inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sex Bracelets?!

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/26/04 at 10:17 pm

I just heard about this on the news. Apperantly jelly bracelets are no longer as we knew them! Watch out! This new "game" upsets me because I was so excited when jelly bracelets came back in style and I have been sporting them for weeks (i have always LOVED them). Now I feel when i wear them i may be looked at as encouraging sex acts, when clearly I only wear them because for me it reminds me of the 80's.

The news was saying the "sex bracelets" are selling out of stores like hot cakes and that even kids have been suspended from school for wearing them.

www.sex-bracelets.com

Let me know what you think of this ::)

SmithsGirl

Subject: Re: Sex Bracelets?!

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/27/04 at 8:20 am

OMG!!!  :o That is nuts. >:( That is why I prefer to appreciate the 80's.  8)

Written By: Tbullsr on 05/27/04 at 11:48 am

Nice society. HUH? What the hell is happening? I heard this a the radio. Alot of parents and I mean alot are to blame. I'm a parent and I see and hear alot of crap and quite frankly it makes me ill. These kids were 11. My son is ten. If I found out he was involved in something like this, he'd be in trouble. No question about it. Alot of parents are not parents. They think they can have kids and the kids will raise themselves. To concerned about there own freakin pathetic materialistic lives.

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/04 at 12:20 pm

This thing broke on the O'Reilly Factor, so I would bear in mind the whole story might be BOGUS!

When I was that age, kids were wearing something called "friendship beads."  Somebody started a rumor they indicated how many times you've had sex.  So....

Bill O'Reilly is more obsess with teenage sex than most teenagers!

Written By: lebeiw15 on 05/27/04 at 2:44 pm

Well.. I'm 15, and I wear these all the time.  A lot of kids in my school wear them, and nobody wears them for that reason, at least in my high school.  I believe that some people may be using them for the games and whatnot, of course--but kids in the middle school who wear these to be fashionable are getting detentions for them.  Leave us alone, for cripe's sake. ::)

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/27/04 at 2:47 pm

Well.. I'm 15, and I wear these all the time.  A lot of kids in my school wear them, and nobody wears them for that reason, at least in my high school.  I believe that some people may be using them for the games and whatnot, of course--but kids in the middle school who wear these to be fashionable are getting detentions for them.  Leave us alone, for cripe's sake. ::)

Well that's good to know that the media probably just hyped it up.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/27/04 at 5:09 pm

Why the hell would anyone want to wear a sex bracelet? :o

Howard

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/27/04 at 10:25 pm

From what I remember, those bracelets always had a connotation of sex with them.  This was the case back in the 80's too, regardless if we want to edit out that part of our memories. 

Though I don't remember high school kids wearing them back in the 80's.  It was mainly a thing for middle school kids and under.  I don't think anyone over the age of 14 would have worn a friendship braclet back in 1984. 

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 6:51 pm

I guess I should buy me a sex bracelet. ;) ;D

Howard

Written By: Louise Mcquade on 05/29/04 at 8:56 am

Yeah, theye called shag bands  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...