inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sunglasses from 16 candles

Written By: Mantis3024 on 06/19/04 at 8:30 pm

In the movie 16 candles, theres the scene at the dance and a kid is wearing these rectangle sunglasses. Does anyone know where i can get a pair? Its a thin 1-piece lens thats a rectangle and extends over the nose like cyclops from x-men. I've been looking everywhere and had no luck.

Subject: Re: sunglasses from 16 candles

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/21/04 at 12:21 pm

I used to have a pair of those. Very sci-fi looking. I think they were called visor sunglasses or possible wrap around sunglasses. Typically they had a metallis/mirror outer shade.

Written By: Mantis3024 on 06/23/04 at 5:10 pm

thnx, I tried looking them up but cant find them. Do you know where I can get a pair?

Written By: Aimee on 07/04/04 at 6:19 pm

Try this website, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. They sell glasses close to what you described, and its really inexpensive for a dozen. I own that movie so I can watch it and look for it. Or go to www.ebay.com and type in 1980 sunglasses, a few things will come up ;)

Aimee

http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=83/103&mode=Searching&searchDestinationJSP=/search/searchMain.jsp&erec=31&D=glasses&Ipp=45&No=180&event=button.search&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&namespace=search&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntt=glasses&N=0&origin=searchMain.jsp&Ntk=all

Check for new replies or respond here...