inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need some 80's Buff Help

Written By: Bearcub on 07/20/04 at 7:35 pm

To Any 80's Buff:

I've been trying to identify a song that I recorded off the the t.v. show Night Tracks. I can't identify the artist or the song title, except that I think its called "Full Moon Fire" or "Fool Moon Fire". I really loved this song when I heard it and trying to find it on a music download site is difficult without all the info. This song also has a bit of a pop/country sound to it and was probably around  1980/1983 of course this is a rough estimate. It may also have been a one-hit wonder. The song seems to talk about being a werewolf from the werewolf's perspective, thoughts and feelings, but that's only also a guess.

But I can tell you a few lyrics that sound something like:

The Beginning Verse :

I once was a fresh young kid;
Nothin' could drag me down;
I lived and I loved what I did;
No one could turn it 'round;
I laughed and I joked with my friends;
they don't suspect a thing;
Alone by the light (or love) of the moon
A change comes over me;

Chorus: (this is what it sounds like, the recording is poor at best)

How can I defend this lunecy;
Maybe not dark as I am (or is);
Look at the night time sky you fool;
Its the (fool or full) moon fire;

2nd Verse Begins (Hard to tell due to sound quality)

Day after day its not use;
At night there comes a change;
(I can't identify the rest)

3rd Verse Begins

Now my friend you know;
Its so so hard to say;
Sometimes darkness feels... (then can't identify due to sound quality)

Then the singer ends with chorus being repeated until fade.

If anyone can give me any help with this song identification I would very much appreciate the input.

Bearcub

Subject: Re: Need some 80's Buff Help

Written By: zcrito on 07/20/04 at 10:51 pm

I looked around and maybe it's

"Full (or Fool?) Moon Fire" by Walter "Magnet and Steel" Egan ?

???

Written By: Bearcub on 07/26/04 at 7:54 pm

First I wanted to thank Zcrito, for the the info. on the song I've been looking for.
However, when I tried the suggestion of the artist, I still can't find the song linked to that particular artist. If anyone else has any other ideas of of an artist or song title.  I sure could use em'. Thanks everybody for any help they can give.  :)

Written By: RickP99 on 07/27/04 at 10:01 am

Hey Bearcub,

I did a Google search on "Walter Egan" "Fool Moon Fire" and came up with some sites.

This one is an interview with Walter Egan, where he mentions the song and that his wife Tammy was in the video:

http://fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/qa/walteregan_qa1.htm

Here is a list of CashBox Top 100 Singles from April, 1983.  Your song is #87:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/randypny2/cashbox/19830409.html

And, hey, all you guys out there should take a look at that last link!  That list of songs will really take you back to 1983 and what was playing then.  Memories.....

Later,
Rick

Written By: Bearcub on 08/04/04 at 3:41 am

Thanks RickP99... Both of those links were quite helpful and I also found another song I really liked but it didn't make to far up the charts...Winds of Change-Jefferson Starship. But of course, still both songs are unavailable as music downloads or so far I haven't seen them offered. But thanks for helping with that mystery. I really appreciate all your help.

Check for new replies or respond here...