inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any fans of The Cure?

Written By: cureperry on 06/04/04 at 4:12 pm

I don't know what my life would be like if it wasn't for music from the 80s...  Especially my all-time favorite band The Cure.  Anyone  else a fan?  I can't wait for their new album to come out this month...finally after 4 long years!  My cousin interns for Universal and she sent me a link to listen to one of their songs.  Everyone should check it out:  http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/geffen/the_cure/audio/the_cure/the_end_of_the_world/00_hi.asx
I think this album is going to be one of thier best.  I love this song.  Let me know what you think.

Subject: Re: Any fans of The Cure?

Written By: Cheetara on 06/04/04 at 4:18 pm

Hell yeah!  They rock... one of my 5  :Dtop bands!

Written By: Kryllith on 06/07/04 at 9:33 am

I'm a big Cure fan, and I'm rather disappointed that a cover of Love Song is currently getting a lot of airplay in my area. If they're going to play love song, they should just play The Cure.

Kryllith

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/07/04 at 9:43 am

I'm a big Cure fan, and I'm rather disappointed that a cover of Love Song is currently getting a lot of airplay in my area. If they're going to play love song, they should just play The Cure.

Kryllith

I agree.  311's version makes me want to vomit.

Heck yeah, I love The Cure! :D 

Written By: mr.smith s on 06/07/04 at 6:39 pm

The Cure is just awesome, shaaaaaaaa-righttt

they are the best!

Written By: BlaznFattyz on 06/07/04 at 7:54 pm

the cure is cool.  i dont care too much for people copying their looks.  what if robert smith grew a beard and shaved his head?   i particularly like Catch (19-whatever) from the Kiss Me CD

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 06/07/04 at 8:35 pm

the cure is cool.  i dont care too much for people copying their looks.  what if robert smith grew a beard and shaved his head?   i particularly like Catch (1991) from the Kiss Me CD

Erm...Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me is from 1987.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/04 at 8:54 pm

I love The Cure up throught the Disintegration album, there's a few good songs on Wish.  I like all there albums prior to Wish, with the exception of the 1984 album The Top.  That one just didn't do it for me.  My two favorites are:
Japanese Whispers and
The Head on the Door
I doubt the forthcoming CD will be anything remarkable, but on the other hand it can't be worse than Wild Mood Swings!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 06/07/04 at 9:29 pm

i'm not a huge fan but i'm definitly pro-cure.

a good cover of 'love song' is by the goth/industrial group, snake river conspiracy.

Written By: eightiesfan on 06/08/04 at 7:39 am

One of The Cure's concert performances was featured on the show Pepsi Smash this past week.

Written By: Alana on 07/22/04 at 8:33 pm

II agree, 311 sucked at singing and fell flat on their ass trying to sound like Robert!!!

WHAT THE !@#$ WERE THEY EVEN THINKING!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/23/04 at 2:15 pm

Been a Cure fan since the early 80's. Faith & Seventeen Seconds are some of my favorite albums.
Though I have to admit, I mostly like the Cure from "Kiss Me" back. IMO Robert Smith said all he had to say by that time, everything else seems like he was repeating himself after that, Disentegration is very good but wasn't anything new for them at the time. Maybe the new album will surprise me.

I love The Cure up throught the Disintegration album, there's a few good songs on Wish.  I like all there albums prior to Wish, with the exception of the 1984 album The Top.  That one just didn't do it for me. 

Didn't like The Top? ??? Its a great album, you can hear Robert Smith losing his mind in the lyrics, its a completely physcotic collection of tunes, almost scary. I love it.

Written By: sean on 02/05/05 at 2:59 pm

i play in a Cure cover band called The Blood.  We are located in the San Fernando Valley in the Los Angeles area.  For us to play your party, email me or call 818-324-9883.  Also, we're interested in finding a new drummer who is over 21.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/05/05 at 3:07 pm

i play in a Cure cover band called The Blood.  We are located in the San Fernando Valley in the Los Angeles area.  For us to play your party, email me or call 818-324-9883.  Also, we're interested in finding a new drummer who is over 21.

Er... Well, I know a drummer who lives basically in your area and he's definitely over 21, but not sure what he thinks of The Cure. He's had several years of experience, and has had several stints in bands, including one that was rather popular!!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: bendergoonie1988 on 02/05/05 at 5:46 pm

the cure is BUZZ HYPE man.
me loves them.
especially just like heaven...
;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/05/05 at 5:55 pm

the cure is BUZZ HYPE man.
me loves them.
especially just like heaven...
;D

Er... Could you repeat that back in English? Does that mean you like them??

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ralfy on 06/26/16 at 10:22 am

"How The Cure endures: This is how a band turns 40 with style"

https://www.salon.com/2016/06/24/how_the_cure_endures_this_is_how_a_band_turns_40_with_style/

Check for new replies or respond here...