inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Duran Duran - Sunrise ?

Written By: migi on 07/08/04 at 2:54 am

I heard this song and it should be a new single from Duran Duran. It's great, but I haven't found it on any charts yet. Has it been released as a single or is it just a "warm-up" for upcoming album in October? :o

Subject: Re: New Duran Duran - Sunrise ?

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/08/04 at 7:02 am

I heard this song and it should be a new single from Duran Duran. It's great, but I haven't found it on any charts yet. Has it been released as a single or is it just a "warm-up" for upcoming album in October? :o

No, it hasn't been released as a single yet. But it should when the new album comes out in the fall.

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/08/04 at 8:06 am

No, it hasn't been released as a single yet. But it should when the new album comes out in the fall.
Can not wait!!!  :D

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/08/04 at 12:06 pm

Don't know if it's actually been released as a single in the U.S., but the Jason Nevins mix has been getting quite a bit of airplay for months here.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/08/04 at 2:06 pm

Don't know if it's actually been released as a single in the U.S., but the Jason Nevins mix has been getting quite a bit of airplay for months here.

No, it's not out as a single yet but it will be when the new album comes out.

Written By: Hairspray on 07/09/04 at 9:44 am

So is it good, Midas? Scale 1-5

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/09/04 at 11:14 am

it's on the Queer Eye for The Straight Guy Soundtrack.  The remix anyways. 

DD2 will have their new album released in October.

There's also another singles CD box set coming out, that picks up where the last one left off.  EMI is clearly trying to capitilatize on their back catalog while there's still a buzz due to their 25th anniversary reunion tour.  All I know, is I finally get some stuff on CD that's strictly vinyl only up until now (Burning the Ground, Yo Bad Aziizia)  which will be quite cool.  1986-1995 is the range this time.  After that, I guess we're going to be on our own, since the boys started jumping on to different labels.

Written By: Kryllith on 08/25/04 at 4:11 pm

Just heard it coming home today. It's pretty decent, though I like the refrain better than the rest of the song. I don't know; I think it's something about Simon's voice. He seems to have done a shift in it somewhere around the time of the wedding album which has lingered in and out of the albums since then. There doesn't seem to be much of it on the songs that got airplay, either from the wedding album or from Medazzaland, but various other album tracks tend to have it, and it's on the new song though it seems to disappear at the beginning of the rephrain. Anyone else know what I'm talking about or am I flapping my lips in vain?

Kryllith

Written By: ferrisb on 08/26/04 at 1:29 pm

Under what record label?

Written By: Anal T. Johnson on 09/12/04 at 11:17 pm

All I know, is I finally get some stuff on CD that's strictly vinyl only up until now (Burning the Ground, Yo Bad Aziizia)

Burning the Ground was released on CD as a UK single in 1989. Yo Bad Azzizi was also released on CD in 1988, the B-side of Do you beleive in shame i think?

Written By: Kryllith on 09/13/04 at 8:57 am

Just wanted to let people know that if you've not heard "Sunrise" and you'd like to, you can hear it here: http://www.sonymusic.com.au/news/details.do?newsId=20030829001037

Kryllith

Check for new replies or respond here...