inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calvin and Hobbs

Written By: Class of 84 on 06/17/04 at 11:34 pm

Nothing reminds me of the 80's like good old Calvin and hobbs. The best comic strip EVER. Why did he have to go? :\'(

The first one i ever seen in the paper made me laugh hysterically, where he asked his dad why he lived with his mom instead of two scantily clad women, then complains that he asks a simple question and get's his priviledges revoked. :D

Subject: Re: Calvin and Hobbs

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/17/04 at 11:54 pm

My little comment in my profile ( <-- over on the left there) used to be "Now it's too deep" in reference to a scene of Calvin in the bath, but this comment was TREACHEROUSLY used against me and I REVOKED it in a manoeuvre purely in SELF-DEFENSE. :D (Actually, nothing as dramatic as that - the board was upgraded so I changed avatars and changed my comment to match :) )

Subject: Re: Calvin and Hobbes

Written By: nally on 06/22/04 at 6:31 pm

Nothing reminds me of the 80's like good old Calvin and hobbs. The best comic strip EVER. Why did he have to go? :\'(

I think Bill Watterson just decided to call it quits in 1995. By the way, it's spelled Hobbes. Just so you know. ;) By the way, it was one of my favorite comic strips too.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/04 at 6:57 pm

Family Circus is also gone as well BUT in the Sunday Comics now you will find them.

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/04 at 4:58 pm

Family Circus is also gone as well BUT in the Sunday Comics now you will find them.

Howard

Yeah, but Bil Keane ran out of ideas in 1956!
I'm a big Calvin and Hobbes fan myself.  Watterson followed Gary Larson's lead.  When you've got something great, quit while you're ahead!  Same goes for Berkeley (sp?) Breathed of "Bloom County."

Written By: Deanna on 11/15/04 at 9:30 pm

WOOOOOYEAAAA GO CALVIN AND HOBBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
CALVIN AND HOBBS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!! ;D
SOMEONE MAKE THEM COME BACK!!!  :\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/15/04 at 9:35 pm

Calvin and Hobbes rock! I miss them alot...  :\'(

Written By: karen on 11/16/04 at 5:08 am

I was at a guest lecture last week being given by Simon Singh (author of some 'popular' science books).  He was talking about the Big Bang and looking at the history of the development of the idea.  One thing he talked about was alternative names for it and his favourite was from Calvin and Hobbes.  Can't remember the exact phrase something like "super massive kablooey"  The abbreviation was used in some scientific papers published at the time.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/16/04 at 9:32 am

I think it was the "Horrendous Space Kablooie".

Written By: karen on 11/17/04 at 9:37 am

I think it was the "Horrendous Space Kablooie".

sounds more like it.

Written By: RojoP on 11/18/04 at 11:58 pm

Bill Watterson was the guest speaker at my sister inlaws graduation ceremony at Kenyon College about 10 years ago.

I am proud to say that I was a Calvin and Hobbes fan. 

Check for new replies or respond here...