inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: your thoughts on Square Pegs

Written By: BlaznFattyz on 05/28/04 at 7:40 pm

theres a scene where the blonde guy who always wore shades played with his band at a grocery store.  they played new wave, it was pretty good. 

Subject: Re: your thoughts on Square Pegs

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/04 at 8:20 pm

That guy was cool.  A "totally different head."  ;D

I forget his name, but he went on to play the son of Admiral James T. Kirk in Star Trek 2 & 3.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/28/04 at 8:44 pm

The late Merritt Buttrick, who died of AIDS soon after. Haven't heard anything on his friend. I think he quit show business like the girl that played Lauren (Amy Linker or Linkler)
That guy was cool.  A "totally different head."  ;D

I forget his name, but he went on to play the son of Admiral James T. Kirk in Star Trek 2 & 3.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/28/04 at 8:45 pm

I forgot what his name was too, I know the dude sadly died sometime in the 80's.  From complication with AIDs I believe.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/04 at 10:51 pm

:-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/04 at 2:57 am

The BEST '80s teen show.  Only in retrospect can we see how satirical it really was.  Too bad they made so few of them.
:\'(
The silver lining is that in reruns you have a very good chance of seeing the special appearance by
DEVO, performing That's Pep !
:)
I have the theme, Square Pegs by The Waitresses on one of my mix CDs.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/04 at 8:52 am

I would've liked to see a Square Pegs reunion today with Sarah Jessica Parker. ;D

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5159/pegs.jpg

Written By: cnbpjb on 08/07/05 at 9:30 am

I would've liked to see a Square Peg reunion today with Sarah Jessica Parker. ;D

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5159/pegs.jpg

I might have agreed with you Howard, if it wasn't for the 1989 untimely and unfortunate death of actor Merritt Butrick.  I wish that CBS had had more faith in the show back then, I think CBS had a potential gold mine on it's hand, at least for a couple of seasons until at least say 1986 or so.  But, NOOOOOOOOOOOO, CBS was too stupid to see what they had in "Square Pegs".  ("Gag with me a spoon, CBS.")  I definitely feel that "Square Pegs" presented the teen years (both good and bad) in a much more realistic light (but funny as well) than ABC's later anemic comedy show, "Head Of The Class".  (Of course when "Square Pegs" was on in it's one season, 1982 - 1983, I had just turned 19 years old, while with "Head" I was already in my 20's.)

Check for new replies or respond here...