inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: inthe80s... Does anyone want to be the editor for a page?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/21/04 at 9:19 am

In the past, I tried to assign a dozen pages to a single editor (since it would be easier for me to manage a couple people and show them what needed to be done).  The flood of information to the site was a little high for that though.  I'm thinking now, instead of revising the system of how things are processed, maybe instead, I should mandate one page per person, or the very least, no more than 5 pages person.  There's like 50 pages that would need editors, figure anywhere from 10 to 50 people are eligable depending on how many pages people want to do.

What's being an editor entail for work?
You need to review the information submitted for your page two or three times a week.  If someone submits something inappropriate (not related to the page) you delete it.  If someone doesn't capitailize/spell things properly, you try and fix it.

That sounds easy, what do I get in exchange?
You'll get access to a new 80s editor board, that other people can't see.  You get a different color star on the messageboard and a ranking.  You'll be listed on the page itself as the current editor.

How much stuff is there to look at?
Depends on the page.  Some pages get three or four submissions a week, some get a dozen a day.  Some pages haven't been updated in a long time, so there's a huge backlog at the moment.

What if I decide not to do it anymore?
You'll lose your ranking on the messageboard (you go back to being a regular user), and your name gets moved to a "former editor of this page" listing at the bottom. 

Great! Where do I sign up?
Send a personal message to ChuckyG and he'll send you a list of available pages.  If one interests you, tell him and it's yours to manage.

If this works out ok... I'll probably do this for the other sites I run as well (inthe70s, inthe90s and amiright).  It would be very cool if I could remove the message at the top of the site about no more updates too.  With my schoolwork completed now, I should be able to devote some time to getting it running smoothly again.

Subject: Re: inthe80s... Does anyone want to be the editor for a page?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/21/04 at 12:17 pm

I sticked this for now... just to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it.  It's important for the well being of the site if I can get things moving again.

If you send me a personal message, I'll respond with the list of page available (and the busiest have been identified).  Every page is up for grabs right now, so the sooner you reply, the more likely you are to be able to choose a page you would like. 

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/21/04 at 12:48 pm

I would like to edit inthe80s.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/04 at 6:37 pm

I'll think about it! :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/04 at 4:09 pm

Pm'd ya.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/22/04 at 6:50 pm

I PM'ed you yesterday, Chuck. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 05/23/04 at 10:43 am

How many hours would it take?  ???

Howard

Written By: JT74 on 05/24/04 at 2:38 pm

Is this like being a board moderator or are there specific information pages on this site?  I'm not exactly sure what's meant by pages.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/24/04 at 8:54 pm

JT74,

These messageboards (inthe00s.com) are only a small part of Chucky's vast empire - er, family of websites. :D
Go to www.amiright.com and you'll see a bunch of links to the "main" pages. Lots of fun and nostalgia ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/25/04 at 2:47 pm

I would like to but I'd rather stay a member here! :)

Howard

Written By: JSHERROD on 05/27/04 at 11:38 am

I'd love to! Please e-mail me with anything I could do to help!

Written By: Gary Gersin on 06/02/04 at 9:45 am

sure... send me some info

Written By: bj26 on 06/16/04 at 3:32 pm

Chuck I sent you personal messages several times, with pen name, etc., You sent me a personal e-mail, I tried to reply to your address, and the the messages were returned to me undeliverable.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/04 at 3:47 pm

Chuck I sent you personal messages several times, with pen name, etc., You sent me a personal e-mail, I tried to reply to your address, and the the messages were returned to me undeliverable.

it's better to respond to me with personal messages.  I actually have a few editing related personal messages at the moment I need to act on, just haven't had time to act on them I'm afraid.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/09/04 at 11:09 am

Hopefully I've responded to everyone who has asked about this now.  I let things go for awhile so I could focus on my new website.  Now that the new website is up and running, I can split my time up a little more evenly.

Written By: Gtaman56 on 07/24/04 at 11:29 pm

I would be great for the job! :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/30/04 at 11:59 am

someone just sent me their picks for pages they wanted to edit, but I lost the message and forgot who it was.  If you could resend your message I'd appreciate it.  I seem to losing things left and right lately.

Written By: Robert on 09/05/04 at 9:19 am

Hi!

I stumbled across this website and saw the posting.  Are there any openings left?

Robert
robert@arcondesign.com

Check for new replies or respond here...