inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New george michael song?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/30/04 at 7:34 pm

Anyone heard "Amazing" by George Michael?  I like it! :D

Subject: Re: New george michael song?

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/30/04 at 7:36 pm

Energy FM in Phoenix plays the Full Intention Mix in medium rotation.  Good tune. :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/30/04 at 7:44 pm

Energy FM in Phoenix plays the Full Intention Mix in medium rotation.  Good tune. :)

Phoenix has great radio stations unlike where I live in houston.  I'm originally from Flagstaff, AZ.

Written By: scoobydude on 07/05/04 at 8:03 pm

I think that and "Flawless" are the hippest songs on the album, but GM comes out dropping the F-word all over the place.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/04 at 1:06 am

I thought that old hack said he was retiring!
???

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/06/04 at 11:04 am

Anyone heard "Amazing" by George Michael?  I like it! :D

No. Where can I hear it?

Written By: migi on 07/08/04 at 1:31 am

Amazing has been a quite big hit in Europe. I think it was top 5 on MTV's European top 20. Although that didn't surprise me 'cos nowadays pop music is really lame(=rmb,hiphop).

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/08/04 at 10:12 am

-- Got this off of msn today --

Fans Slam George Michael in His Chat Room 

LONDON - Pop singer George Michael might have expected some praise from adoring fans when he set up a chat room on his Web site.

Instead, contributors complained the 41-year-old looked old and overweight and criticized his recent music, prompting the singer to announce Thursday he is shutting down the forum.

In a message posted on his site, Michael said the negativity was bad for him, his fans and his music.

"There are plenty of places to read people slagging each other off, but I wasn't trying to create one in opening the forum," he wrote. "Those of you that want to carry on the media's work will have to do it somewhere else I suppose."

He signed off: "Sorry guys, but that's the way it goes... Peace and Love...or nothing at all."

The decision prompted a flurry of postings, mostly from supportive fans asking the singer to reconsider.

However, a few deemed the decision unfair and George a "control freak."

"It's a fans' forum, it's freedom of speech and I don't think it's down to George to take his ball home and say `I'm not playing any more,'" one fan wrote.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/08/04 at 2:12 pm

-- Got this off of msn today --

Fans Slam George Michael in His Chat Room 

LONDON - Pop singer George Michael might have expected some praise from adoring fans when he set up a chat room on his Web site.

Instead, contributors complained the 41-year-old looked old and overweight and criticized his recent music, prompting the singer to announce Thursday he is shutting down the forum.

In a message posted on his site, Michael said the negativity was bad for him, his fans and his music.

"There are plenty of places to read people slagging each other off, but I wasn't trying to create one in opening the forum," he wrote. "Those of you that want to carry on the media's work will have to do it somewhere else I suppose."

He signed off: "Sorry guys, but that's the way it goes... Peace and Love...or nothing at all."

The decision prompted a flurry of postings, mostly from supportive fans asking the singer to reconsider.

However, a few deemed the decision unfair and George a "control freak."

"It's a fans' forum, it's freedom of speech and I don't think it's down to George to take his ball home and say `I'm not playing any more,'" one fan wrote.

I heard about that.

Check for new replies or respond here...