inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think Michael Jackson will be found guilty or innocent?

Written By: eightiesfan on 06/18/04 at 8:26 am

I'm a bit undecided on this one - on the one hand, a jury will likely want to acquit him if they can, but if the prosecution presents a strong enough case, who knows?

Subject: Re: Do you think Michael Jackson will be found guilty or innocent?

Written By: bj26 on 06/18/04 at 11:07 am

Michael will have the best defense money can buy, however, this will not gaurantee him a win. The blunders of the prosecution will help his chances of achieving an innocence verdict.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 06/18/04 at 12:16 pm

I don't care.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/18/04 at 12:48 pm

I voted that I wasn't sure.  I mean, they are dealing with some really fancy lawyers down there...and I'm not sure myself about his guilt or innocence.  If they were only punishing people for being "wierd", he'd win that hands down.  But, I think when it comes to molesting little boys, well...I wasn't convinced in 93, and I'm not convinced now.
Overall, I think there is just too much money involved there to not question the motives of the people involved.  :-[

Written By: Marian on 06/18/04 at 3:52 pm

I voted that I wasn't sure.  I mean, they are dealing with some really fancy lawyers down there...and I'm not sure myself about his guilt or innocence.  If they were only punishing people for being "wierd", he'd win that hands down.  But, I think when it comes to molesting little boys, well...I wasn't convinced in 93, and I'm not convinced now.
Overall, I think there is just too much money involved there to not question the motives of the people involved.  :-[
:o :o :oI agree with your last sentence.In the 93 case,the father was thousands of dollars in debt,and when the settlement was made,he got lots of money.I know the father figured Michael jackson wouldn't want the case dragged out in court.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/04 at 5:12 pm

Guilty! >:(

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/21/04 at 11:32 am

Do I think he is guilty? No, never have.

Do I think he will be found guilty?  Yes, because our society does punish for being weird.  And the thing about the money, that is indeed true.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/21/04 at 11:43 am

I could care less.  Why?  Because it doesn't matter if he did it or not, he's a celebrity & they don't have to abide by the laws.  So it doesn't make a difference if we think he's guilty or not.  And IF he's found guilty it will be a cake sentence anyway...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/21/04 at 3:32 pm

I could care less.  Why?  Because it doesn't matter if he did it or not, he's a celebrity & they don't have to abide by the laws.  So it doesn't make a difference if we think he's guilty or not.  And IF he's found guilty it will be a cake sentence anyway...
I agree wit thatexcept I'd like to add that I still hope the little flit-boy gets his comeupance.....

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/21/04 at 3:41 pm

Don't care.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 06/21/04 at 3:49 pm

He lied about not having any plastic surgery so it fits that he lied about molesting children. If he IS guilty I hope they convict him so he can't harm any others.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/04 at 5:23 pm

Guilty.  Remember the first molestation case, where they took pictures of Michael's nads?

Well an investigator who was involved in that whole thing was on TV the other night.  He said that, indeed, Michael bleaches his skin (no skin disease) and the bleach left his 'nads with sort of a tie-dyed effect.

That is how the kid was able to describe Jacko's 'nads in detail.

Any grown man who had 'nads that can be described in great detail by a 12-year-old kid has to have been up to no good.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/21/04 at 8:29 pm

He said that, indeed, Michael bleaches his skin (no skin disease) and the bleach left his 'nads with sort of a tie-dyed effect.

omg!  That is NASTY! ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 8:33 pm

Don't even care if he's guilty or not. >:(

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 06/21/04 at 8:53 pm

omg!  That is NASTY! ;D

It is, but after that description I want to see a pic...how sad is that? ;D

I think he will be found guilty, but I am not convinced he is.  Maybe I am a little Pollyannaish, but I just can't see him molesting children.  :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/22/04 at 5:12 pm

It is, but after that description I want to see a pic...how sad is that? ;D

I think he will be found guilty, but I am not convinced he is.  Maybe I am a little Pollyannaish, but I just can't see him molesting children.  :-\\
Maybe that's because he denies it....just like the non-existent "Plastic Surgeries"..... ::)

Written By: Steve2891 on 06/22/04 at 10:34 pm

i think he's guilty, but will be found innocent, unless it's airtight.

Written By: Gis on 06/23/04 at 4:29 am

Well I have to say I've never been a fan and I do think he has SERIOUS mental problems.I think even his music has got worse as he's got older and more weird.
A few weeks ago my nephew was running round with one glove on and I said to him you look like Michael Jackson and he said 'Who?' and I thought lets keep it that way !

Written By: philbo on 06/23/04 at 4:36 am

A few weeks ago my nephew was running round with one glove on and I said to him you look like Michael Jackson and he said 'Who?' and I thought lets keep it that way !

Result!

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/23/04 at 7:22 am

I think he will be found innocent (even though I think he's guilty) just because he is a celebrity, and therefore, above the law. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/23/04 at 3:45 pm

Maybe I am a little Pollyannaish, but I just can't see him molesting children.  :-\\

That's just the point.  It is what child molesters count on.

NOBODY would leave their kids with someone they suspected of being a child molester.  That's how molesters get access to kids.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 06/23/04 at 4:56 pm

I think he will go to jail and stay there. >:(

Howard

Written By: Sentimentalist on 06/24/04 at 5:53 pm

He'll be found guilty.  No where in our court system does the law allow an " innocent" verdict.  The law only allows for guilty and not guilty.  Innocence is impossible for a jury to determine.
God lyk!

Written By: Howard on 06/24/04 at 6:11 pm

If he is to be found guilty it will be a sad day in Music History like anyone really cares anymore. ::) >:(

Howard

Written By: mjcan on 10/21/05 at 2:20 pm

Guilty! >:(

Howard

He is innocent... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
And i think about u  >:( >:( >:(

Written By: pell on 10/22/05 at 1:00 am

Not knowing all the details, I personally think whether he's actually guilty or not depends on how you define "molestation." And I think that will be the deciding factor, depending on what kind of jury he gets.

I'm not convinced that he actually had sexual involvement with any kids, but he's definitely put himself in the gray area with some of the things he's done. A man of his age and reputation should know better than to have underage boys in his bed, regardless of the circumstances, especially in this day and age.

I think the jury needs to keep in mind that he is in a vulnerable position when it comes to people making claims against him. They also need to remember that even if he seems to be inclined to a certain "persuasion" to put it nicely ... a persuasion and an act are not the same thing.

As for the bleached testicles thing, it is possible that he told the kid about the discoloration, laughing about the side effects of the treatments he's going through. That is something a guy might tell another guy without any misconduct intended. If he actually allowed the kid to see it for himself, even if it was coming out of the shower or something, that's kind of pushing the envelope in today's society and would hurt him in the trial. I remember a time when people of the same sex, regardless of their ages, could see each other naked or talk about personal things without homosexual or pedophilia charges being filed left and right, but we don't live in those days anymore.

Edit: Re-reading my last statement, I also remember a time when people used to get away with molestation more than they do now, so it's kind of a trade-off.

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/23/05 at 1:36 am

>:( When I was a young girl I liked his music..but I have been following his case very closely...He obviously has some very serious problems...you do NOT sleep with young boys in your bed...as a parent..If they are scared of a storm or a nightmare...I can  see your own children sleeping with thier parents because thay are scared...I just got cut off...someone is monitoring my posts..and I got chewed out..If its your 80s site....I will NEVER post again..FREEDOM of SPEECH..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/23/05 at 12:55 pm

>:( When I was a young girl I liked his music..but I have been following his case very closely...He obviously has some very serious problems...you do NOT sleep with young boys in your bed...as a parent..If they are scared of a storm or a nightmare...I can  see your own children sleeping with thier parents because thay are scared...I just got cut off...someone is monitoring my posts..and I got chewed out..If its your 80s site....I will NEVER post again..FREEDOM of SPEECH..

that's really odd...what did they say to you? Do you remember their screen name?

Erin :)

Written By: pell on 10/26/05 at 11:11 pm

Do you mean you got cut off while typing your message?! I wouldn't think anyone at the site would be able to see this until you hit "Post". If you're serious and not joking, maybe it was someone on your end (were you at work when you were posting?) and not at the site, but I wouldn't know of course. As Erin said, that is really odd.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 11:33 am

Just caught a guest viewing this topic, and fear this subject will rise again with the current television program already broadcast in the US and tonight on UK television.

Written By: Elor on 03/06/19 at 11:48 am

Just caught a guest viewing this topic, and fear this subject will rise again with the current television program already broadcast in the US and tonight on UK television.
This might be a stupid question but where do I see what guests are viewing? ???

Written By: nally on 03/06/19 at 11:50 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=who

This link is also available on the bottom-left corner of the Homepage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 11:51 am

Here, when you look at the Users Online section on the bottom of the Home Page, click on where is states Guests, and Users.

=http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=who5 Guests, 6 Users (2 Buddies, 1 Hidden)
Users active in past 5 minutes:
Philip Eno, nally, bchris02, SpyroKev, SmartBo1

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 11:52 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=who

This link is also available on the bottom-left corner of the Homepage.
O0

Written By: nally on 03/06/19 at 11:56 am

O0

I actually discovered that on my own when the SMF version of this site began service 15 years ago next month.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 11:58 am

I actually discovered that on my own when the SMF version of this site began service 15 years ago next month.
The same for me, I just clicked on anything when I started here (it will be 15 years in May).

Written By: nally on 03/06/19 at 12:03 pm

The same for me, I just clicked on anything when I started here (it will be 15 years in May).

Great! Yeah, sometimes I learn things like this on my own.

For the record, that feature wasn't on the old version of the board (which I registered on in February of '04). I do remember, however, that it was kinda slow compared to what we have now.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/19 at 2:48 pm

You mean "Finding Neverland"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 2:52 pm

You mean "Finding Neverland"?
That's the one, I am recording it to watch on a later day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/19 at 1:11 pm

That's the one, I am recording it to watch on a later day.
I have now seen this program, and in my view it was a mad for money program, with obvious direction of sympathy for the two then boys (now grown up) that were in court, in which one testified, and the other declined. If any crime had taken place was by Wade Robson by committing perjury by lying in court.

It is still now an open question about MJ and his private life, and the answer may not be now known. 

Check for new replies or respond here...