inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Concerts

Written By: bige31001 on 05/29/04 at 10:24 pm

I like you all to list some best concerts you ever went from the 80's. The 2 I remember was seeing Motley Crue open for Ozzy. Thought they put on a awesome show. The crowd booed Ozzy when he came out. They wanted to see mor Crue. Also, I went to Monsters of Rock concert in Germany. That was great seeing all those bands the same day.

Subject: Re: Concerts

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/04 at 8:20 am

Def Leppard's Hysteria concert was great.  I also saw Aerosmith with White Lion opening.  Not too impressed with Aerosmith.  They didn't seem to be into it that night.  3 months later I saw AC/DC with White Lion opening (see a pattern? ;))  That was a great show.

Written By: zac on 05/30/04 at 11:13 am

My fav 80s concerts would have to include AC/DC  Dragon  Renee Geyer Houdo Gurus wow I could go on forever, someone stop me please.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/30/04 at 11:35 am

Two bands I wish I had seen in concert back in the 80's. Duran Duran and Hall and Oates. I have seen Hall and Oates in concert once 2 years ago and I'm going to see them again. This August. Still waiting to see Duran Duran in concert.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/03/04 at 6:58 am

The absolute best concert I went to in the 80's was David Bowie back in '83.  He was completely phenomenal, best concert I ever went to.

Written By: OliverDK on 07/28/05 at 4:59 pm

My very first concert was on July 1st 1976, a danish rock band called Gasolin' - With Dr. Hook as opening act - and I've been to something like 200 concerts since then, including Mötley Crüe, Kiss, Metallica, Iron Maiden (Twice), Alice Cooper (Three times), Bryan Adams, Motorhead, King Diamond, Pretty Maids, Bon Jovi, Ronnie James Dio, Europe, Joe Cocker, Gary Moore, Guns 'n' Roses and Christina Aguilera, to name but a few, and today it's actually part of my job, being a music writer and talent scout (Hate that title).

Written By: robby76 on 07/28/05 at 8:25 pm

I only went to two (in 1987)... Tina Turner and Gloria Estefan! I was 11 yrs old.

Written By: Powerslave on 07/28/05 at 9:28 pm

I saw Iron Maiden in 1986. That was very cool. So was Twisted Sister actually.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/29/05 at 5:58 am

I also saw The Monkees  in 1987 at Popular Creek with my two sister also in October the day after my birthday we're going to see Davy. I can't wait.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/05 at 6:08 am

The only concert I have been to was John Denver back in the late 70s at the Wembley Arena.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/29/05 at 6:39 am

In the 80's I seen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Crue, and Tesla. In the early 90's I got to see Metallica, Faith no More  and GnR.

Written By: karen on 07/29/05 at 6:59 am

Two bands I wish I had seen in concert back in the 80's. Duran Duran and Hall and Oates. I have seen Hall and Oates in concert once 2 years ago and I'm going to see them again. This August. Still waiting to see Duran Duran in concert.

Duran Duran was the first concert I went to on my own (with friends but no parents in tow).  My friend was a big fan of theirs but could only go and see them if someone else went with her.  The deal was she came with me to see Toyah.  I kept my half of the bargain.  It was a good concert.

Best ever concert in the 80's was probably The Damned at Green Park in London or Dr and the Medics at Leicester Uni.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/29/05 at 7:14 am

Was a bit young to attend concerts in the 80s.  :-\\

Written By: racer on 07/29/05 at 9:08 am

I saw Tiffany at Poplar Creek in summer of '88. I went with a bunch of friends from my neighborhood. We thought we were so cool because we were in the pavilion instead of lawn seats.  8)

I also went to see New Kids On The Block when they had the Dino and Sweet Sensation open for them. That was a great show! The energy was incredible.

Written By: bj26 on 07/29/05 at 9:25 am

I saw:
The Toons (Great American Music Hall on Halloween in San Francisco - 1980)
The Tubes
REM
Web Wilder

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/29/05 at 10:52 am

For me, the best 80's concert I ever saw was King Diamond. Haven't seen him since 89  :\'( Have worshipped King since '86 and still do.

If you want to go a tad into the 90's....without a doubt Iron Maiden for the sheer energy and passion of their show. They gave one hell of a performance!

Written By: OliverDK on 07/29/05 at 8:13 pm

I agree completely with MetalManiac, King Diamond rules.

I saw him on the "Abigail" tour in '87, and he actually planned the entire world tour so he could play here in Copenhagen - where he was born - on Friday 13th, I seem to remember seeing him on the "Them" tour in '88 and the "Conspiracy" tour in '89, but I can only find the ticket from the "Abigail" concert, I've even met him twice; once in '90 at another band's concert - got him to sign the "Abigail" t-shirt I was wearing - and at a Europe concert in '03, he is one cool dude.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/30/05 at 6:33 am

\m/ Hey dude....I never got to see "THEM" live....only got to see Conspiracy live which was out of this world. Desperately wanted to see The Puppet Master live but it wasn't to be  :\'( My Fatal Portrait tour t shirt doesn't fit me anymore and the Conspiracy tour shirt is getting quite thin from so much wear.

Funny story, was with friends in New York City a few years ago and there was some 'biker' type bar downtown we had gone to. I Don't remember the name of it, just you could hear LOUD old style rock & metal coming from within. The four of us decided to go in...I had my KD shirt on, door man smiled, patted me on the back and said something like "You have good taste, you're in man." and let me pass. He hassled the other three for their ID's LOL!

HOWARD....do you know of any biker/rock bars in the Washington Square area????

King is cool!  Hope he continues to do what he does for a very long time.

Check for new replies or respond here...