inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: pee-wee's playhouse

Written By: cornwallis on 06/21/04 at 10:31 am

I found an update of the DVD release of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

According to www.comingsoon.net, they show a tentative release date of November 30.  Hooray!!!!  Just in time for the holidays!!!

---cornwallis

Subject: Re: pee-wee's playhouse

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/21/04 at 11:41 am

I asked my husband the other day if he thought we should get this for our son...he's probably to young now but maybe later.  We both liked the show...even though the dude is a freak!

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 8:44 pm

Pee Wee was always freaky on his show.I sometimes used to watch his Playhouse every Saturday. ;D

Howard

Written By: scoobydude on 07/10/04 at 10:28 pm

Freaks are cool!  And Pee-Wee and his production crew were amazing :D

Written By: mooonchild on 07/10/04 at 11:46 pm

I loved PeeWee's Playhouse! It was my Saturday morning guilty pleasure in my 20's...loved sitting on the couch watching the Playhouse gang and eating KaBoom cereal. That was truly a mark of adulthood and independence!! I got the complete video set as soon as it was released, and my son has watched them often. What a legacy!
I don't really care what PeeWee has done with his private life. He's a creative genius, and all of his movies and shows are fun. Just wish I'd bought more of those little Playhouse dolls from KMart before they pulled them off the shelves. They were wicked cool!!

Written By: scoobydude on 07/11/04 at 10:45 am

I loved PeeWee's Playhouse! It was my Saturday morning guilty pleasure in my 20's...loved sitting on the couch watching the Playhouse gang and eating KaBoom cereal.

Sounds exactly like me.  I love Kaboom! cereal... but it made your crap turn green. ::)

I had a talking Pee-Wee doll that I kept in the box for years and sold with a bunch of my other 80's toys on ebay back in December.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 1:09 pm

http://members.tripod.com/~Pweee/Picts/53.jpg

Pee Wee was such a funny character.I always wondered where the hell does he go at the end of his show when he's riding his bike out his studio?  ;D

Howard

Written By: scoobydude on 07/11/04 at 1:21 pm

http://members.tripod.com/~Pweee/Picts/53.jpg

Pee Wee was such a funny character.I always wondered where the hell does he go at the end of his show when he's riding his bike out his studio?  ;D

Howard

He goes home... that's just his playhouse...

Written By: Howard on 07/11/04 at 1:31 pm

I liked when he made Ice Cream Soup with a bowl of melted Chocolate Ice Cream. :D

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 07/11/04 at 4:11 pm

I liked when he made Ice Cream Soup with a bowl of melted Chocolate Ice Cream. :D

Howard

How about the one where he loved fruit salad so much, everyone said "then why don't ya marry it?" So they had a wedding with Pee Wee marrying the fruit salad! Funny stuff!! :D

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 8:01 pm

How about the one where he loved fruit salad so much, everyone said "then why don't ya marry it?" So they had a wedding with Pee Wee marrying the fruit salad! Funny stuff!! :D

Yeah,He always said "So,Why don't you marry it"? His objects always had a bridal dress they wore and married it. ;D

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/12/04 at 9:39 pm

I love Kaboom! cereal... but it made your crap turn green. ::)

Hmm.  Ive just been wondering the last couple days why my daughter has been pooping green.  Now Ive made the connection that shes been eating Kaboom at her moms all last week.

Written By: Aimee on 07/19/04 at 4:03 pm

all I have to say is.............Meka Leka High, Meka Hidie Ho!!!

LOVE PEE WEE!!!

Do u know how many celebs were on there, remember Lawrence Fishburn???????
:D

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 07/19/04 at 5:19 pm

CONNECT THE DOTS LA LA LA LA!

I don't have any kids but I might get it just for kicks.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/19/04 at 6:55 pm

I never liked the show that much....... But I was a fan of the movies.

Big Top Pee Wee and Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Written By: Howard on 07/19/04 at 8:26 pm

all I have to say is.............Meka Leka High, Meka Hidie Ho!!!

LOVE PEE WEE!!!

Do u know how many celebs were on there, remember Lawrence Fishburn???????
:D

Jambi was such a comedian.I loved his humor.  ;D

http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics3/pee17.jpg

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/23/04 at 11:01 pm

I loved the show!

Cowboy Curtis are you in the matrix?

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 9:14 am

To this day, I still use my all-time favorite secret word as a "password" for my husband to remember...ZYZZYBALOOBA (did i spell that right?)! My friends and I made every secret word last the whole week, so even when we were in public, if somebody said it we had to scream. Ahhh, to be a teenager screaming in public for no apparent reason. I loved Phil Hartman as Captain Karl and the theme song sung by Cyndi Lauper!

Subject: pee-wee's playhouse

Written By: Erin on 06/03/05 at 9:20 am

I know this topic is kinda old, but I am hoping one of you might come across my reply anyhow....

You all are very knowledgeable about PeeWee's playhouse, which was one of our family's favorites on Saturday AM too.  My friends and I are into 80's trivia, and I have a trivia question that has been just burning a hole in my brain and I would so appreciate it if anyone could help me...

The bike  PeeWee rode at the end of each episode, did it have a name?  If so, what was it? 

If you can tell me the answer I thank you so very much.  Even if you can't, I appreciate you reading this message...

Sincerely,
Erin

Check for new replies or respond here...