inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weird cereal

Written By: Dana on 05/25/04 at 10:18 am

I'm not sure if I've made this commercial up in my own mind, or if it was actually from the 80s.  It was a hot cereal that was so gross-looking that the kids had to wear paper bags on their heads, but it was really great-tasting and chocolatey.  Is this just my own imagination at work, or did it actually exist?  Anyone remember??

Subject: Re: Weird cereal

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/25/04 at 10:57 am

I'm thinking it was called Coco Wheats or something. It was like Cream of Wheat with chocolate. :-\\
I'm not sure if I've made this commercial up in my own mind, or if it was actually from the 80s.  It was a hot cereal that was so gross-looking that the kids had to wear paper bags on their heads, but it was really great-tasting and chocolatey.  Is this just my own imagination at work, or did it actually exist?  Anyone remember??

Written By: Kitten on 05/25/04 at 2:26 pm

yuck. . .  i don't remeber that  ???

Written By: lil on 06/15/04 at 5:01 pm

Yes, it sounds like coco wheats - and it was one of my favorite cereals.  Especially loaded with lots of sugar on top!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/04 at 9:46 pm

Was there a cereal called "Fruit Island"?  I know there was one with a Tarzan-like mascot, with the slogan "A-Yumma Yumma!"

Check for new replies or respond here...