inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Commercial

Written By: Dagwood on 05/29/04 at 9:36 am

Has anyone seen the commercial for Starbucks espresso?  It starts out with a man grabbing a can out of his fridge and Survivor starts singing to him "Glen, Glen Glen Glen....etc to the tune of Eye of the Tiger.  They follow him to work with the drums on a cart being pushed along.  When he gets out of the elevator a new guy goes in and the song starts again with "Roy".

I laughed my butt of the first time I saw this. ;D

Subject: Re: Commercial

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/29/04 at 4:31 pm

Has anyone seen the commercial for Starbucks espresso?  It starts out with a man grabbing a can out of his fridge and Survivor starts singing to him "Glen, Glen Glen Glen....etc to the tune of Eye of the Tiger.  They follow him to work with the drums on a cart being pushed along.  When he gets out of the elevator a new guy goes in and the song starts again with "Roy".

I laughed my butt of the first time I saw this. ;D

Yep! I just saw it last night for the first time...I laughed my butt off as well  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 10:06 am

Yeah,I saw that too.What were they doing in the video?

Too bad Sylvester Stallone would've been great in that commercial. ;D

Howard

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 10:36 am

That commercial is great.

I love it that those guys can poke fun at themselves the way they did.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/01/04 at 7:22 pm

I love that commerical!  ;D

Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen...  ;D Thanks now I can't get it out of my head!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/04 at 8:01 pm

I would love the group Survivor to follow me everywhere I go including to work singing "Howard,Howard,Howard,Howard". ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...