inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ALF

Written By: Kryllith on 07/14/04 at 12:00 pm

So who all watched the ALF talk show with Ed McMahon as co-host on TV land? Think it was on Sunday night...

Kryllith

Subject: Re: ALF

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/05/06 at 2:15 pm

Ok, so this is old news. But who here is surprised that Alf reruns failed to do anything on Nick or TV land. That show I believe was just as popular and Iconic as the Cosby's

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/05/06 at 3:55 pm

I think Alf was a good show, but it's not the kind of show I'd want to see in reruns all the time. I'd rather see Mr. Belvedere or the Wonder Years.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/05/06 at 4:08 pm

I think Alf was a good show, but it's not the kind of show I'd want to see in reruns all the time. I'd rather see Mr. Belvedere or the Wonder Years.

That's true.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/15/06 at 1:40 pm

I'm actually the other way around, but then that's probably because I've seen reruns of Mr. Belvedere and The Wonder Years so many more times than I've seen reruns of ALF. Course, I've seen reruns of Three's Company more than any of the three combined and I'd still rather watch it so...

Written By: wndysbg on 06/15/06 at 1:48 pm

I never "got" Alf.  Only watched it once and just did not find it appealing.  Actually thought he was more irritating than anything.  IMO

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/15/06 at 6:06 pm

I really enjoyed Alf as an eight-year-old kid, but I doubt that I could watch an episode of the show today...  ;D

Written By: wndysbg on 06/15/06 at 6:07 pm

I really enjoyed Alf as an eight-year-old kid, but I doubt that I could watch an episode of the show today...  ;D

What year was ALF on TV?  I want to think that it was on when I was in high school or college - which might explain my lack of interest in it.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/15/06 at 6:36 pm

What year was ALF on TV?  I want to think that it was on when I was in high school or college - which might explain my lack of interest in it.

According to imdb.com, Alf ran from 1986 thru 1990:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090390/

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 8:00 pm

I enjoyed ALF for what it was - a kind of 'Harry and the Hendersons' style format that could have worked better if ALF was more engaging as a character.

Written By: wndysbg on 06/15/06 at 8:15 pm

According to imdb.com, Alf ran from 1986 thru 1990:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090390/

Well that would it explain it for me.  I was in college in 1986 and I did not really watch a lot of TV - too many other things to do - and I guess ALF just did not catch my attention.    :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/15/06 at 10:46 pm

I liked the show alot.

Written By: ralfy on 06/14/16 at 3:13 am

"R.I.P. Michu Meszaros of 'ALF'"

http://metv.com/stories/rip-michu-meszaros-of-alf

Check for new replies or respond here...