inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Planet P Project

Written By: prettypete on 07/09/04 at 12:02 am

Does anyone remember this group? I used to love the song "Static". Frontman was Tony Carey who used to play keyboard for I believe Triumph. He had a couple of solo hits like "A Fine Fine Day". I believe their biggest "hit" was a song called "Why Me?". It's funny how some rock stations would play the new wave stuff!

Subject: Re: The Planet P Project

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/09/04 at 12:15 am

Does anyone remember this group? I used to love the song "Static". Frontman was Tony Carey who used to play keyboard for I believe Triumph. He had a couple of solo hits like "A Fine Fine Day". I believe their biggest "hit" was a song called "Why Me?". It's funny how some rock stations would play the new wave stuff!
I hear "Why Me" from time to time...I enjoyed his solo hit from 1983 called "I Won't Be Home Tonight" the best though :)

Written By: ragebass on 07/09/04 at 12:58 am

Tony Carey played keyboards with Rainbow.

Written By: Tim Kramar on 07/09/04 at 3:28 am

"There must be a thousand other guys
Must be some other way to look good in your eyes
Why am I up here, what do they see in me?
Must be a thousand other places to be."

Written By: prettypete on 07/09/04 at 6:54 pm

Tony Carey played keyboards with Rainbow.
thank you.i wasn't quite sure of the group!

Written By: truebeliever on 08/01/04 at 5:47 am

Hello, have a look at www.truebeliever.de - there you will find new informations about Tony Carey..,. there is a new Planet P Project CD out there!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/04 at 12:20 am

I love the song "Why Me," with the electro-reggae keyboard riff.  I also liked Tony Carey's "A Fine Fine Day," but with in the video with his long hippie hair, he didn't look like no mafia scion to me!
Someone else already mentioned he was in Rainbow with Ritchie Blackmore.  Now Ritchie Blackmore is in the group Blackmore's Night with his wife (?) Candice Night.  They do sort of Celtic-Medieval-New Age music!

BTW, Prettypete, I love your Mike Score avatar!

Written By: AnchorBay1986 on 08/03/04 at 8:10 pm

yes i have it, baught it for why me know i love static , king for a day,  tranquility base,  on cd it sounds awesome  would love to cdr it with anyone if legal for something i want !

Check for new replies or respond here...