inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The WEATHER CHANNEL..when did it debut nationally?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/29/04 at 10:11 pm

When was The Weather Channel started..and by whom? I remember our cable system got it around 1984 or 85. I remember the Local Forecast(now called Local on the 8's)being just text-based,at least on our system it was until 1990 when Sammons (now Comcast) upgraded the Weather Star system which was used so the local forecast,radars,and warnings could be shown on the screen with both text and graphics. When did your cable or sattellite system add TWC to it's lineup? Do you find it helpful?

Subject: Re: The WEATHER CHANNEL..when did it debut nationally?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/04 at 5:40 am

A friend of mine believes New Gingrich had liasons with most of the cute female weather casters, as the WC is based in Atlanta, but I don't want to invite politics here.

Subject: Re: The WEATHER CHANNEL..when did it debut nationally?

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/30/04 at 7:53 pm

I haven't really watched the Weather Channel much since "Storm Stories" takes most of the prime time there now. Plus Christina Abernathy's air time was reduced. But it is still helpful as far as locating severe weather and travel forecasting. My favorite weather babe besides Christina is Melissa Barrington, since she wears the shortest skirts in history. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...