inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1980s computer game

Written By: mel on 08/04/04 at 6:47 pm

I am looking for info regarding a computer game we played in computer class in 1984-85.  An adventurer roamed though jungle/forest/castle/pyramids, etc.  He collected info/items leading to a medallion.  (So many games were based on the Indiana Jones movie...)  He always had many choices to make and sometimes he could go back and make a different choice.  I remember it as challenging intellectually.  I don't think speed was involved.  We used a keyboard.  Is ayone familiar with it?  I'm thinking of a name like "aztec, temple, adventure, golden..." something like that.
Thanks.

Subject: Re: 1980s computer game

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/10/04 at 3:38 pm

It sounds like "Pitfall", but for the home systems I can think of two: "Aztec Challenge", but that had no medallions, and "Montezuma's Revenge", which had you picking up swords, gold bricks, keys, amulets, and torches to get around a maze of ancient treasure rooms. I hope this helps!

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Howard on 08/10/04 at 5:07 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/ataritroll/MULTICART.JPG

I think it could be Pitfall.He might be right.  ;D

Howard

Written By: DrWizard on 08/10/04 at 5:44 pm

Could it be "Livingstone, I suppose"?

From what I can recall, it was a game of an adventurer, Livingstone, who had to avoid lots of traps and cross through many interconnected screens. There were many similar games, Abu Simbel for instance.

Written By: danielphillips on 08/11/04 at 8:36 pm

it sounds like a game i used to play on the amiga called Kidgloves. I dont reallr rmember it tooo well coz i was only young but it sounds like that sort of thing

Written By: migi on 08/17/04 at 10:40 am

it sounds like a game i used to play on the amiga called Kidgloves. I dont reallr rmember it tooo well coz i was only young but it sounds like that sort of thing

Cannot be that 'cos Amiga 500 came 1987 or 1988. Was it commodore 64 game or perhaps atari?

Check for new replies or respond here...