inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: movie with racoons in the oven

Written By: Victoria on 06/02/04 at 2:42 am

What movie is that where this family moves into an old run-down cabin out in the wilderness and they find a family of racoons in the oven?  I think the family also has a big St. Bernard named Stoutheart or something.  I saw it when I was a kid and I've kind of been wanting to see it again because it has one of my alltime favorite movie lines in it:  "Honey, there's someone in the oven."

Subject: Re: movie with racoons in the oven

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/02/04 at 8:14 am

Is it Summer Rental or Great Outdoors?

Written By: Victoria on 06/03/04 at 12:16 am

It's not the Great Outdoors. I just watched that last night and there were racoons, but they weren't in the oven.  Maybe it's Summer Rental. 

btw, cool name.  I do the cube too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 3:07 am

It's not the Great Outdoors. I just watched that last night and there were racoons, but they weren't in the oven.  Maybe it's Summer Rental. 

Oh, so they're not BAKING raccoons, then? OK, hmmm...it's not "Summer Rental," but I do see John Candy somewhere, maybe "The Great Outdoors."
There's a funny raccoon scene in "The Money Pit" also.  Shelly Long pulls up the Dumbwaiter and a raccoon jumps out on her.
;D
There was an episode of "Family Guy" where they join the Witness Protection Program and relocate down south.  They end up assigned to this derelict house in which a raccoon jumps out the refridgerator...repeatedly!

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/03/04 at 7:55 am

Well if I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post. Any idea of the stars in the movie? or another movie the actors were in?

I used to be much better at the cube, I am waaaaay out of practice. :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/03/04 at 11:43 am

How about Harry And The Hendersons?  Just pulling ideas out of the air.

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/03/04 at 12:42 pm

How about Harry And The Hendersons?  Just pulling ideas out of the air.
That's a good suggestion.

Check for new replies or respond here...