inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help me find my mystery song

Written By: Kevin on 07/23/04 at 12:11 pm

I have been trying to locate this song forever. It was popular in 1981, I remember hearing it on the radio alot, a ballot by a female and the only line I remember is " I played the King and I have played the Queen." The whole song is like I've done this and I have tried this but....

If anyone has any clue who the artist and/or song is please let me know

Thanks,
Kevin

Subject: Re: Please help me find my mystery song

Written By: eightiesfan on 07/23/04 at 12:47 pm

It sounds like it might be "I've Never Been to Me" by Charlene but I'm not 100% positive.

Written By: whiskers4me on 07/23/04 at 1:36 pm

I agree with eightiesfan, I am pretty sure the song you want is sung by Sylvia and the song is I've Never Been to Me.
Whiskers4me

I have been trying to locate this song forever. It was popular in 1981, I remember hearing it on the radio alot, a ballot by a female and the only line I remember is " I played the King and I have played the Queen." The whole song is like I've done this and I have tried this but....

If anyone has any clue who the artist and/or song is please let me know

Thanks,
Kevin

Written By: rubixgirl on 07/23/04 at 2:38 pm

Partial Lyrics from I've Never Been to Me

I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

Written By: Kevin on 07/23/04 at 4:45 pm

You guys were right! It is "Never been to me" by Charlene. I used to like it when I was 9 yrs old and haven't heard it since. I've been trying to figure it out forever. Thanks a million!

Kevin

Written By: zcrito on 07/23/04 at 5:02 pm

Sung by Charlene and written by Ken Kirsch and Ronald Miller.  ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...