inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The name of a movie from the 80's

Written By: 80grl on 08/05/04 at 6:32 pm

I'm looking for the title of a movie that was made in the 80's.  All I can really remember about the movie is that there is a group of kids that work out at a gym.  they really don't get along with each other but later on relationships begin to develop between them.  I remember them trying to break into a winabago for something and they all drew straws to see who would go first.  But that's really all that I remember.  If anyone knows the name of the movie I'm talking about please let me know. Thanks.

Subject: Re: The name of a movie from the 80's

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/06/04 at 7:49 am

Any idea of any other movies one of the actor's might have been.

At the gym was it like weights or gymnastics?

Written By: 80grl on 08/06/04 at 12:33 pm

I believe it was weights.  It was several kids.  I think that they worked out there...I can't remember that much about it, except that two of them were running up the stairs like in Rocky to the same music...they were working out.  I think maybe they were trying to save the gym or something.

Written By: 80grl on 08/07/04 at 10:15 pm

I also remember that they had to have something done by 12 noon I think, and I remember them stealing a winnibago and I believe the guy that played Mr.Jefferson was in it.  If anyone knows what this movie is called please let me know. Thanks

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/09/04 at 9:55 am

I also remember that they had to have something done by 12 noon I think, and I remember them stealing a winnibago and I believe the guy that played Mr.Jefferson was in it.  If anyone knows what this movie is called please let me know. Thanks

Is it this movie??
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090865/

Written By: 80grl on 08/09/04 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Rubix Girl for your suggestion, but I don't think that's the movie.  It was like a group of about six kids of guy and girls.  Thanks for your help though.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/09/04 at 9:04 pm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0376200/

This is a link to Sherman Helmsley's bio on IMDB.  See if it is one of those.

Check for new replies or respond here...