inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Richard Marx

Written By: Tbullsr on 06/30/04 at 4:55 pm

Anyone hear the new single from him? It's called 'When you're gone' I think it's really good.
You can hear it at Richardmarx.com

Tim
RATT-n-ROLL

Subject: Re: Richard Marx

Written By: AL-B on 06/30/04 at 7:30 pm

I never was a huge Richard Marx fan, but I was at a Cubs game at Wrigley about 5 years ago and he sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch, which I thought was pretty cool.  :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/30/04 at 7:30 pm

I will check it out..I love Richard Marx.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/30/04 at 7:33 pm

Your right...the song is good!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/30/04 at 7:42 pm

http://www.richardmarxonline.com/web/images/picgallery/rmgray_small.jpg

whoa so cute!

Written By: zcrito on 06/30/04 at 9:45 pm

His 1989, "Satisfied" was always worth a listen. 8)

:)

Written By: Doc Brown on 06/30/04 at 11:09 pm

Did anyone besides me think they were listening to a woman singing when they first heard, "Don't Mean Nothin'"? Great voice, but we haven't heard from him since "At The Beginning", in 1997. Personally, my favorite of his songs was either "Should've Known Better" or "Endless Summer Nights".

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/01/04 at 6:38 am

A friend of mine went to see him in concert last summer.  She was surprised (as well as I was) to find out that Richard Marx co wrote Dance With My Father with Luther Vandross.  Some people requested he do the song but he said that he couldn't do it justice the way Vandross could.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 07/01/04 at 9:37 am

I know he was also working with NSYNC and writing songs for one of their last albums.

Written By: Tbullsr on 07/01/04 at 12:05 pm

A friend of mine went to see him in concert last summer.  She was surprised (as well as I was) to find out that Richard Marx co wrote Dance With My Father with Luther Vandross.  Some people requested he do the song but he said that he couldn't do it justice the way Vandross could.

I didn't know that. That is quite a good song.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/01/04 at 12:16 pm

I never was a huge Richard Marx fan, but I was at a Cubs game at Wrigley about 5 years ago and he sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch, which I thought was pretty cool.  :)

Oh yeah, I forgot that Richard Marx was from Chicago.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/01/04 at 12:18 pm

I've always liked Richard Marx's music.  My favorite songs by him are "Don't Mean Nothing" and "Angelia".  8)

Written By: lizjagger on 04/07/06 at 2:55 pm

I love Richard Marx. "Endless Summer Nights" is my favourite song of his. It reminds me of my husband.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/07/06 at 10:36 pm

I used to really dig Richard Marx....I liked, "Right Here Waiting"....and "Children of the Night" the best.

Written By: Tarot1996 on 04/18/06 at 1:21 pm

Richard Marx was/is great. Gotta love that voice. I keep a lot of music on my HDD cause I take my laptop with me everywhere and a good set of headphones. I can't think of any songs I didn't really like out of Marx.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/18/06 at 7:40 pm

I also liked "Should've Known Better" and also that song that he made a video for around 1990 or 1991. It featured him at the Oakland Coliseum when the A's were at their height. It had some A's players in it. I thought that was SO RAD  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...