inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No Doubt-80's band?

Written By: mooonchild on 07/09/04 at 10:00 pm

Just need to find an answer to this question...was there another band named "No Doubt" in the '80s? Since the "new" No Doubt hit it big in the last few years, I seemed to recall a band by that name in the early MTV days. Last week, a coworker mentioned that he had the same recollection. That tells me that either there was another "No Doubt" or a band name something very similar that is confusing us. Can't shake the idea that there must be something to it or we wouldn't both have such a strong feeling about it.

Thanks for shedding some light on this for us!!

Subject: Re: No Doubt-80's band?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/09/04 at 10:42 pm

I know what youre saying.  I had really thought the same thing when I first heard of them in the 90s.  I never really pursued it that much, but itd be nice to know.

Written By: prettypete on 07/13/04 at 6:21 pm

they formed in 1986 but i don't think had an early mtv video due to the fact they're first signing to a record label happened in 1991.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/13/04 at 10:58 pm

I checked All Music and the Trouser Press Record Guide, but see no mention of anyone except for the popular No Doubt...

maybe it's someone with a similar sounding name?

Check for new replies or respond here...