inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Punky Brewster DVD

Written By: Hobler on 06/03/04 at 9:10 pm

Hey Season 1 of Punky Brewster is out on DVD!   

They have interviews with the kids that played Cherie and Margeux as special features, but for some reason Solei Moon Frye (aka Punky Brewster) is nowhere to be found!  Makes no sense why the star of the TV show doesn't give an interview, unless they want to save her for the later season DVDs.

Anyway it's a good buy, and brings back some fond mid 80's memories.  The show really captured that 1984-'86 time very well.     

Subject: Re: Punky Brewster DVD

Written By: CosmicPrincess on 06/03/04 at 9:39 pm

I am sooo excited about this!!! I loved Punky when I was little, and all my friends and I would get together and watch it! I just ordered it off of Amazon. I hope they release more tv shows from the 80s on dvd!! I would love to see 'Small Wonder' and 'Mr. Belvedere' again! I loved those shows so much!!!

Peaceout,
CP

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/04/04 at 7:41 am

I would like to see it also. I liked PB growing up as well.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/04/04 at 12:31 pm

No way!  I'll have to check that out!

Written By: Hairspray on 06/04/04 at 2:43 pm

I remember shedding a tear or two during the first episode when Punky was left all alone at the food market. :'(  In fact, I remember a few episodes being quite sad before the happy endings. It was a cute show and it reflected the times very well.

I'm not sure if I'll actually get the DVD. I may get depressed all over again, except this time around, I'll probably start thinking about how old I am. :P

Written By: Howard on 06/05/04 at 10:25 am

I remember when she was on an episode of Saved By The Bell 12 years ago.She sure has changed within the last 20 years. :o

Howard

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/08/04 at 9:39 am

She was also Joey's hard-hitting girlfriend in an episode of Friends. ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/08/04 at 4:58 pm

Whatever became of the guys from Punky Brewster? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...