inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Adam and the Ants song

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/22/04 at 12:21 pm

While I love all of the songs, of course, I went with Stand and Deliver, it is my absolute favorite Ants song, followed by Kings. I could go on all day trying to put my favorite songs in order, but that would bore you!

Rio

Subject: Re: Favorite Adam and the Ants song

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/22/04 at 12:55 pm

"Goody Two Shoes"...followed by "Wonderful".  :)

Written By: Lennox_626 on 05/22/04 at 1:31 pm

I love them all! I'm like you Rio. I can't put them in order of favouritism. I suppose my favourites would be Prince Charming, Stand & Deilver, Goody Two Shows & Kings Of The Wild Frontier. My other favourites are Apollo 9 & Friends. That is class! Well...they all are actually.

Love Lennox
XxX

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/04 at 2:05 pm

Strip followed by Goody Two Shoes

Written By: Hairspray on 05/22/04 at 2:13 pm

Goody Two Shoes

Written By: woops on 05/22/04 at 6:09 pm

"Strip"  :)

"Goody Two Shoes" & "Dog Eat Dog" second & third.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/22/04 at 6:48 pm

I chose Prince Charming! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/04 at 7:02 pm

Goody Two Shoes

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/22/04 at 9:28 pm

I voted for Goody Two Shoes, although I also like 'Desperate, But Not Serious'.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/22/04 at 10:16 pm

Antmusic

Written By: Koop on 05/22/04 at 10:23 pm

I picked 'Other' and my choice is Ant Rap, followed by  Dog Eat Dog...and everything else on the Kings of the Wild Frontier album.

Written By: Lanie on 05/22/04 at 10:32 pm

"Stand and Deliver"  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 05/23/04 at 1:17 am

Antmusic

Written By: Rush on 05/24/04 at 2:58 am

I voted for "Prince Charming" though anything from Kings Of The Wild Frontier and Prince Charming I could vote for and most of Friend Or Foe.

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/24/04 at 6:45 am

Goody Two Shoes!

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/24/04 at 8:33 am

Goody Two Shoes ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/24/04 at 10:36 am

I picked Other..."Desperate But Not Serious"...as for Adam and The Ants I would've chosen "Stand & Deliver"

Written By: goodsin on 05/25/04 at 2:03 am

All of the earlier stuff...anyone remember Young Parisians? Anyone see the recent documentary filmed by British TV about Adam Ant?

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/25/04 at 6:52 am

Does anyone know what he's doing now?  I know he has some kind of manic depressive condition, but I was wondering if he still performs at all?

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/25/04 at 4:30 pm

"Stand And Deliver"

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/26/04 at 12:30 pm

All of the earlier stuff...anyone remember Young Parisians? Anyone see the recent documentary filmed by British TV about Adam Ant?

Yeah, I love his earlier stuff most of all, but not too many people know that stuff so thats why I just put the better known songs up.

No, I didn't see the documentary but I REALLY would like to have it recorded!!!! I am dying to see it, but I am only in the states and that was only shown in England...

Rio

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/26/04 at 12:37 pm

Does anyone know what he's doing now?  I know he has some kind of manic depressive condition, but I was wondering if he still performs at all?

Right now he just spends time raising his daughter and I think he might still write songs, I don't know for certain.

Yes he is manic depressive,or bipolar, he has been suffering from it since 1976 or 77 when he had a nervous breakdown. He hasn't really performed anything serious lately. he was supposed to headline a tour called the Here and Now tour in 2002, but he backed out at the last minute.

He did take part in Diane Fossey's Save the Gorilla Fund by Re-recording Stand and Deliver and changing the lyrics, but Marco, his fellow songwriter, ixnayed the plan because he didn't want Stand and Deliver to be messed with. Understandable!! But I did like what Adam did with the song. If you want to hear it, it may still be online, but I don't think it is. jUst search under Diane Fossey or Save the Gorillas...

Rio

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/26/04 at 2:18 pm

I wondered what he's been up to.  Thanks Rio!

Written By: aguilar on 05/26/04 at 3:15 pm

I love them all .  In the video  it's Desperate But Not Serios .  I Lovs the part where He hits the mick
    with a murk on his face  :P drull

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/27/04 at 11:56 am

I wondered what he's been up to.  Thanks Rio!

No problem! Anytime! ;D :)

Rio

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/04 at 12:12 pm

JOLLY ROGER
It's your money that we want, and your money we shall have!
:)

Written By: BlaznFattyz on 05/28/04 at 12:01 am

truly one of the 80's greatest artists. "Desperate but not serious" has the sound i love. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/28/04 at 8:29 am

I love the entire "Kings of the Wild Frontier" album so it's very hard to choose just one.

I think I'll go with "Ants Invasion" though, because I just love the lines:

"10:38 and I think I made the wrong decision. Oh, no, no,no no.
Another lifeless man with a strange incision"  :D

Written By: goodsin on 05/29/04 at 5:26 am

JOLLY ROGER
It's your money that we want, and your money we shall have!
:)

Hey Max, reckon that must be the funniest A&TA song ever. As well as the dubiously suggestive lyrics, the whole background of pirates going "Ah-haar!" at certain bits of the song always cracks me up... ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/04 at 8:20 am

Hey Max, reckon that must be the funniest A&TA song ever. As well as the dubiously suggestive lyrics, the whole background of pirates going "Ah-haar!" at certain bits of the song always cracks me up... ;D

He's a strange one, that Adam Ant!
;)

Written By: NostalgicOne on 01/31/05 at 11:11 am

Strip!!!!

Written By: ant visitor on 02/02/05 at 12:45 am

This is for Rio- I lurk here once in awhile but I came across this and I knew she had to have it...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/861131/adamanim.gif

Make sure you save it on your own computer, because that link won't be good for too much longer.

Peace and Love fellow Ant Girl. :D

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/02/05 at 1:07 am

Awwwwwww!!!!! Thanks ant visitor!!! Thats so great! I love it! :D

Rio

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/05 at 4:14 am

Prince Charming

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/02/05 at 10:52 am

Goody two shoes gets my vote!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 02/02/05 at 4:41 pm

Goody Two Shoes

Howard

Written By: Wezza on 02/03/05 at 3:27 am

I would go for Stand & Deliver - followed closely by Prince Charming.  :)

However, if we were to talk about album songs, then my fave is probably 'Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face)' from the 'Dirk Wears White Sox' album.  8)

Written By: goodsin on 02/03/05 at 11:42 am

the 'Dirk Wears White Sox' album.  8)

Wow, never knew that existed, will have to check it out. I've always wondered why the lyrics 'Dirk Wears White Sox' appear in Antmusic, this sheds a little light on it...anyone know who Dirk is/was?

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/03/05 at 5:44 pm

Wow, never knew that existed, will have to check it out. I've always wondered why the lyrics 'Dirk Wears White Sox' appear in Antmusic, this sheds a little light on it...anyone know who Dirk is/was?

'Dirk' is Dirk Bogarde, one of Adam's favourite actors, a lot of the songs on Dirk... and from that time in Adam's career were actually inspired by some of Bogarde's movies. Dirk... was Adam's first album, and there are also two versions of it, the first release, from 1978, which I am desperate to get my hands on, and the re-release in 1983, which I have...It is a great album, my favourite antmusic comes from this time period, with all the kabuki makeup and completely raw and perverted lyrics.....mmmm....that is great antmusic right there.... :D

Rio

Written By: Wezza on 02/03/05 at 5:52 pm

'Dirk' is Dirk Bogarde, one of Adam's favourite actors, a lot of the songs on Dirk... and from that time in Adam's career were actually inspired by some of Bogarde's movies. Dirk... was Adam's first album, and there are also two versions of it, the first release, from 1978, which I am desperate to get my hands on, and the re-release in 1983, which I have...It is a great album, my favourite antmusic comes from this time period, with all the kabuki makeup and completely raw and perverted lyrics.....mmmm....that is great antmusic right there.... :D

Rio

Although I guessed that Dirk was Dirk Bogarde - I didn't know that alot of the songs were inspired by his movies!  ???
Isn't one of the songs on that album ('Nine Plan Failed') about Hitler?  :-\\

Good luck with trying to get the album, Goodskin - I've tried for ages and can't get it on CD - am resorting to downloading them instead!  :-X

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 02/03/05 at 6:11 pm

Although I guessed that Dirk was Dirk Bogarde - I didn't know that alot of the songs were inspired by his movies!  ???
Isn't one of the songs on that album ('Nine Plan Failed') about Hitler?  :-\\

Good luck with trying to get the album, Goodskin - I've tried for ages and can't get it on CD - am resorting to downloading them instead!  :-X

The U.K. Version of Dirk is on Amazon.com...All of Adam's albums have been remastered and re-released on CD....Dirk.., Kings..., and PC have all ready been released, and  Friend or Foe, Strip and Vive... are due out soon.

Yes, there are a few songs from that time that were inspired by Bogarde's movies....there are some interviews that Adam did where he talks about it too.... :)

Rio

Written By: guest on 02/04/05 at 12:13 am

I love the Kabuki make up too. Beautiful!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Laura7593/jul2003.jpg

http://www.adam-ant.net/pictures/antcatb.jpg

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/04/05 at 2:05 am

Goody Two Shoes

Written By: Wezza on 02/04/05 at 3:04 am

The U.K. Version of Dirk is on Amazon.com...All of Adam's albums have been remastered and re-released on CD....Dirk.., Kings..., and PC have all ready been released, and  Friend or Foe, Strip and Vive... are due out soon.

Yes, there are a few songs from that time that were inspired by Bogarde's movies....there are some interviews that Adam did where he talks about it too.... :)

Rio

Cheers for that, Rio. I'll have a look on amazon for it then.  :)

Also, I have realised that the song I thought was about Hitler, isn't - its another one called 'Table Talk'.  :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/17/05 at 5:53 am

I went with Prince Charming. What a song!

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 11:51 pm

other:  I kinda like Apollo 9 the best :)

Check for new replies or respond here...