inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone have this CD?

Written By: Lennox_626 on 06/04/04 at 10:07 am

Does anyone have the Ultimate 80's CD? If you're not sure which one I'm talking about here is the tracklisting.

*~+~*Disc One*~+~*                                                                      *~+~*Disc Two*~+~*     
1. Queen-Under Pressure                                                                                              1. Dire Straits-Money For Nothing
2. U2-New Year's Day                                                                                                   2. Big Country-Wonderland
3. Pet Shop Boys-Is It A Sin?                                                                                         3. Billy Idol-White Wedding (Murderdolls
4. Eurythmics-Sex Crime (1984)                                                                                         did a cover of this didn't they?)
5. Frankie Goes To Hollywood-Relax                                                                                4. The Jam-Start
6. Duran Duran-Is There Something I Should Know?                                                         5. Then Jerico-Big Area
7. INXS-Need You Tonight                                                                                            6. Meat Loaf-Dead Ringer For Love
8. Elton John-I'm Still Standing                                                                                       7. Blondie-Atomic
9. Fleetwood Mac-Everywhere                                                                                       8. Wham!-I'm Your Man
10. Police-Every Breath You Take                                                                                   9. ABC-The Look Of Love
11. Chris Rea-The Road To Hell                                                                                      10. Bluebells-Young At Heart
12. Foreigner-I Want To Know What Love Is                                                                   11. Dexy's Midnight Runners-Come On
13. Robert Plant-Big Log                                                                                                    Eileen
14. Black-Wonderful Life                                                                                               12. New Order-Blue Monday (Original)
15. Paul Young-Love Of The Common People                                                                  13. Yazoo-Only You
16. Talking Heads-Road To Nowhere                                                                              14. Human League-(Keep Feeling)
17. The Teardrop Explodes-Reward                                                                                     Fascination
18. Level 42-Something About You                                                                                15. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark-
19. Culture Club-Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?                                                                  Enola Gay
20. Fine Young Cannibals-She Drives Me Crazy

There's some more on the second disc, but couldn't fit them on. Does anyone a CD with these bands on Meat Loaf, Queen, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith & Fleetwood Mac?

Subject: Re: Anyone have this CD?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/04/04 at 10:13 am

Your post is rather jumbled, but yes, I have that CD. I bought it a long time ago. I used to have The Ultimate 80's Ballads, but I got rid of it, because I don't really like a lot of ballads...and there were a lot of power ballads on it.

If you were wondering if anyone has any CD's by the bands you mentioned... Rush has almost every Queen LP. (Sorry, no CD's in this household! Well...very few. They're going quickly!) Other than that, we have Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell LP...but probably not for much longer.

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Re: Anyone have this CD?

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/06 at 9:50 pm

WOW!  That black glowing font makes it unreadable in Firefox :D

I have seen the Ultimate 80s Ballads one several times in local pawn shops, and have often thought about getting it, but then I ponder if I really wanna pay $12 - $14 for a 2 CD set of songs I already have on other CDs?  I may get both sets one day :)

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/covers/ballad3.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...