inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone name this song?

Written By: betjeman on 06/10/04 at 7:29 am

Hi there, hope someone can help as this is driving me mad!

Can anyone name the song, an 80s hit in the UK, where a woman in space is talking to an answerphone or something on earth and the chorus is something like "connection has not been made"... or something. I don't have any specifics but I remember the girl was wearing silver, and she was talking on a red telephone.

If you can name the band and song title (lyrics would be fantastic!) you make me a very happy camper..

Subject: Re: Can anyone name this song?

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/10/04 at 7:42 am

Sounds like it could be a song by Laurie Anderson.  ???

Written By: Paul on 06/10/04 at 7:44 am

It sounds suspiciously like 'Clouds Across The Moon' by The Rah Band - a top ten hit in early 1985...lyrics? Certainly...!

http://www.tabs-lyrics.com/Rah-Band--Clouds-Across-The-Moon-lyric-printable.html

One of my many 'skeletons in the closet' this one...I've still got the thing on 12-inch festering away somewheres...

Written By: betjeman on 06/10/04 at 7:53 am

It sounds suspiciously like 'Clouds Across The Moon' by The Rah Band - a top ten hit in early 1985...lyrics? Certainly...!

http://www.tabs-lyrics.com/Rah-Band--Clouds-Across-The-Moon-lyric-printable.html

One of my many 'skeletons in the closet' this one...I've still got the thing on 12-inch festering away somewheres...

Perfect! That's the one :) That's been stopping me working for the last few hours :)

Check for new replies or respond here...