inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dead Or Alive - The Group!

Written By: Hairspray on 06/01/04 at 7:05 pm

I voted "In Too Deep". 8)

The album to get, especially if you want to assess how you feel about this group's music is Rip It Up.

More Info:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB020406011930291339&sql=A5srv281c05oa

Subject: Re: Dead Or Alive - The Group!

Written By: Xcess-N-Htown on 06/01/04 at 7:38 pm

What happened to "Other" ?  I would choose "Come Home With Me Baby"

Written By: Hairspray on 06/01/04 at 7:47 pm

What happened to "Other" ?  I would choose "Come Home With Me Baby"

Oh shoot, you're right and "Come Home With Me Baby" is an excellent tune! I'll be modifying the poll momentarily. ;)

Done.

Oh and while I'm here, "In Too Deep" is still my fave. :D

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/04 at 7:50 pm

I went with 'You spin me right round (like a record)'. It's the only one I know. Oh! Hang on they did a really bad cover of some song but I forgot what it was . . .  ???

Written By: Hairspray on 06/01/04 at 7:55 pm

I went with 'You spin me right round (like a record)'. It's the only one I know. Oh! Hang on they did a really bad cover of some song but I forgot what it was . . .  ???

Did you click on the "More Info" link? I recommend this album because I believe that if you like "You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)", you will like the others. ;) Would I steer you wrong, Bobby? 8) 'Course not. :)

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/04 at 8:03 pm

Did you click on the "More Info" link? I recommend this album because I believe that if you like "You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)", you will like the others. ;) Would I steer you wrong, Bobby? 8) 'Course not. :)

Lol. I didn't to be honest, Hairspray. I have had a look and I will get a listen of those hits in the very near future.

I trust your judgement implicitly.  ;)

Written By: Lanie on 06/02/04 at 12:20 am

"Brand New Lover"

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/02/04 at 7:55 am

I love the Watch out here I come part in You Spin Me, so that's what I voted for. But I do like Brand New Lover as well.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/02/04 at 10:16 am

My heart goes bang, bang, bang, bang!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/04 at 11:15 am

I like Brand New Lover.

Written By: Cheetara on 06/02/04 at 11:44 am

You Spin Me Round

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/02/04 at 12:31 pm

"Brand New Lover"

I got really tired of "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)".  ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/31/04 at 1:32 pm

You Spin me...

Tanya

Written By: Hairspray on 08/01/04 at 12:09 am

Lol. I didn't to be honest, Hairspray. I have had a look and I will get a listen of those hits in the very near future.

I trust your judgement implicitly.  ;)

Well?

Did you ever have a listen? You don't know what you're missin'. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/01/04 at 12:27 am

"You Spin Me Round(Like A Record)"

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/03/04 at 1:30 am

"My Heart Goes Bang"

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/04 at 6:59 pm

Hairspray.

I am so sorry not to have looked at your link earlier. I didn't realise you could hear the tracks of the album on there (duh!). Apologies for my dismissiveness and I will have a listen to the tracks tomorrow because it's very late at night and my headphone batteries need charging.  :)

I have sent you a PM. At this point, I still had the thought that the only way to hear the tracks was to get hold of the album from a shop somewhere.  ::)

Please forgive me.  :\'(

As a consolation, at least I've bumped the thread up.  :D

Written By: Paul on 08/04/04 at 7:10 pm

Which is a bit handy, as I'd've missed it...!

Bobby, I think the 'cover' song you referred to earlier was 'That's The Way I Like It' - and you're quite right, it's woeful...!! Rather like how Pete Burns looks these days...!!

"Spin' was okay for it's time (one of the earliest SAW collaborations), but eventually I went for 'In Too Deep'...

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/04 at 7:57 pm

Which is a bit handy, as I'd've missed it...!

Bobby, I think the 'cover' song you referred to earlier was 'That's The Way I Like It' - and you're quite right, it's woeful...!! Rather like how Pete Burns looks these days...!!

"Spin' was okay for it's time (one of the earliest SAW collaborations), but eventually I went for 'In Too Deep'...

Thanks Paul. Yes it was 'That's the way I like it'.  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/04 at 10:06 am

Other:

MISTY CIRCLES

http://franck.cnudde.free.fr/doa.fr/promo_misty.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/04 at 3:31 pm

I know it is kind of a stupid song but I had to go with You spin me 'round. I can't help it, I like that stupid song.  :-[  I thought of it every time I saw DJMidas' old advatar.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Hairspray on 08/05/04 at 5:00 pm

I went for 'In Too Deep'...

Hey!! :o :D That's the one I picked. It's good to see a couple of other people like it too. ;)

Written By: Hairspray on 08/05/04 at 5:01 pm

Hairspray.

I am so sorry not to have looked at your link earlier. I didn't realise you could hear the tracks of the album on there (duh!). Apologies for my dismissiveness and I will have a listen to the tracks tomorrow because it's very late at night and my headphone batteries need charging.  :)

I have sent you a PM. At this point, I still had the thought that the only way to hear the tracks was to get hold of the album from a shop somewhere.  ::)

Please forgive me.  :\'(

I sent you a pm. Again, no worries. :)

Written By: jaytee on 08/06/04 at 6:48 am

I went with 'You spin me right round (like a record)'. It's the only one I know.

Me too!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/06/04 at 1:00 pm

I chose "My Heart Goes Bang," and it's followed closely behind by "Brand New Lover." I'm really, really bored with "You Spin Me 'Round (Like A Record)"....

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Whisper on 08/28/04 at 2:23 pm

Brand New Lover

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 8:31 am

Okay, so I cannot vote on this one due to my problem with Pete Burns. But I do want to share this with the forum:
  About 6 years ago, Dead or Alive (aka Pete Burns with a tour band) booked a tour around the US. What the venues involved did not know was that Pete had no intention of actually playing these shows. His "manager" contacted the clubs and tried to convince them that it was normal policy to pay the fee in advance to set the date(s). Most clubs, including the one here in Seattle, knew that this was a lie and refused to pre-pay for the gig. Others were not so lucky. The Crystal Ballroom in Portland was one of the unfortunate victims in this scam. Sure enough, there was no tour and no refunds. I also know some folks in San Francisco that had a bad concert experience years earlier. It seems that Mr. Burns went on a bit of a rant on stage about how he hates America. Hmmm...but I guess he has no problem with American money? ???

Written By: Kryllith on 09/10/04 at 12:53 pm

"Brand New Lover" for me, though I'm a big fan of "My Heart Goes Bang" and "Something in My House."

Kryllith

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 9:50 pm

Get Me to the Doctor because "My Heart Goes Bang" :)

Written By: Southern Image on 11/23/05 at 12:23 pm

"Lover, Come Back to Me"

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/23/05 at 3:02 pm

I've always been a big fan of DOA. My favorite song is definitely "Brand New Lover", but "You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record)" is an all-time 80s classic! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...