Cosby Show" for reasons of my own.  Anyway, I wanted to go with Steven Keating, but he's too nice, then I wanted to go with Al Bundy, but he's too twisted.  So I went right down the middle and chose "Dan Connor."  I agree with the w RnR Fan, the Keating household was too unbelievable, and I didn't like the rich liberal-yuppie nicey-nice.  Great writing and Michael J. Fox made "Family Ties" one of my favorite, nonetheless.  I prefer "Roseanne" because it comes closer to being a family with real problems that don't get solved in 23-minutes.
You know who always looked like an '80s sit-com Dad to me? Huey Lewis!
;D

Written By: AL-B on 05/19/04 at 10:04 pm

AL-Bundy ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/19/04 at 10:56 pm

Dan Conner, he seems to be the closest thing to a real-life father.

Written By: Lanie on 05/19/04 at 11:01 pm

Danny Tanner

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/04 at 1:29 am

AL-Bundy ;D ;D ;D

I used to get him confused with Ted Bundy.
:o

Ted Bundy, one of the all-time worst serial murderers went to death row in 1979 (?).  He'd been out of the news long enough for the creators of "Married with Children" to pick the name for their TV family.  Then in January, 1989, Ted Bundy gets executed, and the two Bundys share the media spotlight!

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/20/04 at 7:10 am

Dan Connor.  I have to agree, the Roseanne household was more like a real one to me, more like real life.

Written By: Hairspray on 05/20/04 at 8:57 am

Steven Keaton (Family Ties) - We'd all probably sit in a circle (a la "That 70's Show") to share our post 60's free hippie-like thoughts and feelings; and a doobie. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/04 at 7:17 pm

The Seaver house was pretty much run by Carol...she seemed to always be putting her husband down >:( Steven Keaton and that whole clan were just kinda unbelievable, kinda like that horrid theme song "And There Ain't No Nothing...."  :P  Dan Conner was alright...esecially for having to deal with Rosanne but,...I suppose the most stable and loving was Danny Tanner...and THAT is why I went with the wild....Al Bundy :D

I am about to be a TV nerd here but Carol was the daughter not the wife...Maggie was the mom.

I went with Dan Conner.  I always thought he would be a cool dad to have.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/20/04 at 8:02 pm

I am about to be a TV nerd here but Carol was the daughter not the wife...Maggie was the mom.

Thanks Dagwood, that shows you what I thought of the show...I really felt like she was a total B*tch :P

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/17/04 at 12:14 pm

Well with Father's Day approaching, I thought I'd bump this thread.

I was also thinking Tony Miscelli would be a choice of mine.

Written By: goldie on 06/18/04 at 2:42 pm

Dan Conner

Written By: NbC on 06/19/04 at 12:25 am

Al Bundy

Written By: moonbaby345 on 06/19/04 at 2:09 am

Dan Conner.

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/05 at 9:40 pm

Danny Tanner was a great Dad :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/08/05 at 10:59 pm

Dan Conner was a cool TV dad...except when he got really moody and odd some of the times.

Erin :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/08/05 at 11:55 pm

8) For me gotta be a mix of Dan Conner and Al Bundy...I and all my friends were from " Blue Collar" familys and this was the NORM for me...I am from Tn so..I can REALLY relate to Jeff Foxworthy...LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... ::)

Written By: pell on 11/09/05 at 4:57 am

How could we leave out Homer Simpson? We're going to get a nasty letter from the National Association for the Advancement of Cartoon People. :)

Anyway, I went with Dan Conner. I've always thought the Rosanne show had one of the most natural families for a TV sitcom.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/09/05 at 5:34 pm

I'm with you on that one! 8)

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/09/05 at 5:58 pm

dan conner...hes the most real

Subject: TV Dads of the 80's

Written By: Dude111 on 02/20/18 at 5:23 am

Steven Keating

One of the better 80s shows on this poll :)

Check for new replies or respond here...