inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Would Like Some Information On Sly Fox.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/06/04 at 11:29 am

I really enjoy Sly Fox's song "Let's Go All The Way."  Are Sly Fox albums out of print?  I've been looking for some CDs by him and can't really find any.  Also, I couldn't find much info on the Internet.  I have the feeling some of you people on the site can help and give me some info on Sly Fox.  Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: I Would Like Some Information On Sly Fox.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/06/04 at 12:17 pm

Hi lebeiw,

I don't have any information on albums, but I can tell you that Sly Fox is not one guy...it's two!  Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and Michael Camacho make up the duo.

"Let's Go All The Way" was their only (Top 40) hit in the U.S. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/06/04 at 12:24 pm

I just found this site and it says that they album which includes 'Let's Go All The Way' is out of print.  :-\\

http://www.duke.edu/~tmc/motherpage/albums_noncore/alb-slyfox_alltheway.html

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/06/04 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for your help CF!  I'll have to try to see if I can find that album used.  Too bad it's out of print. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/06/04 at 4:48 pm

Didn't they have anymore hits after"Let's Go All The Way"?

Howard

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/06/04 at 7:26 pm

If you're just looking for that song on CD, it's available on quite a few compilations.  Just go to www.allmusic.com & search for Sly Fox.

If you want the entire album, then Ebay might be your best bet. :)

Written By: Rush on 07/06/04 at 8:35 pm

My question would be why?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/06/04 at 9:00 pm

Theres a place online (or at least there used to be, havent checked in a few years) called www.outofprintmusic.com and they might have it.  I got a few cds from them that were out of print and that I could not find anywhere else at all.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/06/04 at 9:33 pm

If you're just looking for that song on CD, it's available on quite a few compilations.  Just go to www.allmusic.com & search for Sly Fox.

If you want the entire album, then Ebay might be your best bet. :)

I have the song on CD, I just wanted an album with their other stuff on it.  I tried eBay but it only had vinyl. :-\\  Thanks though.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/06/04 at 9:34 pm

My question would be why?

Because I like their sound.

Written By: Paul on 07/07/04 at 3:19 pm

I have the song on CD, I just wanted an album with their other stuff on it.  I tried eBay but it only had vinyl. :-\\  Thanks though.

That may well be your only option, lebiew...they did release an album (called 'Let's Go All The Way', funnily enough...) but I don't think it ever got graced with a CD release - CDs were just creeping into the mainstream at the time, and only the established acts were being catered for...

I'm not aware of any other albums they may have recorded...

And, as they are tagged with the dreaded 'One Hit Wonder' status, I don't think there's ever been any demand for a retrospective of any kind...

You'd better dust off that turntable...!

Written By: Bobby on 07/07/04 at 5:44 pm

That beat box bass sound they did was great. I don't think I have heard anything like that since. The lyrics were pretty good as well if I remember right:

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/slyfox.htm

Written By: prettypete on 07/08/04 at 11:45 pm

i actually have the album and last i checked was still in great condition (for an album). i remember it was a slightly longer version than what the radio played of lets go... i also like the song "merry go round".

Written By: prettypete on 07/08/04 at 11:54 pm

i forgot to mention i also have the 12" single to let's go... it has a cool extended blix mix. i still prefer the album version though.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/09/04 at 11:16 am

my brother bought it on cassette, and I think it made it into my collection.  I should check my sources and see if I know anyone who has it ripped already.  I doubt the cassette was well cared for (my brother never was good at taking care of his music), but worse case scenario is that I could do a rip of it (I'm set up for vinyl and cassette ripping).

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/09/04 at 11:20 am

my brother bought it on cassette, and I think it made it into my collection.  I should check my sources and see if I know anyone who has it ripped already.  I doubt the cassette was well cared for (my brother never was good at taking care of his music), but worse case scenario is that I could do a rip of it (I'm set up for vinyl and cassette ripping).

That would be awesome.

Thank you for your info everybody.

Check for new replies or respond here...