inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hall & Oates were fabulous!!!

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/12/04 at 11:36 am

I saw H&O at Jones Beach on Saturday.  What a fabulous concert!  It was a triple bill, Average White Band, Michael McDonald & H&O. AWB opened, they were ok.  Then Michael McDonald came on.  He was really good, he played some old Doobie Brothers songs, some of his solo stuff, and some material off his new Motown CD.  Then H&O took the stage. Daryl Hall was the whole show.  He was so personable, he kept thanking everyone for coming out to see them, instead of in his words "buying one of our DVD's and staying home".  He is a natural, he talked to the crowd like he was having a conversation with each of us.  He was bopping and dancing around the stage like he was 20 years old!  He was so upbeat, joking with the crowd, and shaking his hips at the beginning of Maneater.  Some women in the audience were catcalling him!  ;D ;D He thought it was pretty funny.  They did a mix of their old and new songs.  Then all three bands came on for the last set.  It was really great, although it was a bit funny to hear Michael McDonald singing lead on Kiss on My List  ;D  Then Daryl took over for the last verse.  The only complaint I would have, and maybe this was because of the acoustics of Jones Beach (it's an ampitheater) is that on some songs the instruments drowned out Daryl's voice, but only on one or two songs.  If this tour is coming anywhere near where you live, I would definitely recommend it.  It was a truly fantastic show.  I would go and see it again in a minute.

Subject: Re: Hall & Oates were fabulous!!!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/13/04 at 7:06 am

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. See I told you. You would. ;D I'm going to see them in August in Chicago. Can't wait. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/13/04 at 8:10 am

AWB is still together and playing?

Awesome.  8)

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/13/04 at 8:39 am

AWB is still together and playing?

Awesome.  8)

Yeah, they are.  They just released a 'best of' cd.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/04 at 12:22 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it, pennsygirl :) They continue to do great stuff ;)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/14/04 at 6:20 am

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/hallandoates/img/main0301.jpg

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/14/04 at 6:42 am

Thanks JohnTaylorsHeart.  Love that picture of Daryl.  Let me tell you, he was looking mighty fine on Saturday night.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/04 at 9:38 am

Thanks JohnTaylorsHeart.  Love that picture of Daryl.  Let me tell you, he was looking mighty fine on Saturday night.
He had aged well, pennsygirl....yet he is finally starting to show a hint of his age...I saw an interview with both of them some time ago. Daryl's face is a little puffed :-\\

Written By: pennsygirl on 07/14/04 at 11:53 am

Really?  I didn't notice that when I saw him.  Even looking at his face on the big screen tv's they had, he looked good.  Maybe he was having a bad night the night of the interview  ;D  He could have used a shave on Saturday, but otherwise, he looked great.

Check for new replies or respond here...