inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jon Erik Hexum

Written By: stretchy-pants on 08/04/04 at 7:59 pm

Jon Erik, before his unfortunate accident gets my vote over and over......LOVED Cover Up! :\'(

Subject: Re: Jon Erik Hexum

Written By: Dagwood on 08/05/04 at 6:05 pm

I went with Jon Erik Hexum, too.  He was definately a hottie.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 6:23 pm

Gotta go with Hasselhoff.  Plus he knows how to handle a gun.

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/06/04 at 12:38 am

Jon Erik

Written By: Koop on 08/06/04 at 11:15 am

Jon Erik Hexum!  It was so sad how he died.  :\'(

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/06/04 at 11:46 am

I'm not familiar with him, how did he die? :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/04 at 12:15 pm

rubixgirl,

Jon-Erik died back in 1984 when he held a .44 Magnum prop gun, which was loaded with blanks, up to his temple.  He then said "Let's see if I got myself with this one." and squeezed off a round.

The incident happened on the set of the TV Series Cover Up.  Ironically, Jon played the role of a hunky weapons expert.

Here is a link to his story:  http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/h/Jon%20Eric%20Hexum/jon_erik_hexum.htm

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/06/04 at 1:25 pm

I also chose Jon-Erik Hexum.  I still remember when the tragedy happened that took his life.  :\'(

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 08/06/04 at 2:22 pm

He is most famous for his short lived TV series from 1982 called Voyagers!.  Hexum played Phineas Bogg, a time traveler dressed as a 17th century pirate.  All Voyagers used a watch like time travel device worn on the belt called an "omni".  Voyagers traveled through time putting history back on course when somehow history would change.  Bogg's omni was only supposed to go up 1970 and no further, but one day his omni malfunctioned and he accidently wound up in 12 year old Jeffrey's high rise apartment in 1982.  Jeff was played by Menno Pulce, Solie "Punky Brewster" Moon Frye's older brother.  Throug a series of events Jeffrey winds up traveling in time with Bogg, and Bogg can't take the kid back to 1982 because his omni reset itself.  Bogg is somewhat of a doofus on history and lost his guidebook in 1982, but the kid was super smart and helped Bogg out as a human guidebook.  A great series, aimed primarily at children.  Sadly it only lasted 1 year because it was up against 60 Minutes on Sundays. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/06/04 at 6:03 pm

I voted for Bo Luke! Yummy.

It's sad how Jon Erik died, but it was also unwise.

Tanya

Written By: Lanie on 08/06/04 at 6:36 pm

I went with John Schneider(Bo Duke),who is on my favorite show "Smallville" and still looks yummy!!! :-*

Written By: Koop on 08/06/04 at 9:48 pm

I went with John Schneider(Bo Duke),who is on my favorite show "Smallville" and still looks yummy!!! :-*

I think he looks even better now than he did on "Dukes".  The years since have been VERY good to him.  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/07/04 at 12:10 pm

I think he looks even better now than he did on "Dukes".  The years since have been VERY good to him.  ;)

I also agree.  :)

Written By: TC1970 on 08/07/04 at 4:27 pm

BO DUKE!! NO BOUBT!

Check for new replies or respond here...