inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Too many Polls???

Written By: Less_Than_Zero on 07/11/04 at 11:45 am

With all the kool 80's subjects to talk about.  Do we really need all these polls in the main body of the forum? 

Subject: Re: Too many Polls???

Written By: stingr22 on 07/11/04 at 11:56 pm

I agree!  I don't hardly view the 80s page anymore because of all the dang polls!  >:(

The Penguin Board Games are much more fun!  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/12/04 at 1:02 am

Hey, there are cool things in ALL of the decades....and even though I post a LOT of polls....I agree that they should have a place of thier own ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/12/04 at 2:52 pm

I don't think they need their own forum.

Written By: Hairspray on 07/12/04 at 3:40 pm

I vote *No*.

If you don't like polls, skip them. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/04 at 3:44 pm

I don't think they need their own forum.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 07/12/04 at 3:49 pm

If the polls got their own forum, that wouldn't bother me.. however, I don't think it's totally necessary.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/12/04 at 5:51 pm

Also, if too many polls bother you then start a topic that isn't a poll.

Written By: Rush on 07/12/04 at 6:37 pm

I voted no! I like polls in their respective forum!

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/12/04 at 6:47 pm

I vote *No*.

If you don't like polls, skip them. :)

Ditto

Written By: Jennifer028 on 07/12/04 at 7:24 pm

I too like polls. :D

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 7:37 pm

I like polls to have their own forum.

Howard

Written By: mandamoo on 07/13/04 at 6:21 am

I like polls  8) :)

Written By: Mangoo on 07/14/04 at 6:11 am

I think they should have their own forum.Its getting to the point where people here are just coming up with a singers name and putting them with a poll. ::)

Written By: stingr22 on 07/14/04 at 8:30 am

Also, if too many polls bother you then start a topic that isn't a poll.

Then people have to sift through too many polls to get to the real topics.  It didn't used to be like this, but polls clutter up the whole board.  I occasionally respond to a poll, but it seems like everybody wants to post a poll about something.  If there was a section for just polls, it would please the "poll" people as well as those who want to only have topics.  Nothing major, but it would be nice to separate the two.  ;)

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/14/04 at 11:24 am

Seems like if it wasnt for the polls, this place would be pretty near dead.  So I dont mind the polls.

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 07/14/04 at 4:01 pm

Seems like if it wasnt for the polls, this place would be pretty near dead.  So I dont mind the polls.
I understand both views on this but I'd lean towards leaving them be for now. If there gets to be too many (Like the games used to be) then they should have thier own place.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 07/14/04 at 5:48 pm

I have noticed this place isnt as happening as it was when it was in the old place..I wonder why??  :(

Written By: Dagwood on 07/14/04 at 5:54 pm

It's called the summer slump.  People are too busy outside to hang out on line.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/15/04 at 4:46 am

I dont mind the polls for the simple fact that other than just voting - people start discussing a particular singer or song or whatever - it promotes new discussion.

I dont vote in them all - just the occassional topic that may spark my interest.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/15/04 at 1:08 pm

I dont mind the polls for the simple fact that other than just voting - people start discussing a particular singer or song or whatever - it promotes new discussion.

That's a very good point, BMG!  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/04 at 7:32 pm

Then people have to sift through too many polls to get to the real topics.  It didn't used to be like this, but polls clutter up the whole board.  I occasionally respond to a poll, but it seems like everybody wants to post a poll about something.  If there was a section for just polls, it would please the "poll" people as well as those who want to only have topics.  Nothing major, but it would be nice to separate the two.   ;)

Yeah,I agree with you.There hasn't been too many polls from the other board so maybe I think they should cut down on it on this one. ;)

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/04 at 10:24 am

It's called the summer slump.  People are too busy outside to hang out on line.

yeah, I thought we weren't experiencing it this summer, but it looks like it's July/August not June-August like I previousily though. 

The polls are a little overbearing, but I'm not quite prepared to move them to a childboard yet.  Maybe in the fall when traffic is back to normal I'll reconsider it.

Written By: Marian on 07/16/04 at 1:53 pm

Then people have to sift through too many polls to get to the real topics.  It didn't used to be like this, but polls clutter up the whole board.  I occasionally respond to a poll, but it seems like everybody wants to post a poll about something.  If there was a section for just polls, it would please the "poll" people as well as those who want to only have topics.  Nothing major, but it would be nice to separate the two.   ;)
;D ;DYou hit the nail right on the head!I would have voted for them to have their own forum,too!Cheers!

Written By: zcrito on 07/16/04 at 3:25 pm

True.
It's the people who create the poll subjects that are probably the same ones that post the most replies.
They're the ones that make this message board interesting.

I like the poll questions.

;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/16/04 at 3:32 pm

True.
It's the people who create the poll subjects that are probably the same ones that post the most replies.
They're the ones that make this message board interesting.

I like the poll questions.

;)

I am guilty of posting many polls...I picked a fine time to do the year by year song polls ::) Anyway, a few years ago there was a big dispute over the "Games"....taking up too much room, ect. Now they have thier own place. I will continue to post polls no matter what is decided, as long as some people enjoy them ;)

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/16/04 at 3:34 pm

I am guilty of posting many polls...I picked a fine time to do the year by year song polls ::) Anyway, a few years ago there was a big dispute over the "Games"....taking up too much room, ect. Now they have thier own place. I will continue to post polls no matter what is decided, as long as some people enjoy them ;)
I like the polls.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/16/04 at 6:52 pm

I like the polls.  :)
Thanks rubixgirl :)

Written By: Howard on 07/16/04 at 6:59 pm

Yeah.maybe we shouldn't complain that much.At least,it's not causing any trouble. ;)

Howard

Written By: prettypete on 07/16/04 at 11:41 pm

i say keep em'. i especially like the polls that consists of groups that i thought only had like one hit i.e. madness and haircut one hundred. sometimes i put up polls, and when people reply, they say they only know of "the big hit". sometimes too many good songs missed the top 40. keep the polls a comin'!!!!

Written By: Joe. on 08/16/04 at 6:36 pm

This may go a bit off topic, but I've seen people posting polls in the Ratings forum. I can't comment on them unless I register, though. The reason I'm bringing this up is that polls are not ratings. I thought that "Ratings" was for lists of songs, TV shows, movies, etc... that you would rate on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/04 at 12:47 pm

This may go a bit off topic, but I've seen people posting polls in the Ratings forum. I can't comment on them unless I register, though. The reason I'm bringing this up is that polls are not ratings. I thought that "Ratings" was for lists of songs, TV shows, movies, etc... that you would rate on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best.

Why don't you register? We don't bite-hard.  ;)

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/17/04 at 1:05 pm

Why don't you register? We don't bite-hard.  ;)

Cat
Unless you want us to... ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/17/04 at 4:06 pm

You know something,I like the polls.It doesn't matter where you put em just as long as people get to vote on that specific topic. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...