inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help! What is the Karate Kid hairstlye called?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 06/21/04 at 12:39 pm

This is kinda embarrassing for me to ask this, because I grew up in the 80s and I should know this, but I don't.  Well, I was kinda young at the time though.  Anyway I've always wondered what this young men's hairstyle was that is from around the early-mid 80s.  I think it was especially popular in 1982-'85. 

I don't know what to call it, but all the bad guys from The Karate Kid  had some variation of this haircut.  It was a cheesy style that the main bad guy Johnny had, and the sympathetic bad guy Bobby had a different fluffy permed style, but it was also very popular around then.  I think Alex P. Keaton sported this hairdo during the first half of Family Ties, and I think the guys in Duran Duran had it.  You guys that went to high school or colllege in the early-mid 80s know exactly what I'm talking about!  I believe it went out of style around 1986. 

So tell me what to call it besides, "the Karate Kid haircut".   ;) 

Subject: Re: Please help! What is the Karate Kid hairstlye called?

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/21/04 at 2:12 pm

Are you referring to the bowl cut. B/c it look like you put a bowl on your head and cut the hair that wasn't covereed.  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...